Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
F

FunnyBunny

The skulls have to be on the same level as the bed so...

Bottom level:
C C C C
C D D C
C C C C

Top level:
- S S -
S B B S
- S S -

(C=anything, even air, D=Diamond block, S=Skull, B=Bed)

This was a bit further down in one of the comments/questions on the Curse page.
I did that previously too. I have no idea why it didn’t work in my old install. Even with my modified config (ancient, chisel style, cobblestone), I managed to go to the lost city dimension in a the fresh install. Thanks for the help anyway :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I did that previously too. I have no idea why it didn’t work in my old install. Even with my modified config (ancient, chisel style, cobblestone), I managed to go to the lost city dimension in a the fresh install. Thanks for the help anyway :)
One thing I didn't realise was that you don't get a corresponding bed portal for the way back, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to do so, apart from mining for diamonds and stuff and building a return portal bed thingy yourself!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Charged Porter? Draconic Dislocator?
Sorry, indeed there are alternate solutions, I more meant that I didn't realise you were supposed to rely on those! :) I'd assumed that, much like the Nether, Deep Dark, and Twilight Forest, your return route would be inherent. Unless there's something I've missed, like dying in there teleports you back a la the Witchery dimension, which I somehow doubt.

As I'm playing Horizons III, there's no RF Tools or Draconic Evolution, but there IS Waystones, and that will be my chosen method of travel :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, yes, everything else has an instruction manual warning you of such things, but you're right, not having one is a pain in the neck.

Last time I played with Waystones, just having the gem in your hand, let you teleport to the actual Waystones themselves, but I don't remember being able to jump dimensions with them.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ah, yes, everything else has an instruction manual warning you of such things, but you're right, not having one is a pain in the neck.

Last time I played with Waystones, just having the gem in your hand, let you teleport to the actual Waystones themselves, but I don't remember being able to jump dimensions with them.
You can also craft an actual Waystone too, using the gem, some obsidian and some stone bricks, so what I will do is just build one of those and place it down in the Lost Cities dimension. I've done the same with the End and it allows teleporting between there and the Overworld. Interesting fact: When placed down in the End (on the little obsidian platform you spawn in on), it seemed to gain a name automatically - "The Nocturne". Which I really liked!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
One thing I didn't realise was that you don't get a corresponding bed portal for the way back, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to do so, apart from mining for diamonds and stuff and building a return portal bed thingy yourself!

Might be something to notify the mod-maker about - but is it possible to carry the return-trappings with you? Or does it strip your inventory like the Spirit World?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
what are my hidden light options? I want an area illuminated so monsters don't spawn but I don't want glowstone or torches everywhere. Direwolf20 1.12 pack latest update. I considered the floodlight from immersive but wondering if there's a less intrusive option? NOTE: I would rather not go with something like RFtools peaceful thing because I do plan on having a spawn room.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
what are my hidden light options? I want an area illuminated so monsters don't spawn but I don't want glowstone or torches everywhere. Direwolf20 1.12 pack latest update. I considered the floodlight from immersive but wondering if there's a less intrusive option? NOTE: I would rather not go with something like RFtools peaceful thing because I do plan on having a spawn room.
I'm partial to using Chisel and Bits. You can hide glowstone bits, or even lava, inside of blocks to make them glow. You can configure the mod to allow light from a single bit, but usually it takes a full layer (16x16, or 256 worth) to emit light.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm partial to using Chisel and Bits. You can hide glowstone bits, or even lava, inside of blocks to make them glow. You can configure the mod to allow light from a single bit, but usually it takes a full layer (16x16, or 256 worth) to emit light.
i thought if you put those in and then covered them with a layer of something else it would negate the lighting effect

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Starting some avaritia stuff. I wanted to make a few stacks of the food before moving onto anything major (I made that beheading sword but that's frankly useless for my setup). But, while I've been able to capture the souls of the other livestock to make powered spawners to accumulate the required meat, I flew around for hours looking for a rabbit and when I finally found one, I clicked on it with the soul vial and it just asked me to name my new pet. Do rabbits not have souls?

Now, it could well be that it wasn't a "rabbit" so much as it was a "bunny" which might be something from one of my mob spawning mods? Or am I screwed here?

Also, looking at the stew option for Avarita in JEI and that recipe doesn't look plausible. It has a ton of ingredients only found in Pam's harvestcraft with what doesn't look like alternatives. Do I really need to have one of each of this unique things to make this stew?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Also, looking at the stew option for Avarita in JEI and that recipe doesn't look plausible. It has a ton of ingredients only found in Pam's harvestcraft with what doesn't look like alternatives. Do I really need to have one of each of this unique things to make this stew?
Yep, I'm afraid so. From what I've seen in mod packs that use Avaritia, the stew recipes are very much "one of everything", with almost no substitutions.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yep, I'm afraid so. From what I've seen in mod packs that use Avaritia, the stew recipes are very much "one of everything", with almost no substitutions.

OK, I can cross that one off the list forever then, lol.

I'm literally 2 pieces of rabbit meat away from the other one, though. But I need a steady supply.

F

FunnyBunny

Is there a quick way to locate all the in-game guides in NEI so I can start crafting them? It's a bit of a hassle trying to guess what they could be called, especially if I'm unfamiliar with the mod (the reason I'd want a guide in the first place).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

OMG, I just looked up the default recipes for both of these things, and I've totally screwed myself by having mods. The stew recipe normally calls for like 5 things. My version fills up every slot on the dire crafting table!

Bye Pam's Harvestcraft. I'm sure you're awesome or something, but I'm not sure I need ya.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
OMG, I just looked up the default recipes for both of these things, and I've totally screwed myself by having mods. The stew recipe normally calls for like 5 things. My version fills up every slot on the dire crafting table!

Bye Pam's Harvestcraft. I'm sure you're awesome or something, but I'm not sure I need ya.
u can tell avarita to not make the food complicated , in its config . Side effect each recipe of the stew only makes 1 and neither food needs neutriniumq , the defualt recipe it gave me after used the first row then 1 more slot (all vanilla plants )

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
u can tell avarita to not make the food complicated , in its config . Side effect each recipe of the stew only makes 1 and neither food needs neutriniumq , the defualt recipe it gave me after used the first row then 1 more slot (all vanilla plants )

I will look into this, thank you.

I'm all for Avarita being ridiculous, that's kind of the point, but that was a step too far. I don't mind having to farm million of ores. I just don't want to have to keep going around tracking down a stalk of celery or something.