Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I will look into this, thank you.

I'm all for Avarita being ridiculous, that's kind of the point, but that was a step too far. I don't mind having to farm million of ores. I just don't want to have to keep going around tracking down a stalk of celery or something.
You've got EnderIO? Use a soul vial on a rabbit, and make a spawner. Piece of cake.
bretto tried that and then commented "Do rabbits not have souls?"
as for a permanent solution try the rftools spawner system , u just need a syringe filled of its essence(dna) poking something with a syringe is how u fill it with that creatures essence (poking counts as a punch for dmg's sake , so try being under the debuff weakness to prevent the subject from taking dmg). after u have the prepared syringe u just need some common materials to fuel the spawner

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I figured out the problem. It's Mo Creatures again. I'm keeping it for now, still, but it's not making the next pack.

What I found was a bunny, not a rabbit. And, like the bat and the squid, real rabbits are likely to be stupid rare. They will exist, but they will be exceedingly rare. I've run into a single bat in this playthrough, for example, and I spend 75%of my time in a spacious underground cave at bedrock level. Like 8000 Minecraft days by now at least. I'll have to check tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm too anti cheat to just spawn one. My choices are to keep flying around until I find one, remove the mod, or get creative. I don't want to remove the mod. That's the nuclear option. So, I'd love to get creative. I can tweak the modpack and any config files as long as I can sell it to myself that it's for the good of the pack.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I figured out the problem. It's Mo Creatures again. I'm keeping it for now
i'm curious about why the resistance on removing it compared to the pams example earlier on . Isn't messing up access of vanilla creatures/things (for modded uses) far more of an issue then a lot of food added to a single endgame recipe
(yes i do agree the section to disable avarita's "compatibility with" adding certain items to recipes if x mod is present should explicitly let u tell avarita to ignore pams/certain other mods being around for food/misc reasons)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I will look into this, thank you.

I'm all for Avarita being ridiculous, that's kind of the point, but that was a step too far. I don't mind having to farm million of ores. I just don't want to have to keep going around tracking down a stalk of celery or something.
Agreed, in my Project Ozone 2 gameplay, I just spawned in the Stews. There's nothing fun about that recipe. Everything else is fine.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
i'm curious about why the resistance on removing it compared to the pams example earlier on . Isn't messing up access of vanilla creatures/things (for modded uses) far more of an issue then a lot of food added to a single endgame recipe
(yes i do agree the section to disable avarita's "compatibility with" adding certain items to recipes if x mod is present should explicitly let u tell avarita to ignore pams/certain other mods being around for food/misc reasons)

I might actually remove it. I'm just torn. The resistance mostly is coming from the other players on my server, but ultimately it's my decision. There are things I like about it. I like seeing the varied wildlife out there. Even just the things like birds and dragonflies and whatnot.

But, I think instead of thinking about it in terms of the next modpack, I might go in and get rid of all the stuff that hasn't been working on this one and keep playing the same world. If that's the route I go, I might just disable it and move on.

Find a desert. They're impossible to avoid there, and I don't think even Mo' Creatures can outspawn them there.

OK, I'll look there primarily. I wasn't really sure if there are any specific biomes to look for. JEI says any, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Agreed, in my Project Ozone 2 gameplay, I just spawned in the Stews. There's nothing fun about that recipe. Everything else is fine.

Yup, absolutely no regrets about changing that setting. I was just hoping it'd kill the need for the rabbit meat, but that recipe didn't change. The crazy recipe version of the stew was just ridiculous. The vanilla version is enough.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Question about mana beans. I'm one bean away from being able to get a complete set (Aer - got a Pech I named Willow that's given me the other primals and a fair number of compounds). Before I waste a bunch of time, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are beans corresponding to the aspects added by other mods (notably, Forbidden Magic and Magic Bees).
Aer - have to trade for
Gelum, Victus, Potentia, Mortuus, Tenebrae, Iter, Fames, Machina - can breed
Luxuria, Infernus, Superbia, Gula, Invidia, Dissidia, Ira, Tempus - unsure

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I beleive they can exist, but it's been a while since i've played with mana beans. might be an idea to try breeding a ignis and precanteo bean. If it makes an infernus, then the answer is they all exist, otherwise you don't need to bother.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I beleive they can exist, but it's been a while since i've played with mana beans. might be an idea to try breeding a ignis and precanteo bean. If it makes an infernus, then the answer is they all exist, otherwise you don't need to bother.

Probably the best plan (unless Willow hands one over in the next couple days - still going for that Aer). I might try for Dissidia or Superbia simply because I'm not 100% sure that Infernus and Ira are 'extras', and I have the 'parent beans' for those two as well. (I went into this for a convenient source of Auram and Vitium, then my collector's nature took over. :D)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can't you confirm the beans exist in NEI/JEI?

Even if it still does that thing where there's a single template bean that spawns a random-bean, you could just spawn a few dozen of those and see if any of the special aspects show up.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Can't you confirm the beans exist in NEI/JEI?

Even if it still does that thing where there's a single template bean that spawns a random-bean, you could just spawn a few dozen of those and see if any of the special aspects show up.

NEI just shows a single bean rotating through various colors. Hovering on that doesn't indicate aspect. Honestly more inclined to try breeding a 'Forbidden Bean' than booting up a creative world just to identify if one exists.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
NEI just shows a single bean rotating through various colors. H
Yeah that's the random-bean thing I'm talking about. I figured spawning a bunch of these would be quicker/simpler than going through actual breeding processes, but to each their own. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You could try experimenting with using F3+H to get the format of the extended data on the existing beans, and then using /give with the extended format in the blank spaces in a chart.... and then hand it over to a wiki person to make sure the answer is there for the next person?

Actually tried that just now. (I like making charts. Charts are fun.) Every single bean in my chest has the exact same extended data of #4496/0.

EDIT: So - how do I get the +H thing to turn off? I'd assumed it would work like every other F-key and reset when I started up again.

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Can anyone give me a list of mods that provide means to save block structures and export them into a file? I want to compare them.

mjevans

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a progression based pack for 1.12+ that has the same spirit as 1.7 Expert Mode? I kind of expect FTB Revelation to be such a pack, but I haven't seen a good description of it aside from "it has these mods" and little else.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Is there a progression based pack for 1.12+ that has the same spirit as 1.7 Expert Mode? I kind of expect FTB Revelation to be such a pack, but I haven't seen a good description of it aside from "it has these mods" and little else.
Revelation won’t be what you’re after. There’s a reason the description is so sparse. What you’re waiting for is an expert mode for Continuum. Continuum is currently being worked on, the expert mode may follow after its release, it may not.