Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

SomeRandomPetey

Are Celestial Gateways from Astral Sorcery player-specific? I'm playing on a server running DW20 1.12, and I'm wondering if I can set up gateways without others using them.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Started playing FTB Lite 3 (had to update a lot of Mods manually in order to not get crashes) and I notice that Fertile Soil keeps converting into sand after some time... Is this a bug or a feature? I presume its a feature but there is 0 info about it, and I dont know if there is any way to stop this from happening?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Started playing FTB Lite 3 (had to update a lot of Mods manually in order to not get crashes) and I notice that Fertile Soil keeps converting into sand after some time... Is this a bug or a feature? I presume its a feature but there is 0 info about it, and I dont know if there is any way to stop this from happening?
This is probably going to sound like a daft question, so bear with me: was this happening anywhere near a Forestry multiblock farm?

Reactions: Everlasting2

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
This is probably going to sound like a daft question, so bear with me: was this happening anywhere near a Forestry multiblock farm?

FTB Lite 3 does not have Forestry.

I am pretty sure the issue I have with fertile soil is just a block nerf (since Fertile soil grows things more quickly and does not need a water block) but they really did a crap job in regards to notifying it anywhere on gamepedias. I know I can right click it with cocoa beans for some reason, but there is 0 info on what that does...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

I am pretty sure the issue I have with fertile soil is just a block nerf (since Fertile soil grows things more quickly and does not need a water block) but they really did a crap job in regards to notifying it anywhere on gamepedias. I know I can right click it with cocoa beans for some reason, but there is 0 info on what that does...
u never mentioned which mod the fertile soil is from , so it was kinda a shot in the dark guessing for anyone that saw it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Ah OK, apologies. I know that for me when my forestry farm gets full and stops working, the fertile-looking soil on it turns to sand, so that was why it was my first thought. I hope you figure it out! It could indeed be a block nerf, though that would be an odd mechanic *shrugs*

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Ah OK, apologies. I know that for me when my forestry farm gets full and stops working, the fertile-looking soil on it turns to sand, so that was why it was my first thought. I hope you figure it out! It could indeed be a block nerf, though that would be an odd mechanic *shrugs*

This mod has a mechanic where you basically put cows in blender to extract "Liquid meat" and "Pink slime", where later you can put a pink slime in bucket and spill it so an abominable pink slime spawns... you then kill enough of those to make a slime block that you bake into crystal to be used in laser drill that drills dimension beyond bedrock, so you can extract minerals and ores from below...

Having a block expiration mechanics is not that odd in comparison .

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This mod has a mechanic where you basically put cows in blender to extract "Liquid meat" and "Pink slime", where later you can put a pink slime in bucket and spill it so an abominable pink slime spawns... you then kill enough of those to make a slime block that you bake into crystal to be used in laser drill that drills dimension beyond bedrock, so you can extract minerals and ores from below...

Having a block expiration mechanics is not that odd in comparison .
Oh, I'm very familiar with MFR :D And a good point, well made! I guess its much the same way as tilled soil turns to dirt when its not hydrated really.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Got my answer, WAWLA mod is in the modpack.

I'm playing the new v1.12.2 version of Lapito's Galacticraft, however there are no tooltips when looking at the various blocks in the world. Very annoying. Never realized how much I relied on those item descriptions. So I go and look for Waila mod only to discover the mod ended at Minecraft v1.7.10, and hasn't been updated since then? Ugh. Terrible news.

Q: Which mod can I install in a v1.12.2 modpack in order to give me Waila-style item descriptions/tooltips?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm playing the new v1.12.2 version of Lapito's Galacticraft, however there are no tooltips when looking at the various blocks in the world. Very annoying. Never realized how much I relied on those item descriptions. So I go and look for Waila mod only to discover the mod ended at Minecraft v1.7.10, and hasn't been updated since then? Ugh. Terrible news.

