Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If there's nothing obvious in JEI, then perhaps a hammer to smash cobble and/or wood?

No hammers in the pack, there's no Ex Nihilo mod... if anyone is curious, I've already figured out the first clue to getting started in the modpack... single compressed cobblestone smelts into iron. :)

If I had to search thru JEI to find that oddball recipe, I'm not sure how many days it would have taken me, but I guarantee it would have taken me at least one full day to find it. Why would I ever think I could make iron ingots from only wood logs and cobblestone? I doubt I would have ever looked at the iron ingot recipes.

And after that little exercise... I'm no longer quite so thrilled with RWTema's modpack. LOL Right from the start, I can see its just another "JEI-Hunt" type of exercise, that's the entire puzzle to be solved, finding the recipes.

So Golrith, I will definitely be starting your Manufactio modpack today, I already downloaded it!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No hammers in the pack, there's no Ex Nihilo mod... if anyone is curious, I've already figured out the first clue to getting started in the modpack... single compressed cobblestone smelts into iron. :)

If I had to search thru JEI to find that oddball recipe, I'm not sure how many days it would have taken me, but I guarantee it would have taken me at least one full day to find it. Why would I ever think I could make iron ingots from only wood logs and cobblestone? I doubt I would have ever looked at the iron ingot recipes.

And after that little exercise... I'm no longer quite so thrilled with RWTema's modpack. LOL Right from the start, I can see its just another "JEI-Hunt" type of exercise, that's the entire puzzle to be solved, finding the recipes.

So Golrith, I will definitely be starting your Manufactio modpack today, I already downloaded it!
Tema's pack seems to be a crazy one.

Hoping to release a big update today/tomorrow, but it mainly effects mid/end game stuff.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my first attempt at playing Manufactio modpack ended in failure, apparently there are mob spawners hidden inside things in the landscape. :)
I immediately see the concept of Science Packs in your questbook and I really like that idea... well done, my friend! Seems like a very innovative and interesting approach, which was exactly what I was looking for when I made my original post here.
Also, I never played a pack with the Dynamic Trees mod, and therefore, the first time I cut down a tree, I was a bit shocked to watch it actually fall over like a real tree would do!! Very cool indeed.
So I'll try again (and again and again LOL) until I get established, this pack seems like a keeper - thanks Golrith, nice job indeed!

Reactions: Golrith

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sorry about that... DW20 is playing Tema's pack on livestream, Thursdays and Sundays... Not a "Let's Play" on Youtube. That's probably why it's so fun to see him cracking up over the "oddities" of Ultimate Alchemy. :D

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Question for you folks...

I'm playing DW20 1.12.2 pack, latest version.

I finally wanted to get over my dislike for Deep Resonance (mostly due to Dire doing it in almost every pack he's played) and try it out for myself. Only problem is the tanks from the mod seem to have a broken texture.
I haven't placed it in the world yet, as I play on a server and don't want to crash the damned thing if it breaks the game. Even if I do place it, will I still be able to set it to "input/output" as that changes the texture of the block.

Am I screwed? Will Deep Resonance and I never get along?

Edit: I went into a test world for the same pack, looks like the broken texture is just when it's in an inventory or in your hand, once you place it it's good.

Last edited:
S

Shadows2b

Hello,

I have always been playing on the FTB Infinity evolved pack, but i don't think it will ever be updated to 1.12 or higher. So I would like to know who is it's successor? Is it Revelations?

Thanks for the help :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hello,

I have always been playing on the FTB Infinity evolved pack, but i don't think it will ever be updated to 1.12 or higher. So I would like to know who is it's successor? Is it Revelations?

Modpacks generally cannot be updated to new Minecraft versions. Too many technical issues prevents that.
As for a "spiritual successor" to Infinity, I think you need to look outside FTB.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

There's no way they can update a modpack to a new version because some of the mods in Minecraft v1.7.10 never were updated to Minecraft v1.12.2... basically, each new version of Minecraft requires a whole new modpack.

The v1.12.2 version of FTB Infinity Evolved is clearly the FTB Continuum modpack. Here's what the modpack description says, if you read it I think you'll agree its the same "expert pack" approach as FTB Infinity Evoloved was.

