Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, where would one go to inform Direwolf20 that his configs for Astral Sorcery has been altered to not allow the spawning of the blue gems? Currently only way to get them is to get lucky at temples/shrines (they will almost always have some) or use the void miner from Environmental Tech....

I have changed the config back to it's default setting, but it's still set to 0 on a fresh download of the pack.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, where would one go to inform Direwolf20 that his configs for Astral Sorcery has been altered to not allow the spawning of the blue gems? Currently only way to get them is to get lucky at temples/shrines (they will almost always have some) or use the void miner from Environmental Tech....

I have changed the config back to it's default setting, but it's still set to 0 on a fresh download of the pack.

Here, perhaps?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, that's for FTB packs only

But never mind.. Pack just updated and it has been fixed.. loaded a new world and saw the Aquamarine almost right away!

So this is a different pack from the Direwolf20 1.12?

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the MFR Auto-Spawner can be toggled on and off? I need to make it spawn one entity at a time (a partially cured Zombie Villager) and then stop until I can determine if I even need it to make another one. Also so that I can remove the fully cured Villager safely.
Redstone is Ur god. As I remeber MFR has mob counter, place it near autospawner and setup it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So this is a different pack from the Direwolf20 1.12?

No, what I meant was FTB packs, made and curated by the FTB team.. The DW20 pack is made and curated by Direwolf20, but the FTB guys implement the updates/changes he requests.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
No, what I meant was FTB packs, made and curated by the FTB team.. The DW20 pack is made and curated by Direwolf20, but the FTB guys implement the updates/changes he requests.
no the DW20 pack is made and curated by th FTB team at the request of Direwolf20

J

jan0_0mar

im trying to make a skyfactory 3 server and i have a problem where my friend cannot connect i have port forwarded and everything and he still cant get in please help

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
im trying to make a skyfactory 3 server and i have a problem where my friend cannot connect i have port forwarded and everything and he still cant get in please help
Is there a local firewall on the machine running the server - if yes, also open for the port in that as well.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Just starting minecraft again after a few years off and remembered after about 10 minutes how little there is to do without a modpack running. Easy question, I'm now running the Windows 10 version of minecraft, is FTB compatible with that or do I need to get the old version?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just starting minecraft again after a few years off and remembered after about 10 minutes how little there is to do without a modpack running. Easy question, I'm now running the Windows 10 version of minecraft, is FTB compatible with that or do I need to get the old version?
Unfortunately the Bedrock Edition (aka the Windows 10 version) runs on a different code altogether, and is not compatible with FTB packs or related mods at all, as far as I am aware.

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
I just saw a solar eclipse happen on my Revelation 2.2.0 server. :eek: What caused that? Is it a mod, or a vanilla feature? And how often will it happen? Can I force it to happen (either as a player or admin)?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I just saw a solar eclipse happen on my Revelation 2.2.0 server. :eek: What caused that? Is it a mod, or a vanilla feature? And how often will it happen? Can I force it to happen (either as a player or admin)?
I strongly suspect that’s down to Astral Sorcery - that’s a sign that the Horologium constellation will be in the following night’s sky.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Righto, thanks, that can come straight back out then!

You can still run Java MC under windows 10, if you own or buy a Mojang license, complete with all the mudpack goodness.

Both the Java version and the "Bedrock" version, which is written in C++ and includes Win10 and all of what used to be MCPE (all smartphone/tablet and console versions) are slowly being "merged", feature-wise into functionally identical products that will one day be running the same mods written in C# if all goes as planned.

When that point is reached I'll be running "Bedrock" which even now outperforms the Java version as evinced by FPS and render distances, as it is compiled into native code (x86 or Arm or whatever CPU is running the system) instead of pseudo-code like Java, where the Java runtime still has to interpret the p-code into the actual native code.

Last edited:
Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, a couple of strange questions:

1) How does NEI get all of the recipe information? (Doesn't need to be too technical.)
2) If, for some reason, there is a single mod in a pack for which NEI can't display recipes (i.e., the method in question 1 didn't work), will NEI stop displaying all recipes, even the ones from vanilla?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
currently in age 3 of sevtech just wondering what my best choice of a tank that can be picked up to gather things like liquid starlight or lava?