Q: Which mod can I install in a v1.12.2 modpack in order to give me Waila-style item descriptions/tooltips?
HWYLA is what you're looking for. TOP (The One Probe) is also popular.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hwyla

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-one-probe

edit: asb3pe, I'm not sure I'm really answering your question. Your first part said "blocks" but then you later said "items".

Reactions: LordPINE and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
HWYLA is what you're looking for. TOP (The One Probe) is also popular.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hwyla

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-one-probe

edit: asb3pe, I'm not sure I'm really answering your question. Your first part said "blocks" but then you later said "items".

I'm talking about that wonderful little block of text that (usually) is located at the top middle of the screen which always tells us what the item description is for each and every block we look at in the world.

And I just saw WAWLA mod is in the pack (it stands for "What Are We Looking At"), so I just have to figure out how to use it/turn it on.

EDIT: I just read the WAWLA curseforge page, and it's quite clear that "WAWLA requires Hwyla or Waila to work." So I do, in fact, need the HWYLA mod to make it all work properly, the modpack developer forgot to include HWYLA for us so I'll just add it myself. Thanks, Pyure, big help!

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. Pyure... not a question but you'll most likely be quite interested to hear a rumor I discovered the other day... Pixel, who is the developer of the Modern Skyblock 3 modpack, is currently making another skyblock pack called... Gregblock. Shhh, don't tell anyone! hahahaha I read a comment that talked about needing another couple of weeks before release, so maybe we don't have much longer to wait. He's got a discord sub-channel for the pack so it's pretty much confirmed. I know I'm excited, how about you? haha Not sure how skyblock will mesh with the Greg, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot and see what Pixel has done to make it interesting.

He also just did a Reddit AMA yesterday, he talks quite a bit about the Gregblock pack.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
P.S. Pyure... not a question but you'll most likely be quite interested to hear a rumor I discovered the other day... Pixel, who is the developer of the Modern Skyblock 3 modpack, is currently making another skyblock pack called... Gregblock. Shhh, don't tell anyone! hahahaha I read a comment that talked about needing another couple of weeks before release, so maybe we don't have much longer to wait. He's got a discord sub-channel for the pack so it's pretty much confirmed. I know I'm excited, how about you? haha Not sure how skyblock will mesh with the Greg, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot and see what Pixel has done to make it interesting.

He also just did a Reddit AMA yesterday, he talks quite a bit about the Gregblock pack.
I've heard of it :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's a question: can the stable unstable ingots you make using semi-stable nuggets (not the ones you make with the pseudo-inversion sigil) be used to make an Etheric Sword?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Should be possible, seeing as they are meant as a crafting replacement for the normal unstable ingots. Mobius ingots give another result though, being the Kikoku.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Should be possible, seeing as they are meant as a crafting replacement for the normal unstable ingots. Mobius ingots give another result though, being the Kikoku.
Indeed! I believe the etheric sword is needed for something Ichor-related in InfiTech2, and I was trying to think of a good alternative to the booming ingots.

It would be interesting to get a definite answer on this; its not something I can check for myself easily unfortunately, certainly not in a timely manner.

Last edited:
S

SomeRandomPetey

I've got a simple question, are Celestial Gateways (Astral Sorcery) player-specific?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just confirm for me here, I remember reading that Draconic Evolution Infusion Crafting wasn't working nice with TE power pipes, needed to use EnderIO....

Is that true? Or did I dream that? I'm trying to get started with fusion crafting in DW20 1.12.2 but the blocks are not getting power with TE pipes...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirm for me here, I remember reading that Draconic Evolution Infusion Crafting wasn't working nice with TE power pipes, needed to use EnderIO....

Is that true? Or did I dream that? I'm trying to get started with fusion crafting in DW20 1.12.2 but the blocks are not getting power with TE pipes...

Just checking - have you actually tried firing off a recipe? In the Pyramid Reborn pack, the crafters didn't suck up any power until the crafting process began. I was using TE conduits, btw.

Reactions: Everlasting2