Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

panzerhund

Hello all, hope this is the right place for this. Just had a simple question. My friends and I are trying to run a modded forge server just for us to mess around in. We have a whole bunch of mods, but don't use the whole FTB mod pack. We did, however, want to run FTB utilities as a simple server managing mod in the same sense as the outdated forge essentials. Unfortunately, the server doesn't start with just FTB utilities and its associated library.

So the question is: can I run FTB utilities and library without running all of FTB?

Thanks!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Does anything in the Revelation modpack have the functionality of Timber! or Treecapitator? Ironwood trees from rustic are kind of time consuming to chop down. xD
i could be remembering it wrong but doesn't silent gems have an enchant token called lumberjack

Hello, i have a Problem with FTB Continuum. I can't create muliblocks for immersive Engineering. The only ones are the press and the crusher, now i have build the Destilation Tower, the Fermenter and the pump jack. If i rightclick with the immersive Engineering hammer nothings happened. Please help me - FTB Continuum ist the best modpack i Play since i Play MC.
Thank you in advance
OrkTreiba
since u can make a pump jack, u can make probably make the projector that shows a ghostly image of all ie multiblocks and all Immersive Petroleum multiblocks, open the ie book to the multi block u wanna make then craft the ie book with the projector block. to be able to set a ghostly image of said multiblock in a certain pt

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So the question is: can I run FTB utilities and library without running all of FTB?Thanks!

Short answer is yes. You can use it in any mod pack. Just make sure to download it through the approved locations (twitch or FTB launchers and of course the curseforge project pages). Don't put the mod someplace else for other people to download. Make sure they download it only from the approved sites as well.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone know of a mod that adds a faster Hopper?

just about any self powered item-pipe will do,

unless you want item entity pickup however you can pull from hoppers using pipes and you don't have to rely on the 1 item per tick speed to get the items elsewhere.

O

Orktreiba

since u can make a pump jack, u can make probably make the projector that shows a ghostly image of all ie multiblocks and all Immersive Petroleum multiblocks, open the ie book to the multi block u wanna make then craft the ie book with the projector block. to be able to set a ghostly image of said multiblock in a certain pt

I have build the blocks with the projector block, the blocks are correct but not created in a multiblock.
But i have finished immersive Engineering quests so i would go to other mods.
Thank you
OrkTreiba

D

DantheManinaPan

Hi! Just got going on FTB Revelation - I've not really got much modded minecraft experience and don't really know what I want to do.

I've set myself up with food, thermal expansion ore doubling, and got top-notch (but not yet upgraded) tinkers gear, but now I'm not sure what I want to do next.
Anyone got any recommendations for mods to look into, and maybe a couple of bits and bobs that look really interesting that I just don't know about?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I have build the blocks with the projector block, the blocks are correct but not created in a multiblock.
But i have finished immersive Engineering quests so i would go to other mods.
Thank you
OrkTreiba
oh that type of issue , i had that issue last night with the arc furnace . i just needed to clear away the blocks on the perimeter of the multiblock (random blocks of stone in my case)

P

panzerhund

Hello all, I have one more question. I've managed to get FTB utilities and lib working on my server.

I've been reading what little documentation on the permission nodes and file structures I can find, but I'm still quite confused about the whole thing. Does anyone know where I can find a template of the configs to work off of, perhaps with basic ranks already formatted and such?

Thanks for any help in advance! Really awesome community you guys have here.

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
Still haven't found anything silent gems related, but I did find that Tinker's Construct will eventually let you build Lumberaxes, which do have the timber/treecapitator effect I want. Yay. :3 Is also a cool mod! I can't believe I never played around with it in previous modpacks when it was available! :eek:

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
O

Orktreiba

oh that type of issue , i had that issue last night with the arc furnace . i just needed to clear away the blocks on the perimeter of the multiblock (random blocks of stone in my case)

Thank you - this works, put away all blocks under the multiblock and then Minecraft creates the multiblock structure.
Thank you
OrkTreiba

Reactions: OniyaMCD
C

Citron

Hello there,
Is there a mod to allow baby zombie burning in the sunlight? Quark do it, but I don't want Quark in my pack :l

K

kaiguy9

Can Mana Spreaders have blocks in front of them to give mana to the Mana Pool or do they need to be clear?

L

Laura54789

hi, i'm currently using the direwolf20 pack, is there no barrel mod? cause i could really use some barrels tbh. maybe there's something else i could use that's in the pack? or is there a barrel mod i can add to it that works? so far i tried yabba but that crashes the game. any ideas?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
hi, i'm currently using the direwolf20 pack, is there no barrel mod? cause i could really use some barrels tbh. maybe there's something else i could use that's in the pack? or is there a barrel mod i can add to it that works? so far i tried yabba but that crashes the game. any ideas?
So, I believe Thermal Expansion has an item called the Cache, which can hold large amounts of a single item, and is upgraded via upgrade kits. Alternatively, Storage Drawers has numerous types of drawer, but normal Basic Drawer acts similarly to a barrel, and can be upgraded for both capacity and voiding excess.