Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Y

y6le

Try the item repairer from actually additions if you got that in the pack you're playing.
yeah we're playing ftb continuum so we could theoretically make an item repairer but we've got a bit of a deficit of diamonds right now so it's gonna have to wait, thanks tho!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is it possible to automate wither skeleton skull gathering in ftb continuum?
u have Industrial Foregoing(mob duplicator) , extra utilities(drop of evil/cursed earth and mechanical user),tinkers(cleaver) , rftools(spawner can make witherbosses without needing skulls to sustain the process, no entry explosion this way) ,magic bees (adds a species that makes an item that can be auto produced by a bee which is then crafted into wither skeleton skulls) there are probably ones i'm missing.
as i dont play the pack i dont really know how many of the items are disabled ( i also doubt they are that cruel that they would disable every method for auto witherskulls)

Reactions: y6le

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
Would Admin Please tell me acceptable image sizes and types for this forum? There is nothing in the rules about it. This is a fair question. Please answer.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My previous experience with slime chunks made me quite excited to find that I'd serendipitously placed my Botania setup in a Skyblock map right over a slime chunk. I figured a few Narslimmus + a few Mana Spreaders = mana goldmine. Carefully worked my way down to Y=38, and started a floor there, fencing off along the chunk borders. Placed my first Narslimmus so that its range was entirely within the chunk, and linked it to the spreader in the ceiling. Wandered off to get the materials together for a couple more (I was thinking four total, set three blocks in from the corners), expecting to see at least a little profit while I was away. So far, nothing. Any advice? The floor is made of Baobab planks, in case I've somehow stumbled on a weird form of spawn prevention.

EDIT: Never mind. In this, as many things, patience was needed.

Last edited:

onestepahead1011

Jul 29, 2019
All power storage methods have been disabled except for the RFTools powercells.
Thank you.

That's bummer when I was hoping to keep in line with the theme of IE. I realize it's a progression based pack, but they could have been left in... I'm thoroughly enjoying IE and plan to only make the other machines when required for the advancements, then throw them in a chest when I'm done with them.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The dog days of summer, a desert without an oasis... no new FTB releases, no pack updates at all... Has anyone discovered any new and exciting user-created modpacks while browsing thru the thousands of them on Twitch? I tried SevTech but just can't get into that one... but at least it's not the same old thing like FTB has pretty much become - same pack with just a different name on it. Where are the new and exciting packs at?

Reactions: Everlasting2

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The dog days of summer, a desert without an oasis... no new FTB releases, no pack updates at all... Has anyone discovered any new and exciting user-created modpacks while browsing thru the thousands of them on Twitch? I tried SevTech but just can't get into that one... but at least it's not the same old thing like FTB has pretty much become - same pack with just a different name on it. Where are the new and exciting packs at?
Recently caught a few streams from GenerikB of a pack called Exoria. Seen a bunch of unfamiliar mods in there (There's one with hostile robots!)

Reactions: asb3pe
B

BennyKake

How do i get power to Ex Compressum mod (Skyfactory3?
I know you can place the generator right next to the items that pulls power but how/which wire can i use? (in the picture not working, also tried wire in different positions)
Is my first time playing Minecraft in like 7 years so is extremely frustrating
Capture.PNG

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How do i get power to Ex Compressum mod (Skyfactory3?
I know you can place the generator right next to the items that pulls power but how/which wire can i use? (in the picture not working, also tried wire in different positions)
Is my first time playing Minecraft in like 7 years so is extremely frustrating
View attachment 36733
one of the few(ignoring eu) examples of incompatible machines (one is fe , one is rf. normally its not a problem but there are cases which it is ,more so cause its a 1.10 pack)
Try a generator/dynamo from a different mod would be my advice.

B

BennyKake

one of the few(ignoring eu) examples of incompatible machines (one is fe , one is rf. normally its not a problem but there are cases which it is ,more so cause its a 1.10 pack)
Try a generator/dynamo from a different mod would be my advice.
The thing is that the Sieve works if the generator is back to back with the Sieve, but cant find any wires can conduct power

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that the Sieve works if the generator is back to back with the Sieve, but cant find any wires can conduct power
I remember doing what you're trying (using those conduits from magma generators to sieves and crushers) but can't remember exactly how I had mine setup. I *think* I had the power coming out of the top of the generator like you, but going in to the bottom face of the sieve but can't be sure.

So, just to check everything - you said you've tried different positions but have you tried every face of the sieve and every face of the generator?

C

Citron

Does someone knows how to read NBT tags in 1.12 ?

Context:
How does it works : Astral Sorcery crystals grow in liquid starlight (size is a nbt tag). When a crystal is full sized, it can produce 2 small crystals when trying to grow it up again.

I'm using CC's Turtles to duplicate my crystals.
→ The Turtle place Liquid Starlight, throw the crystal in and wait until it absorb the Liquid
→ The Turtle suck twice to get one or two crystals in Slots 1 and 2
→ The Turtle put the Slot 2 in a chest
→ Loop

With this setup, the Turtle throw over and over again the same crystal, and sometimes get a second one.
Here I want to stop the process when the crystal is full sized (Size=900), but to detect this I need to read NBT tags and get the value.
Is there any way to do this ? I can't use an Exact Matching filter because the Crystal Cutting (another tag...) is random for each crystal.

EDIT : I read for the 15th time the Peripherals++ doc and I found this. I can get NBT from this, i'll check this asap

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Here are the ones that have caught my eye:

Danny's Real Tech
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/real-tech?gameCategorySlug=modpacks&projectID=257012

StoneBlock
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/stoneblock?gameCategorySlug=modpacks&projectID=290913

S.A.M.M. Steam and Multi-block Machines
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pr...es?gameCategorySlug=modpacks&projectID=291741

Reactions: asb3pe
L

LadyRage69

I’m not sure if this is a simple question, but I came across something odd in my single player world. There’s a chunk in my world where naturally spawned blocks (ie: dirt, water, trees, Stone, etc.) are disappearing. Particles seem to be swirling off of these blocks into a central point. A pig wandered through and was pulled up off the ground and was killed in this central spot. Any ideas as to what I’m dealing with and can I make it stop?