Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah, I totally spaced out on the fluid transposer, but now I've got it working the long way around.. send x + bucket to transposer... skip the headache...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I saw multiple videos with other golems than Tallow, but i tried with Tallow still wont work.
How am I supposed to give him a bucket ?

Videos mean nothing if they are from older versions and you are playing a new one or vice versa... Mods can completely change from version to version, and even in the same version if the pack is heavily customized.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, let's all help me sort out which builder to use going forward :)

I'm at a good point to start building bigger things and I want to, say, build 4 templates for 4 different walls, then be able to duplicate *and rotate* those walls to build a huge, complicated skyscraper.

I have a couple of different tools I could use, but I'm not sure on the specifics, so I'm hoping someone has some insight. Right now, I have three methods of working with a blueprint that I know of. Minecolonies, which we can cross right off the list because it would just be a pain in the butt to build a skyscraper with that AI. I also have buildcraft and RFTools.

My money is on RFtools, but I can't figure out what I'm missing here. I seem to only know how to use that builder as a quarry or, theoretically to make basic shapes, though I've yet to attempt that. How do I copy a blueprint or something? And can you rotate the designs?

Or, is there a mod out there I could add that would work better with all of these?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ok. What are some comon causes for my bed being serially "obstructed" kind of randomly? It's like 2 blocks away from anything but a torch, xp grate and an armor stand. High ceiling, up one block, but sitting in blocks, not floating. Any ideas?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. What are some comon causes for my bed being serially "obstructed" kind of randomly? It's like 2 blocks away from anything but a torch, xp grate and an armor stand. High ceiling, up one block, but sitting in blocks, not floating. Any ideas?

Thaumcraft node perhaps? I'm certain you would have either thought of that, or actually observed the little glowing dot in the world... but it's the only thing I can think of and you didn't directly mention a TC node.

Also... does a bed need to be placed on 3 blocks instead of just 2 blocks when it is elevated? I'm thinking that if you don't have a block to stand on when you wake up in the morning, it may cause a problem?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I go to Twitch everyday hoping to find a modpack that is "new and exciting", but I rarely find such a thing... most modpacks just seem to be the same thing with a different modpack title and picture on them.

What are the TRULY different modpacks out there? I'm sure we all know the classic example by now... SevTech modpack. Now THERE is a pack that did things completely differently!!

What are some other modpacks which are "completely out of the ordinary" like SevTech is? Can anyone list a few such modpack titles for me to have a look at please? Thanks!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Thaumcraft node perhaps? I'm certain you would have either thought of that, or actually observed the little glowing dot in the world... but it's the only thing I can think of and you didn't directly mention a TC node.

Also... does a bed need to be placed on 3 blocks instead of just 2 blocks when it is elevated? I'm thinking that if you don't have a block to stand on when you wake up in the morning, it may cause a problem?

Good thinking outside the box with the TC thing, but no TC. But you might be right about the support blocks! Ill add tovtgat and see how it goes

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I go to Twitch everyday hoping to find a modpack that is "new and exciting", but I rarely find such a thing... most modpacks just seem to be the same thing with a different modpack title and picture on them.

What are the TRULY different modpacks out there? I'm sure we all know the classic example by now... SevTech modpack. Now THERE is a pack that did things completely differently!!

What are some other modpacks which are "completely out of the ordinary" like SevTech is? Can anyone list a few such modpack titles for me to have a look at please? Thanks!
Shameless self promotion, but my Manufactio pack is not quite the normal pack while using a lot of standard mods (and some not commonly used). It's bringing the game concept of Factorio to Minecraft, handling mass amount of resources through the logistics of conveyor belts and individual crafting tables, with tech unlocked through a research style system.
Still in beta, but I'd say it's about 80% complete, with only the endgame level content still to be integrated.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Tema released a new pack called "Ultimate Alchemy" about a week ago that seems to turn modding on it's head... It's a sky block where you start out with infinite wood and cobble and apparently the end-goal is to craft clay. I haven't tried it yet but DW20 started a game last Sunday and was laughing with each new recipe at the ridiculousness of it all.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Shameless self promotion, but my Manufactio pack is not quite the normal pack while using a lot of standard mods (and some not commonly used). It's bringing the game concept of Factorio to Minecraft, handling mass amount of resources through the logistics of conveyor belts and individual crafting tables, with tech unlocked through a research style system.
Still in beta, but I'd say it's about 80% complete, with only the endgame level content still to be integrated.

I typed out a nice reply because I thought you were the guy who actually LINKED Factorio output to Minecraft - he posted about it on reddit recently. LOL Quite an achievement to link two entirely unrelated games, but he actually did it.

Then I re-read everything and realized you're NOT "that guy". :) But it's fine, I really like the concept of Factorio even tho I never bought the game. Building manufacturing and production facilities is exactly why I play Minecraft, so your pack should interest me enough to give it a try - thanks! There's nothing at all wrong with self-promotion, if you don't do it, who will? :)

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Tema released a new pack called "Ultimate Alchemy" about a week ago that seems to turn modding on it's head... It's a sky block where you start out with infinite wood and cobble and apparently the end-goal is to craft clay. I haven't tried it yet but DW20 started a game last Sunday and was laughing with each new recipe at the ridiculousness of it all.

Alright, now we're getting somewhere!!! Two very good modpack suggestions here today, thanks so much guys! Since I don't have Factorio I guess this is gonna be the one I try out today. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh wow... it's you. :) Yeah I saw when you posted about the Factorio thing on reddit and I was quite impressed with it all. But I don't have a reddit account which is why I didn't post my amazement there. But I get the chance to do it here - congrats on quite a feat!!

