Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

Laura54789

So, I believe Thermal Expansion has an item called the Cache, which can hold large amounts of a single item, and is upgraded via upgrade kits. Alternatively, Storage Drawers has numerous types of drawer, but normal Basic Drawer acts similarly to a barrel, and can be upgraded for both capacity and voiding excess.
oh that works i guess, didn't know about it. thanks

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I believe Thermal Expansion has an item called the Cache, which can hold large amounts of a single item, and is upgraded via upgrade kits. Alternatively, Storage Drawers has numerous types of drawer, but normal Basic Drawer acts similarly to a barrel, and can be upgraded for both capacity and voiding excess.

Also, Storage Drawer upgrades aren't required to be made in sequence. You can slap an Emerald Upgrade on a drawer without making the previous tiers. (And you can stack the upgrades.)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
hi, i'm currently using the direwolf20 pack, is there no barrel mod? cause i could really use some barrels tbh. maybe there's something else i could use that's in the pack? or is there a barrel mod i can add to it that works? so far i tried yabba but that crashes the game. any ideas?
and if storage drawers are not enough . there are blackhole storage units from industrial foregoing (something like 2billion storage of 1 item), there is also a fluid version of it.(apparently there is a blackhole controller which can hold other blackhole storage type blocks more compactly)

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
hi, i'm currently using the direwolf20 pack, is there no barrel mod? cause i could really use some barrels tbh. maybe there's something else i could use that's in the pack? or is there a barrel mod i can add to it that works? so far i tried yabba but that crashes the game. any ideas?
Or U can install any barrel mod U like...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Or U can install any barrel mod U like...
Well clearly that's not true as they tried one mod and it kept crashing their game. So any mod that works - which was part of their question. If you'd actually suggested one... do you have any useful suggestions?

U

Unleasher

Can I use optfine and shaders (Seus) with FTB Infinity Evolved? I heard it might break some stuff...

MC 1.7.10

Y

y6le

Hi me and my friends are playing ftb continuum, how can i obtain molten steel in order to use it in an efab crafting recipe? Trying to craft a machine frame, thanks in advance!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi me and my friends are playing ftb continuum, how can i obtain molten steel in order to use it in an efab crafting recipe? Trying to craft a machine frame, thanks in advance!
Question(s): have you made steel ingots in the blast furnace? If so, can you melt them in a TiCon smeltery? If both of those are the case, you should be able to faucet that into one of the tanks from EFab.

Reactions: y6le
Y

y6le

Question(s): have you made steel ingots in the blast furnace? If so, can you melt them in a TiCon smeltery? If both of those are the case, you should be able to faucet that into one of the tanks from EFab.

Yes and yes! Thank you for this, although i did end up figuring out you could faucet the molten metal straight into a tank (i didn't setup the smeltery so i didn't quite understand how it worked til now) i was putting it into a seared tank and then just bucketing it over into the efab tank >_>

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes and yes! Thank you for this, although i did end up figuring out you could faucet the molten metal straight into a tank (i didn't setup the smeltery so i didn't quite understand how it worked til now) i was putting it into a seared tank and then just bucketing it over into the efab tank >_>
Yeah the faucets are actually surprisingly flexible, and work with a lot more tanks than you’d think too! :) No worries, glad I could help.

Y

y6le

Back with another question! I'm trying to setup garden cloches growing melons feeding directly into an industrial fermenter via compacting drawers and transfer pipes, but I can't figure out how to set it so that the compacting drawers pipe the melon slices rather than the whole blocks. I guess my question is, is this possible? and if so what am i doing wrong?

edit: y'know what i figured it out, filters! thanks anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: ICountFrom0
P

PaperCreate

Hello I got a question about tree breeding in infinity evolved. I've been reading that you can get a cocobolo sapling by breeding dark oak and desert acacia but i've been cross pollinating them for 2-3 days now and haven't gotten a sapling. The TMI menu says it should be a 10% chance from dark oak and acacia but its felt lower than that, could it just be bad luck? I've cross bred other trees with the same chances in less time. I tried getting pure saplings just incase as I kept getting random saplings from crossing them with other trees before but I haven't gotten a cocobolo.

I'm trying to get a cocobolo tree to cross breed for a wenge sapling. I checked the wiki for wenge it says its made by crossing desert acacia and balsa but the ingame TMI menu says I need cocobolo and balsa. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if i'm just unlucky when trying to get a cocobolo sapling

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Back with another question! I'm trying to setup garden cloches growing melons feeding directly into an industrial fermenter via compacting drawers and transfer pipes, but I can't figure out how to set it so that the compacting drawers pipe the melon slices rather than the whole blocks. I guess my question is, is this possible? and if so what am i doing wrong?
install sub drawer, locked to melon slices, inbetween Ur pipes. So compacting drawer will export only slices, not blocks.

Reactions: y6le

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Can I use optfine and shaders (Seus) with FTB Infinity Evolved? I heard it might break some stuff...

MC 1.7.10

Yes, but then it becomes a question of whether or not it's worth it.

I can't give you a total how-to or anything, but I believe that all you need to do is disable fastcraft and optifine will run. Configuring and all that is all you, though.

Unless your PC is from space, I generally don't recommend shaders. Especially with heavily modded minecraft. It looks nice at first, but it will bog down your PC, some things won't display correctly and as soon as you've got anything complicated going on, your PC will be basically crippled. Generally speaking, I would only recommend real-time shaders when playing vanilla or a light pack.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
What bug was found in FTB Revelations with the Bag of Holding from ExU 2 that his recipe has been removed? I tried to loog through the changelog but either I am blind or there was nothing mentioned about this bug.
Would be nice what's going on with this item, because it is one of my fav items which I use at that point where it is useable.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I always thought that Direwolf20 packs left the configs alone for the mods so you got a good grasp on what the mod author intended.

Sadly, I've noticed that Astral Sorcery has been slightly gated behind the void ore miner from Environmental Tech... (you can find the blue crystals in world generated structures, but they no longer spawn as blocks in sand in rivers).

I've tried to look for where this change was made but can't find it in either AS or ET.... any suggestions?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Where did you notice the change? On a pack you downloaded and play locally? On Forgecraft 2 or some other stream where a third party might have made additional changes? I haven't played the pack to the point where I can experiment with either of the mods mentioned.

I'm not trying to be snarky but I have watched streams where changes have been made to packs but not mentioned.