FTB Continuum is an expert style modpack packed with some of the latest tech mods by Feed the Beast! Majority of the recipes and intended progression that you are used to has been changed. Continuum introduces new, never before used mods to make things even more difficult and challenging. The overall goal of this pack is to extend game play by making large changes to progression throughout the mods. This pack contains a lot of custom quests to help you progress and provide tips/tricks and even rewards as you play through Continuum. Note that the quests are completely optional to play through the pack, but high suggested due to the large number of game play changes. The survival difficulty has not been changed other than the introduction of Spice of Life, however this is setup in a way where it’s not a burden to the player. Good luck and enjoy!

However... IMPORTANT NOTE: I think if you ask anyone who has played both FTB Infinity Evolved Expert Mod and FTB Continuum, they'd say they are completely different modpacks with very little similarity. :D So while I believe my advice is technically correct, most players view Continuum as it's own modpack, and it certainly is NOT any kind of "spiritual successor" to FTB Infinity Evolved modpack at all. They tried to do something new and different in Continuum with the "EFab" device, but it generally did not receive very glowing reviews. Most players see the Efab as more of a pain in the neck than a real advancement in modded Minecraft. :) But hey... at least FTB is trying, right?

S

Shadows2b

Thank you for your answers :)
I thouhght most of the mods were still developped, so I ignored most of them were abandoned, quite sad :/
I would have liked to keep my base for the new version because I like it but if every mod changed it won't be possible x)
Plus, for some reason my game lags on continuum :/
Anyway thank you all :p

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
Hey Guys.
I still play Stoneblock :p. And atm i use Mekanism for Quintuple thinks. But i miss Aluminium Chunk and Ore and some other. Can i insert im by my self or did i need to open a Dev Ticket for Mekanism or for Stoneblock?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I thouhght most of the mods were still developped, so I ignored most of them were abandoned, quite sad :/
I would have liked to keep my base for the new version because I like it but if every mod changed it won't be possible x)

Yes it is very sad to me, because in my opinion, Minecraft is slowly dying in popularity, its best days are behind it... Microsoft once again proves they are the biggest idiots in the world for paying 2 billion dollars for a game whose best days are in the past. But of course that's only my opinion.

If I were you I'd keep playing FTB Infinity Evolved, because as you might expect after reading my words here, my opinion is that the v1.7.10 modpacks will be viewed in the future as being be best generation of modpacks. It's all downhill from here. Good luck, and enjoy!

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Not been playing on a new server for long and I'm trying to make some Tesseracts, but I'm needed a healthy supply of shiny ingots.

I heard 1 of the best ways to get cinnabar was pulverize redstone ore, so I need silk touch.
But its been awhile since I've done any enchanting, I've been enchanting a load of books, just selecting the items that cost 2 or 3 xp.

I've enchanted close to 30 books and completely drained my XP tank, is there anyway to increase my chances?

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
@DEL 707 are you playing any modpack? There should be a couple of them which would help. Like the Enchanter from Ender Io where u can Chose ur Enchantment by urself

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You can try the ender io enchanter, which is in the pack as far as I know. That will let you select enchants.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
My personal favourite way of enchanting in 1.7.10 was infusion enchanting. I know i was probably in the minority there. Thaumic Tinker also has the osomotic enchanter, but this is fairly expensive.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

What is your RAM allocation? 1.7.10 packs mostly ran fine with a 4GB allocation, but since 1.10 or 1.11 packs run better with 6-8GB. I run Direwolf20, Stoneblock, Sky Adventures and a "Vanilla" setup to check 1.13 releases and 1.14 Snapshots using a 7GB allocation with steady 120FPS on all.

My system is a Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2GHz auto 'turboed' to 3.725GHz), 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz and a GTX 1060 w/6GB ram.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not been playing on a new server for long and I'm trying to make some Tesseracts, but I'm needed a healthy supply of shiny ingots.

I heard 1 of the best ways to get cinnabar was pulverize redstone ore, so I need silk touch.
But its been awhile since I've done any enchanting, I've been enchanting a load of books, just selecting the items that cost 2 or 3 xp.

I've enchanted close to 30 books and completely drained my XP tank, is there anyway to increase my chances?

As others have said, EnderIO enchanter is quite good, just the hoops you have to jump through to make the machines now has put some folks off of it. You can use Thermal's Induction smelter to make steel/dark steel so you could skip it.

Tinker's as a super easy way to get silk touch as well, just need emeralds, easy enough if you have found a village.

PS: I hate vanilla enchanting, but if you really want to torture yourself, gold picks have a better chance of getting silk touch (and fortune for that matter), then you can use some mods to remove the enchant and put them on a book.