Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Ay, im on the ultimate pack, and attempting to wright a new age using mystcraft. I found the some symbols, but no matter what i do... it seems that they have almost no effect on my world. i added the mushroom biome symbole, and the dense ore symbol, but i got a flat forest with rainbow trees. its like this with all my worlds. how detailed do you have to be in order to make a custom world?

p.s. i already watched direwolf20 and still, i can make customize my worlds.
I'm not experienced enough to help you myself, but whizzball wrote a fairly detailed guide here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mystcraft-book-writing-guide.14349/
(It's split over several posts.)
Maybe that will shed some light on the situation...

Reactions: OttoSoul

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything I can do with excess amounts of MJ. I have 4 HP Boilers (3x3x4) and currently have a frame/quarry machine that deploys 4 quarries and runs them really fast. And yet I still have an excess of energy. I don't want to power the quarries all the time because I am running out of storage for some items. Anything I can use to just waste away any of my excess MJ? FWI playing on DW20 SMP Server.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything I can do with excess amounts of MJ. I have 4 HP Boilers (3x3x4) and currently have a frame/quarry machine that deploys 4 quarries and runs them really fast. And yet I still have an excess of energy. I don't want to power the quarries all the time because I am running out of storage for some items. Anything I can use to just waste away any of my excess MJ? FWI playing on DW20 SMP Server.
You could burn off MJ and excess cobble at the same time in a magma crucible. You could use that to make EU, or obsidian/smooth stone in a igneous extruder, or put it in liquiducts for some neat lighting. If you had gregtech you could really put it to good use, spinning it for copper, tin, electrum and I think tungsten.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Ay, im on the ultimate pack, and attempting to wright a new age using mystcraft. I found the some symbols, but no matter what i do... it seems that they have almost no effect on my world. i added the mushroom biome symbole, and the dense ore symbol, but i got a flat forest with rainbow trees. its like this with all my worlds. how detailed do you have to be in order to make a custom world?

p.s. i already watched direwolf20 and still, i can make customize my worlds.
SSP Ultimate?

Mystcraft bug. Try regenerating the world.

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
You could burn off MJ and excess cobble at the same time in a magma crucible. You could use that to make EU, or obsidian/smooth stone in a igneous extruder, or put it in liquiducts for some neat lighting. If you had gregtech you could really put it to good use, spinning it for copper, tin, electrum and I think tungsten.

Well I have thought of that before but I already have Pump/Ender-Tank Combo that have given me millions mB of lava. I'm thinking about scraping a few of my Industrial Steams for some IC2 Steam Turbines? Are those any good? There is another option to use all my MJ. Powering an AE system. But not quite ready to set one up.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that worked like a charm. I even bookmarked that page for further reading.

Another question. What is the difference between a safe, and an advanced safe?
Advanced safe can't be opened by admins (it's very dumb in my opinion :p)

Well I have thought of that before but I already have Pump/Ender-Tank Combo that have given me millions mB of lava. I'm thinking about scraping a few of my Industrial Steams for some IC2 Steam Turbines? Are those any good? There is another option to use all my MJ. Powering an AE system. But not quite ready to set one up.
If you have PowerConverters, use those. If you want Steam Turbines, you'll have to micro-manage them, because they use up their steel turbines in a few days. Just take that lava and turn it into EU with Thermal Generators, then you'll have more room for more lava! :D

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

If you have PowerConverters, use those. If you want Steam Turbines, you'll have to micro-manage them, because they use up their steel turbines in a few days. Just take that lava and turn it into EU with Thermal Generators, then you'll have more room for more lava! :D

I run 2 of my boilers into 4 steam turbines to feed EU to my GT machines. The Steam Turbines are a nice looking multiblock structure to compliment the bouilers and with no noticable lag ... and I actually enjoy the occasional maintenance activity. It's not too onerous now theres a simple repair recipe, so I just leave a project table setup nearby. The blades last much longer since the recent update. Plus a nice touch is to add a gate/lamp on each turbine to alert you when the blades need maintenance. Sweet!

edit to add:

screenshot of boiler / turbine / MFSU line
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/attachments/2013-03-30_21-09-39-png.3121/

Reactions: jumpfight5

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019

Considered using lava for EU but I don't feel like making tons of geothermal generators. Even though I accidentally made 2 stacks of generators in the fabricator. Woops. For IC2 I think I'm gonna go Reactors & Solars depending on which age I am in.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Considered using lava for EU but I don't feel like making tons of geothermal generators. Even though I accidentally made 2 stacks of generators in the fabricator. Woops. For IC2 I think I'm gonna go Reactors & Solars depending on which age I am in.
That's probably a good idea, unfortunately you have all that extra energy :p

Have you tried Bees? The machines will suck up your energy, one ExtraBees machine will take around 1,000 mj/t.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
An AE system is great way to use extra power. The more you add to it, put in it, and pump in and out of it, the more juice it uses.

That's probably a good idea, unfortunately you have all that extra energy :p

Have you tried Bees? The machines will suck up your energy, one ExtraBees machine will take around 1,000 mj/t.
To clarify, it can accept up to 1000mj/t, but only uses 100mj/t. Meaning if you give it 1000mj/t(don't ask me how you'd do that), it will take it until it's internal power storage is full, then it will only take what it's using.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, it can accept up to 1000mj/t, but only uses 100mj/t. Meaning if you give it 1000mj/t(don't ask me how you'd do that), it will take it until it's internal power storage is full, then it will only take what it's using.
Ah, good call. The word "take" threw me off. I believe you are correct then. :)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds about right, thanks! I just want to clarify what you mean by "multiply by 3 in each dimension": Do you mean multiply the total area (resulting in a "pollination area" of 27x9x27), or the "distance from Apiary" (i.e. 4-away on X/Z and 1-away on Y, multiplied by 3, equals 12-away on X/Z and 3-away on Y, for a pollination area of 25x7x25). I know it makes little difference, but I want to build my orchard to exact specifications :)
If it was 9x3x9, it would become 27x9x27 with the apiary in the exakt middle of that. Btw: the correct size is 9x6x9, not 9x3x9 :)[DOUBLEPOST=1366358480][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just an aside to the bee territory discussion: Alvearies double territory. You can see the x2 multiplier listed here: http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:beta (It's a beta page but it's not a new feature, alvearies have always worked that way.)
Thanks for that information, missed it totally.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Over a 24 hour period, my fermenter used 341 Fertilizer, as compared to MilConDoin's calculation of 255. So those 32 stacks will last about 6 days.
Did you produce exactly enough biofuel, so that the tank between your fermenter/stills and the 36HP boiler hasn't changed its contained level? That's where the 255 would fit. I assume, that you produced more than that.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Did you produce exactly enough biofuel, so that the tank between your fermenter/stills and the 36HP boiler hasn't changed its contained level? That's where the 255 would fit. I assume, that you produced more than that.
My biomass and biofuel tanks stay topped up. Could there be some loss in the fuel production, where only a small amount is needed but more is produced and lost?

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Enderman Soul Shards.
Do they teleport off when Hit by CC mellee turtles?
Kinda pointless building a farm for them if they gonna teleport out.
Do I have to do that large drop farm at the end to farm Ender Pearls? (on a large scale)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Enderman Soul Shards.
Do they teleport off when Hit by CC mellee turtles?
Kinda pointless building a farm for them if they gonna teleport out.
Do I have to do that large drop farm at the end to farm Ender Pearls? (on a large scale)
Yes, they teleport when hit by a turtle. No, you don't have to do a large drop. A room with Quicksand on the 3rd level will work. They suffocate and won't teleport away.