Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
There aren't upgrades for servos. These are resonant tier and are set to move full stacks. Again, the problem isn't that can't can't pull fast enough it's that it keeps pulling the partial stack. That partial stack keeps getting partially filled from the incoming stuff.
Servos aren't really meant for that kinda thing, the main use of servos is automation. They don't do large quantities well. I would use extra utilities transfer nodes since they pull really really fast.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Servos aren't really meant for that kinda thing, the main use of servos is automation. They don't do large quantities well. I would use extra utilities transfer nodes since they pull really really fast.

Speed is not the issue :p

Now, those pipes may we'll have a better mechanic that renders this problem moot, but it's not because of speed.

The issue I'm having, I could increase the speed of that servo ten fold, the problem would be identical.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I always used Retrievers for this sort of thing. A single pipe on the inventory in question, then a whitelisted Retriever (cobblestone) on the compression system, with another, blacklisted Retriever (cobblestone) on the other storage. This allows one Retriever to pull all the half stacks of cobble it wants, while the other Retriever handles everything else (giving room to filter further by adding more specific Retrievers to the line later).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I always used Retrievers for this sort of thing. A single pipe on the inventory in question, then a whitelisted Retriever (cobblestone) on the compression system, with another, blacklisted Retriever (cobblestone) on the other storage. This allows one Retriever to pull all the half stacks of cobble it wants, while the other Retriever handles everything else (giving room to filter further by adding more specific Retrievers to the line later).

I actually did this, and at first, it totally worked! But after like 30 seconds, it's like the pipes backed up and sent everything back into the very containers I'm trying to drain. And I don't get it because I cannot find anything that would be pushing anything into them. I literally took off every servo on the system except the ones that pump from the SAG mills to the furnaces. The only reason I put the servos back on was to stop them from getting filled up from the pipe.

I must have something in there I'm missing. I wish I was at home now so I could take another look.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I blame my words, but I don't know how else to describe it. I might have to recipe that clip after all, lol

Okay - imagine that the chest is a single 'line'. On one hand, you have a robot that is told 'put your stuff in the first slot you can'. On the other hand, you have a robot that is told 'take the first stack in line'. If it's the same 'stuff' in every slot, there's not going to be a problem (other than potentially filling up the slot with all of the same thing), but as soon as you have something else come in, it goes into the second slot. Unless your second robot is fast enough to make at least two 'pulls' for every time the first robot 'places', it's just going to keep taking the 'first stack in line'. If it can make that second 'pull', then it would take the second stack in line.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make Forestry Bees show up in JEI when you've got Binnie's Mods installed? It's a custom modpack (I suppose I could call it ALL TEH BEES!!!!1! considering I have Forestry, Extra Bees, More Bees, and Career Bees (1.12) installed. Apparently there are ~412 bee species in the thing [two separate Rock Hives]) that I compiled myself. I didn't see a config option to turn on/off hiding the bees in JEI. They were all visible before I installed Binnie's Mods, and dissapeared when I put it in.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think Binnie's does that for some reason. Did you check the config files? And also check JEI's Item Hiding mode which will show them all up and their status, just in case Binnie's got it set up to automatically hide the various bee's.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Okay - imagine that the chest is a single 'line'. On one hand, you have a robot that is told 'put your stuff in the first slot you can'. On the other hand, you have a robot that is told 'take the first stack in line'. If it's the same 'stuff' in every slot, there's not going to be a problem (other than potentially filling up the slot with all of the same thing), but as soon as you have something else come in, it goes into the second slot. Unless your second robot is fast enough to make at least two 'pulls' for every time the first robot 'places', it's just going to keep taking the 'first stack in line'. If it can make that second 'pull', then it would take the second stack in line.

Yes, that's an accurate description of the issue! Except the speed you'd have to get to do two pulls in the time it takes for a builder quarry to toss in one item at Max speed, the very concept of pulling a stack at a time would be irrelevant. It would need to he the equivalent of pulling two full stacks per item mined. Speed still isn't really the solution. Well, I suppose speed would give it a better chance of catching up when it gets a rare chance.

But, that same scenario, only this time, the robot pulls stacks from the last slot, suddenly you'd never need more than 5 or 6 slots. It would outpace the incoming blocks by pulling at least once every 64 blocks mined. Huge difference. And that's essentially the point of having a stack upgrade exist in the first place.

I'm sure much faster pipes are out there that might do the trick, but I'm trying not to have to disassemble my whole system if possible.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Translocators into compacting drawers. No wait time to craft the next level and then the highest level gets dumped into the next drawer. I gaurantee you'll never keep up with the translocators.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Translocators into compacting drawers. No wait time to craft the next level and then the highest level gets dumped into the next drawer. I gaurantee you'll never keep up with the translocators.

Those did look interesting, and I might give them a shot if the simpler ideas don't work. I'm looking at it all now.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is is smart to make the large chance cube (3x3x3 version using the regular cubes)? Is it really 27 times more excitement and enjoyment than opening the cubes one-by-one?

I've collected exactly 150 of the cubs in my Sky Factory 3 world, so... I guess I'm about to find out! LOL But have no fear... Aroma backup for the win. haha

Well that was interesting. haha There's basically no comparison between the regular single cubes and the Large Cube, so I'd say you definitely get more bang for the buck (for the dice) by making Large Cubes... just have that backup handy at all times. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos
B

BootBoot

Hello! I'm looking for a mod pack to get back into minecraft, last one I played was FTB infinity 1.7. I'd like something that would last awhile progression-wise with some tougher mobs. Was looking at Revelations, Horizons 3 and Enigmatica 2, but if there's another pack that better fits I'd love to know! Thanks!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Age of Engineering is incredibly well put together, has a nice progression and will lead you through a LOT of mods. You might be surprised by the recipes when you go back to 'normal' minecraft, but it's still fun. The only downside is not containing any magic.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Age of Engineering is incredibly well put together, has a nice progression and will lead you through a LOT of mods. You might be surprised by the recipes when you go back to 'normal' minecraft, but it's still fun. The only downside is not containing any magic.
I second kingtriaxx on this one. The way it challenges you just enough to try out mods you may have otherwise overlooked is really quite clever. Most fun I've had in ages!

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will also say, if you like a skyblock questy pack and want to try one for 1.10, Project Ozone Lite appears to actually be quite neat, and a nice dropping in point.

F

FunnyBunny

How do I build the portal to the lost cities dimension in Revelation? I tried what their curse page said (bed on two diamond blocks + 6 skulls surrounding the bed), but it doesn't work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How do I build the portal to the lost cities dimension in Revelation? I tried what their curse page said (bed on two diamond blocks + 6 skulls surrounding the bed), but it doesn't work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The skulls have to be on the same level as the bed so...

Bottom level:
C C C C
C D D C
C C C C

Top level:
- S S -
S B B S
- S S -

(C=anything, even air, D=Diamond block, S=Skull, B=Bed)

This was a bit further down in one of the comments/questions on the Curse page.