Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Direct from the Twitch app...

I found the config further down, the blue gem is set to 0 for spawn rate... bumped that up back to the standard (quite handily stated in the config) and went exploring to find some!

Still... Strange that DW20 packs are known for no config shenanigans... but this... /shrug

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Direct from the Twitch app...

I found the config further down, the blue gem is set to 0 for spawn rate... bumped that up back to the standard (quite handily stated in the config) and went exploring to find some!

Still... Strange that DW20 packs are known for no config shenanigans... but this... /shrug
last i heard a certain version of astral sorcerery shipped with bad default configs.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Yeah, this was a problem with the pack. If you delete the configs and let them regen, they should be spawning again as they should, and as it was intended.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Come to think of it the stream I watch at night ran into that and asked DW about the issue when he was on FC2 recording one might. He mentioned the fix was in the works but I didn't pay much attention because as mentioned in my prior post those mods are still above my "play" grade :D

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hello I got a question about tree breeding in infinity evolved. I've been reading that you can get a cocobolo sapling by breeding dark oak and desert acacia but i've been cross pollinating them for 2-3 days now and haven't gotten a sapling. The TMI menu says it should be a 10% chance from dark oak and acacia but its felt lower than that, could it just be bad luck? I've cross bred other trees with the same chances in less time. I tried getting pure saplings just incase as I kept getting random saplings from crossing them with other trees before but I haven't gotten a cocobolo.

I'm trying to get a cocobolo tree to cross breed for a wenge sapling. I checked the wiki for wenge it says its made by crossing desert acacia and balsa but the ingame TMI menu says I need cocobolo and balsa. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if i'm just unlucky when trying to get a cocobolo sapling

IE does a lot of recipe 'tweaking'. Good news is that you can use the Gendustry Mutatron for trees as well as bees. You'll need to make a pollen collecting kit (if you haven't already), since the interface requires one sapling and one pollen, but that will spare you a lot of the RNG.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I was fiddling around with the latest FTB Continuum modpack, transferring the files from Twitch to MultiMC. I decided to try deleting all the ".json" files in the ".minecraft" folder to see if they were important or not. I was wondering if they were only used by Twitch for some purpose.

When I deleted them and then started up the modpack, I got a strange "Accept/Deny" screen, something called "MineTogether GDPR". Further researching it reveals its a mod in the pack from CreeperHost.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/creeperhost-minetogether

When I went to CreeperHost to read their terms and conditions, it turns out this MineTogether is collecting our data behind the scenes. I never accepted it before (because I would refuse it), and thus, my point in making this post is to let players know that there is a terms and conditions in at least the FTB Continuum modpack (and probably many more) that is sending personal data to CreeperHost without our knowledge.

Here is their privacy page where they list the data collected:
https://www.creeperhost.net/privacy

I dunno, this is probably no big deal, I'm sure EVERY website is collecting data on us for their use (and their profit)... but I still figured I should post about it and see what kind of responses I get, see who else can fill us in on what this is all about. Maybe it's nothing, but the fact I never agreed to the terms before means Twitch/FTB has set the modpack up so that we've already agreed to the terms somehow (because I never saw that "Accept/Decline" screen before until I deleted the .json files today).

Reactions: Everlasting2

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I was fiddling around with the latest FTB Continuum modpack, transferring the files from Twitch to MultiMC. I decided to try deleting all the ".json" files in the ".minecraft" folder to see if they were important or not. I was wondering if they were only used by Twitch for some purpose.

When I deleted them and then started up the modpack, I got a strange "Accept/Deny" screen, something called "MineTogether GDPR". Further researching it reveals its a mod in the pack from CreeperHost.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/creeperhost-minetogether

When I went to CreeperHost to read their terms and conditions, it turns out this MineTogether is collecting our data behind the scenes. I never accepted it before (because I would refuse it), and thus, my point in making this post is to let players know that there is a terms and conditions in at least the FTB Continuum modpack (and probably many more) that is sending personal data to CreeperHost without our knowledge.

Isn't the Creeperhost thing connected to the 'server' button (looks a little like a creeper? Here's a shot of the Beyond menu that shows it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't the Creeperhost thing connected to the 'server' button (looks a little like a creeper? Here's a shot of the Beyond menu that shows it.

In FTB Continuum, there's a Creeperhost Server button on the main menu, but when I click it I don't get asked whether I want to opt-in or opt-out of data collection. All it does is ask me what I want to call my new Creeperhost Server.

"Order CreeperHost Server
Step 1 of 5
General Server Info"

And then it asks for server name with a checkbox to agree to Mojang's EULA (whatever that means, why would Mojang now be involved in the transaction too?) Where's the CreeperHost EULA? No mention of that, although it may come on page 2 of 5 or later. I've never run my own server so I wouldn't know.

