Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
C

Cellular

Is Thermal expansion not being updated for 1.7.10? I can't get downloads for 1.7 that contain items like tar, crude oil, naphtha etc.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wow that's pretty terrible. I don't understand why people play in the jokes of versions 1.9 - x.x
1.10 onwards is actually quite good - I’m particularly keen on the changes for some of the 1.12 versions of mods. Plus it’s a bit rich to be complaining about features present in these so-called “jokes of versions” that aren’t in 1.7, isn’t it? I think for the most part TE is more interesting now than it’s been for a long time - bar a couple of absences.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Is Thermal expansion not being updated for 1.7.10? I can't get downloads for 1.7 that contain items like tar, crude oil, naphtha etc.

It is not just that TE for MC1.7 isn't being updated, but even if it was; TE for MC1.7 is version 4 and TE for MC1.10+ is version 5. It is actually an entirely different variant of TE. Similar to how Thaumcraft for MC1.7 is different than Thaumcraft for MC1.6 and MC 1.2 and so forth.

Even if TE v4 was still being updated, the features for v5 would still not be added, because that wouldn't be updating, that would be backporting.

M

McInnescraft

I have put to many white mystical pedals in a pedal apothecary and when i shift click it won't pull out.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here we go:

Does the FTB launcher still exist and host packs? I'm really confused with all the changes and how to go about uploading packs nowadays.
I've got an update to my pack which was put on the FTB launcher, but if that's basically obsolete, what's the best option nowadays and can anyone link instructions?

For anyone interested, it's a 1.7.10 pack, cannot currently upgrade to a newer version, as certain elements that make the pack unique do not exist yet in newer versions.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here we go:

Does the FTB launcher still exist and host packs? I'm really confused with all the changes and how to go about uploading packs nowadays.
I've got an update to my pack which was put on the FTB launcher, but if that's basically obsolete, what's the best option nowadays and can anyone link instructions?

For anyone interested, it's a 1.7.10 pack, cannot currently upgrade to a newer version, as certain elements that make the pack unique do not exist yet in newer versions.
I’ll point you in the direction of @LordPINE - he’s recently uploaded a 1.7.10 pack to Twitch, and other routes I believe - he may be able to help.

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The best option is probably the twitch app, and it's pretty easy to get a pack online with it. The FTB launcher, which still works, is basically obsolete, so I'd recommend not using it anymore. If you need help with getting it on Twitch, feel free to PM me on here, or on discord. I'll PM you my discord tag, I'd rather not post it in public.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Cellular

It is not just that TE for MC1.7 isn't being updated, but even if it was; TE for MC1.7 is version 4 and TE for MC1.10+ is version 5. It is actually an entirely different variant of TE. Similar to how Thaumcraft for MC1.7 is different than Thaumcraft for MC1.6 and MC 1.2 and so forth.

Even if TE v4 was still being updated, the features for v5 would still not be added, because that wouldn't be updating, that would be backporting.

Then it's simple. version 5 for 1.7 would be great.. hehe

R

Renstar

Hi new here.
Looking to play a nice lengthy play through
Previously played Direwolf 20 once before but don't remember it very well.

I'm just looking for a nice simple play through with these features
not too many mods. Definitely need power, flying, computers, automation and autocrafting. Thanks :)