Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone think of anything that's electrical in Minecraft. I already have redstone and circuits but can't think of anything else that's electrical.
I'm trying to think up hard recipes for:
RAM
Processor
GFX Card (May not include)
Motherboard
If anyone can come up with some recipes for these or think of anything electrical in minecraft please reply to this comment :)

It would be hard to be original with so much electrical stuff already in the modpack. If you add silicon, it's already there. If you add rubber, please don't add yet another kind of rubber.

Magnets. How do they work? I don't know, but you probably need them to make a computer.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
nothing really. So make something up.

your not going to get anything remotely like real life. I used to work for a company called Unaxis back in the day so I got a really good insiders look at how chips are actually made and yeah... Your not going to get even remotely close to it. So Id suggest maybe 3 advanced circutis over something like copper or lapis in a bed sort of layout to make a memory moduel.
Yea I didn't figure it would :p
Just trying to think of some technical/electrical things in FTB besides wiring and circuits. And sort of redstone.[DOUBLEPOST=1365907114][/DOUBLEPOST]
It would be hard to be original with so much electrical stuff already in the modpack. If you add silicon, it's already there. If you add rubber, please don't add yet another kind of rubber.

Magnets. How do they work? I don't know, but you probably need them to make a computer.
No no. I'm definitely not adding anything just working off of pre-existing items to make an ultimate item :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How do fill cans with seed oil and stuff?
Place them in the required machine. For example seed oil is made through a squeezer and has a slot in the bottom left to put empty cans into and once 1000mB of seed oil is generated it will automatically fill the can.

For placeable liquid you can merely hold a can and right click the liquid in the world.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
There's a slot for empty cans on the right side of the squeezer's GUI. If your liquid is being stored in a Xycraft tank, you can fill cans by placing them in the left slot of the GUI. If your liquid is being piped around or is stored in a railcraft tank you can pipe it into a liquid transposer set up to fill cans (water drop symbol moving towards center - pointy end towards liquid tank).

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to the 2 answers above me, I'd like to add it's always cheaper/easier (at least in my opinion) to pipe liquids around directly whenever possible, to avoid having to make and fill cans/cells/capsules. Some machines, unfortunately, still don't accept raw liquids and must be fed with containers. In those cases, fill the can directly in the machine producing the liquid, if it has that functionality, and pipe the cans directly into the machine needing them, liquid transposers are wasted MJ in most cases.

Oh, yea, I had a question too. Anyone have a turtle script to build a variable size box, with variable wall thickness?
I've found lots of box builders, but none with variable wall thickness. (In fact, it doesn't even have to be variable, 2 blocks thick would be fine.) I'm still a TOTAL noob with Lua, and have succeeded only in making my turtle very confused, and lag me out with an infinite loop.

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is responsible for this red grid over everything, and how do I turn it off? (Ultimate Pack)

rn6rDZN.jpg

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
hey, when ever i have optifine installed in my jar mods file, a message pops up saying that java se binary has stopped working. why does optifine do this? any fixes?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
hey, when ever i have optifine installed in my jar mods file, a message pops up saying that java se binary has stopped working. why does optifine do this? any fixes?
Are you running it with the correct version of forge?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I set up a Filler to fill the holes under my base all the way down to bedrock. I set up three landmarks, attached an Energy Tesseract, put in the 9 bricks, and fed it some Cobblestone. It used up a couple of stacks, and then stopped. Any idea why it would have stopped? The volume I set it to fill was pretty huge, and at one point I pulled out the central brick in the pattern and it started using cobble again and stopped when it ran out.

Maybe it hit a block it didn't like? Does lava or water stop it from operating? Or mobs?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I set up a Filler to fill the holes under my base all the way down to bedrock. I set up three landmarks, attached an Energy Tesseract, put in the 9 bricks, and fed it some Cobblestone. It used up a couple of stacks, and then stopped. Any idea why it would have stopped? The volume I set it to fill was pretty huge, and at one point I pulled out the central brick in the pattern and it started using cobble again and stopped when it ran out.

Maybe it hit a block it didn't like? Does lava or water stop it from operating? Or mobs?
lava I believe not sure about water.

Ay, yes. And what even more strange is that it will work some times if i fiddle with it enough. But today it seems it refuses to start.

Not too sure :\ If it's the newest version use an older one of the same version and if it's older use a newer one.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019

If lava is in the area that you set your filler to fill, it wont work at all.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What are those new blocks in Factorization, and how can I read about them? the wiki AND the forum post are outdated.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

lava does cause them to stop, had issue a few months ago making a floor down at level 11. the pattern with the centre block missing maxes a hollow box instead of a solid block.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'm trying to think of something for a GUI.
I'm going to have an input box then an arrow to an output box.
Part way through the arrow I'm going to have sort of a watermark of that thing in the "Jimmy Neutron series"

Edit:
OK the big red thing is what I"m trying to find the name of:
jimmy-neutron-adventures.jpg