I'm sure that somewhere in the FTB dowload terms of service fine print, there's probably language that alerts us to the fact we are "opting in" to certain "features" such as Creeperhost data-collecting off of our computers each time we play the modpack...

...but it still seems kinda underhanded to me, kind of shady. Nothing in the Creeperhost privacy page really worries me, but still... my ultimate point is that I never KNOWINGLY ever accepted any terms of service agreement from CreeperHost and that's the underhanded/shady part of it all. They KNOW full well if they made us all "opt-in", few of us would... and there goes their revenue stream or whatever they're doing with our data.

In the corporate world, in my view, nobody is "innocent until proven guilty", but rather, it's the complete reverse - corporations with their grubby profit schemes are "guilty until proven innocent". If they don't like it, tough. Keep your paws off MY data, and keep your spy mods out of FTB's modpacks.

I declined the terms of server once I was able to discover that there is such a thing for CreeperHost in the modpack, but we'll see if the same thing happens with other modpacks when I install them.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I declined the terms of server once I was able to discover that there is such a thing for CreeperHost in the modpack, but we'll see if the same thing happens with other modpacks when I install them.

Well, if you haven't already, you might want to verify what you have in the 'snooper settings' for your regular Minecraft, under the 'Options' button.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you haven't already, you might want to verify what you have in the 'snooper settings' for your regular Minecraft, under the 'Options' button.

Thanks - I fired up the newest v1.13 and when I go into Snooper Settings, there's a button that is grayed out (I cannot press it) that says "Allow Snooper: OFF". The only other button is "Done" and I can press that one just fine.

So I guess my Snooper Settings are permanently off? But I'm not sure when I made that change, or why I can't reverse it and turn Snooper back on if I wanted to?

Basically, I'm wasting my time and my breath (so to speak) since I fully understand that ANYTIME we go online, SOMEONE is gonna snoop our private data, and claim they have full right to do so. LOL That's just how corporations work, they only have one motive, and that is PROFIT. Corporations don't know about ethics or morals, either. We depend on some faulty human working in the corporation for those qualities. Good luck with that. Small little Mojang, I trusted... big gigantic Microsoft I do not trust at all.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if the MFR Auto-Spawner can be toggled on and off? I need to make it spawn one entity at a time (a partially cured Zombie Villager) and then stop until I can determine if I even need it to make another one. Also so that I can remove the fully cured Villager safely.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there a way I can kill passive mobs in a game save via a command? /cofh killall only works on hostiles, and I have a rabbit spawning issue, like, a few thousand (and growing).

C

Citron

Does anyone know if the MFR Auto-Spawner can be toggled on and off? I need to make it spawn one entity at a time (a partially cured Zombie Villager) and then stop until I can determine if I even need it to make another one. Also so that I can remove the fully cured Villager safely.
Don't know, but you can manage the quantity of Mob Essence (it still uses this to spawn, am i right?) to limit the quantity of mob spawned

Is there a way I can kill passive mobs in a game save via a command? /cofh killall only works on hostiles, and I have a rabbit spawning issue, like, a few thousand (and growing).
/kill @e[type=Rabbit]
or in a radius
/kill @e[type=Rabbit,r=RADIUS]

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Don't know, but you can manage the quantity of Mob Essence (it still uses this to spawn, am i right?) to limit the quantity of mob spawned

/kill @e[type=Rabbit]
or in a radius
/kill @e[type=Rabbit,r=RADIUS]
Sweet, that killed them off, but left all the drops. Anyway I can clear all that rubbish away without waiting for it to despawn?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Sweet, that killed them off, but left all the drops. Anyway I can clear all that rubbish away without waiting for it to despawn?
for the record the cofh version of the kill command can be focused toward a keyword (it does all hostiles , if u dont give it a keyword)
/cofh killall sheep . would kill off all sheep loaded in memory and then it will tell u what it(the command) actually murdered
ive used this command to deal with a rampent spawning mechanic that was killing my fps (literally 0-3 fps, someone forgot to code an upper limit) it does not have to be the full name

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I would tend to use fire in this situation.

Kills the mobs and destroys the drops :D
Well, I was trying to use a grenade launcher with 1 FPS. After using commands to kill all entities (to play it safe), I think I had about 7000 rabbits in the loaded area. Luckily it's only a test world, so not a big deal, but a big bug for the modpack :D

Note to self, don't use mob stages to spawn passive mobs as alternatives to hostiles, they just keep spawning.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, I was trying to use a grenade launcher with 1 FPS. After using commands to kill all entities (to play it safe), I think I had about 7000 rabbits in the loaded area. Luckily it's only a test world, so not a big deal, but a big bug for the modpack :D

Note to self, don't use mob stages to spawn passive mobs as alternatives to hostiles, they just keep spawning.

Breeding like rabbits, you might say :)