Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not to further derail things, but I found this:
Various_granites.jpg

I live surrounded by the center variety, which is closer to the texture of Diorite. Due to the different minerals available during creation, the composition and color can range pretty far. Somebody get Chisel to give me options. I demand this!

Edit: @Hambeau the very idea of premixed striped paint made me smile for nearly twenty minutes now. We'll played.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I lived for about a year in Penryn, Calif. (20 mi. from Sacramento) about a 5 minute walk from the Griffith Quarry... Most of the White Granite for the government buildings in San Francisco and later Sacramento were taken and polished here in the second half of the 1800s.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I lived for about a year in Penryn, Calif. (20 mi. from Sacramento) about a 5 minute walk from the Griffith Quarry... Most of the White Granite for the government buildings in San Francisco and later Sacramento were taken and polished here in the second half of the 1800s.
I ended up doing a double take then. I didn't realise there was another Penryn apart from the one in Cornwall, England! Which is interesting because there's a lot of granite in Cornwall as well (which is why its so big for china clay).

Reactions: ICountFrom0
S

ScikoticButcher

Probably a VERY easy question, but it eludes me. What font is used for the Revelation mod pack on the title screen? I can't seem to find a font I like to go with it for my video titles.
Thanks in advance.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I ended up doing a double take then. I didn't realise there was another Penryn apart from the one in Cornwall, England! Which is interesting because there's a lot of granite in Cornwall as well (which is why its so big for china clay).

A bit off-topic, with apologies to the readers, but is Cornwall anywhere near Wales? The founder of the quarry in California was a Welsh immigrant...

Reactions: ICountFrom0

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A bit off-topic, with apologies to the readers, but is Cornwall anywhere near Wales? The founder of the quarry in California was a Welsh immigrant...
Yes indeed, apologies for going off-topic! In answer to your question: sort of! Interestingly the Welsh and Cornish languages share a common root. But that's a digression; Cornwall is part of England, although it has a dialect (almost extinct) and natives have a strong sense of identity. There is actually a Cornish flag, and it has a patron saint (St. Piran) as well. As a comparison:

80033c8f69b457f2f912f9f733f5794f--england-map-st-ives.jpg

The green and white bit with the dragon is Wales, the black bit with the white cross is Cornwall.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This all leads to a pair of questions...
1). Is there granite quarried in Sweden?
2). Does it look like dirt?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Probably a VERY easy question, but it eludes me. What font is used for the Revelation mod pack on the title screen? I can't seem to find a font I like to go with it for my video titles.
Thanks in advance.

I used FontSquirrel, which has a neat image analysis widget, and came up with 'Galdino Otten', which seems to have a number of free varieties on Fontzillion.

Themoon

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is this?
This crafting window on the left side in the inventory screen.
I am using Direwolf20 1.12.2.
mineC..PNG

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, I have a handful of immersive engineering lightning rods and they're getting struck faster than they can discharge the power. Anyone know of something that will pull the power out besides HV connectors? Something faster than 4k per tick.

I tried DE crystals, but I couldn't get them to work. . Or I did it wrong, I'm pretty sure "input' and 'output' are backwards or something.

Any ideas of things to try?