Sadly I never purchased Factorio even tho I'm certain I'd like it quite a bit. But I played the demo and didn't like the part about having to fight the monsters (very similar to my few complaints about Minecraft, I'm a pacifist and don't like having to fight and kill things, not even make-believe fantasy monsters lol)... I found Factorio to be great in terms of building and puzzle-solving, but the additon of the monsters ruined the entire thing for me (they destroyed all my hard work, something I really despise games doing, Creepers do it in Minecraft too).

But yeah - your modpack is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Where are all the other innovators with stuff like this? I feel like Twitch has a bazillion of the identical modpacks and sifting thru them all to find the few real gems is almost impossible without some help from "word of mouth".

Good luck with the mod and well done indeed!
ok, I'm confused, I don't have a Reddit account :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: LordPINE

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't want to take away from Golrith's work one tiny bit, you should definitely play his pack. But when you're done with that pack and some time has passed and you get that "itch", GO BUY FACTORIO. That game is amazing.

But definitely play Golrith's first :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to take away from Golrith's work one tiny bit, you should definitely play his pack. But when you're done with that pack and some time has passed and you get that "itch", GO BUY FACTORIO. That game is amazing.

But definitely play Golrith's first :p

I played the Factorio demo, and yeah, I was hooked from the very first second... so why don't I own the game? Well, everything was going swimmingly, I was as content as I ever am playing a video game... and then the game decided to send in the monsters. LOL Bad move, game developer. That's where you lost me. Instantly, the demo went from "OMG this game is a must-buy!" to "Yuck, where's the quit button?" I seriously didn't even finish the demo, I just deleted the game and that was that. Harsh, I know, but I'm a pacifist and I just don't want or need any violence in my video gaming. This game is plenty bad enough with having to craft weapons and fight fantasy monsters (but Minecraft has plenty of other elements to compensate for it)... most games have such a thing, quite honestly... it's pretty difficult to find good non-violent games, trust me on this (i just bought Opus Magnum on sale, that's one example of a good one). I thought Factorio was such a game!!! It was only in the middle of the demo when I was blind-sided by it, and I didn't have a good reaction. hahaha

Reactions: Golrith

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I played the Factorio demo, and yeah, I was hooked from the very first second... so why don't I own the game? Well, everything was going swimmingly, I was as content as I ever am playing a video game... and then the game decided to send in the monsters. LOL Bad move, game developer. That's where you lost me. Instantly, the demo went from "OMG this game is a must-buy!" to "Yuck, where's the quit button?" I seriously didn't even finish the demo, I just deleted the game and that was that. Harsh, I know, but I'm a pacifist and I just don't want or need any violence in my video gaming. This game is plenty bad enough with having to craft weapons and fight fantasy monsters... most games have such a thing, quite honestly... it's pretty difficult to find good non-violent games, trust me on this. I thought Factorio was such a game!!! It was only in the middle of the demo when I was blind-sided by it, and I didn't have a good reaction. hahaha

Totally understandable! I have good news, though, you can actually play in peaceful mode :)

Or, for me, I like just enough violence to want to build to protect myself, but not enough that they're ever in any actual danger of messing up my day. In the full game, there are a bunch of options to poke through and you can change a few things to adjust that difficulty without like, just having weak enemies. In the only map I ever played for any significant length of time, I have the world full of trees, and those trees undo so much pollution, the aliens haven't even smelled my pollution yet and I'm like 40 hours in.

I don't have a lot of experience with that game, just from circumstances puling me away and not getting bored enough to get back yet, but it already has a place in my heart 4 lyfe.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In my pack Manufactio, I'm balancing mobs vs "griefing". There's a lot more restrictions in place for preventing spawns (sleeping every night should result in a fairly peaceful experience), as a result, caves are mob holes, or yeah, play on peaceful.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Oh good, I forgot the part about DW20 - I came here to ask for help since I can't even get started in the modpack... but I guess I can just go find Dire's Let'sPlay series for it and that should at least allow me to get started.

I have no clue what I'm supposed to do after making the Tinker's tables and all my starting stone tools... the only other thing I could think of is to make a vanilla furnace and cook the wood into charcoal for torches. After that... absolutely zero ideas even after spending 15 mins searching thru JEI items for any clues. I'm totally lost. My puzzle solving skills really really suck obviously. LOL

Well, it turns out there's no youtubes from Dire20 yet... but I see System Collapse is already on the case, with his own Let'sPlay series. He's my go-to youtuber when I get into these binds, System Collapse is always ahead of the curve...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh good, I forgot the part about DW20 - I came here to ask for help since I can't even get started in the modpack... but I guess I can just go find Dire's Let'sPlay series for it and that should at least allow me to get started.

I have no clue what I'm supposed to do after making the Tinker's tables and all my starting stone tools... the only other thing I could think of is to make a vanilla furnace and cook the wood into charcoal for torches. After that... absolutely zero ideas even after spending 15 mins searching thru JEI items for any clues. I'm totally lost. My puzzle solving skills really really suck obviously. LOL

Well, it turns out there's no youtubes from Dire20 yet... but I see System Collapse is already on the case, with his own Let'sPlay series. He's my go-to youtuber when I get into these binds, System Collapse is always ahead of the curve...
If there's nothing obvious in JEI, then perhaps a hammer to smash cobble and/or wood?