Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I have not, but they do sit empty even though the pipes are full of RF... I'll try that next time :)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
working on a modpack. What would be the best/simplest in-game chunk loading? Like, preferably a simple block I ca place and leave and not worry about it again.

I was trying to avoid using FTB utilities (and I always had trouble with that one anyway)

Chicken chunks? Is there something in one of the standard/usual mods?
edit: 1.12.2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
working on a modpack. What would be the best/simplest in-game chunk loading? Like, preferably a simple block I ca place and leave and not worry about it again.

I was trying to avoid using FTB utilities (and I always had trouble with that one anyway)

Chicken chunks? Is there something in one of the standard/usual mods?
edit: 1.12.2
I actually like the FTB one. Failing that I tend to use CC. You've already identified my two preferred options :p

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm just having some version issues with FTB (compatibility issues with Vivecraft). In the end, I'll probably find a way to squeeze it in in the end*

* No relation to the dimension :p

But I'll probably roll with CC just because I can't remember FTB ever working right in the nether. Though, I remember CC costing some items to run, but IIRC, it wasn't all that expensive.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
To extend on Drbretto question in regards to chunk loader, is there something that would mimic the player proximity? Specifically for needs of monster spawning from vanilla spawner blocks?

P

PANDAXPRESS101

For ftb utilities mod, can it be possible for op players to have a separate quantity of available chunks they can claim from non-op players? If yes, please give a detailed response on how to accomplish such a thing if you can. Thank you! :3

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have the yes part for you. But the detailed how-to is going to take some googling. You can edit it,but it's not in the configs. You have to edit a Json file, I believe.

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
On infinity evolved, are there any kind of night vision helmets?
I know I used to have some kind of power armour, but not sure if that was another mod pack.

X

Xcherry

I added agricraft to a modpack (ftb revelation 2.5.0 ; Minecraft v. 1.12.2) and wanted to do some crossbreading.
Started a 3x3 pattern like this:
..O
ONO
..O

O being the vanilla wheat seeds in a crop
N being a empty double crop

Everything is lightened up and irrigated

For some reason no crossbreaded seed is appearing. I tried to crossbread some other seeds, but it wont work.
I even enabled using bonemeal on the double crop block but the only that that grows is weed. I really tried this several times but no new seed is growing.
Any ideas why this is happening?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I added agricraft to a modpack (ftb revelation 2.5.0 ; Minecraft v. 1.12.2) and wanted to do some crossbreading.
..O
ONO
..O

For some reason no crossbreaded seed is appearing. I tried to crossbread some other seeds, but it wont work.
I even enabled using bonemeal on the double crop block but the only that that grows is weed. I really tried this several times but no new seed is growing.

Might try disabling weeds in the config file. Agricraft is very RNG-esus with the crossbreeding, and having weeds enabled adds to the 'challenge'. There's a tool you can craft to remove weeds (rake, I think?), but since it's a mod that you added, there's no sense in making things more difficult than they have to be.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
..O
ONO
..O

Just checking - is the original wheat fully grown?

L

LUX017

I NEED HELP. So i have a server between me and my friends. 1 day my cat jumped on my keyboard and now i have these texts on my left side of the screen. can someone help me how do i get rid of them?
43405813_1291693687655099_4351260513225670656_n.jpg

Attachments

• 43405813_1291693687655099_4351260513225670656_n.jpg
    43405813_1291693687655099_4351260513225670656_n.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 45

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I NEED HELP. So i have a server between me and my friends. 1 day my cat jumped on my keyboard and now i have these texts on my left side of the screen. can someone help me how do i get rid of them?View attachment 36841

I'd check your keybinds for something like HUD configuration. I think I recognize IC2 armor in that screen shot, so that would be my first port of call.

Reactions: SolManX