Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the range, energy usage, and catalyst consumption rate of a forester? The wikis are strangely vague on this one.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Name the program "startup"
Basically when you write it, put "edit startup" into the console.
Or edit startup and put this line:
shell.run("program name")

I prefer this option, so later you can re-purpose a turtle by editing one line.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
i know, i did edit startup, but how do you actually run the program?
I'd suggest putting your while loop within the program you're running and just make startup shell.run("program").
For instance, I have a small program that auto-attacks for my mob grinder and I edit startup to say shell.run("grinder").

Kimberly

Jul 29, 2019
Do transformers make you waste EU?

For example, say I have an MV transformer hooked up to an LV transformer hooked up to an electric furnace. The LV transformer will produce 128 eu/t, in packets of 32 eu, right? But can the electric furnace store all of that energy? What if I slap a Batbox in between, would I still lose energy when the Batbox was full?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Do transformers make you waste EU?

For example, say I have an MV transformer hooked up to an LV transformer hooked up to an electric furnace. The LV transformer will produce 128 eu/t, in packets of 32 eu, right? But can the electric furnace store all of that energy? What if I slap a Batbox in between, would I still lose energy when the Batbox was full?
No. For situations like these you need not worry about energy loss (other than standard loss over long stretches of cable).

Kimberly

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I have another question, though:

What gate setting should I use so a generator outputs a pipewire signal when it can accept more fuel (in this case, charcoal)? I tried "space in inventory", but that one stops outputting a pipewire signal as soon as a single piece of charcoal is in the slot. I've also tried "no fuel", but that one always sends out a signal, even with a full stack of 64 charcoal.

Edit: Actually, the same applies to my furnace. It stops sending a signal as well, once a single log is present.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I have another question, though:

What gate setting should I use so a generator outputs a pipewire signal when it can accept more fuel (in this case, charcoal)? I tried "space in inventory", but that one stops outputting a pipewire signal as soon as a single piece of charcoal is in the slot. I've also tried "no fuel", but that one always sends out a signal, even with a full stack of 64 charcoal.

Edit: Actually, the same applies to my furnace. It stops sending a signal as well, once a single log is present.

You want the 'capacitor can store energy' setting. That's what I use on my IC generators. As soon as the red bar in the gennies drops a bit it emits a red pipe wire signal down to my REC which is attached to a wood pipe underneath my wood plank barrel. The REC is set to only operate at 3 MJ/t when it receives a high redstone signal and so when it receives a signal from the generator it powers the wood pipe and sends out wood planks round a pipe loop which go in the gennies and charge up the internal capacitor. Once the capacitor is full the system shuts off til next time.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I need help with The 'PowerSuits' Mod,
My Scroll On my middle mouse button does not work so when I try to
Shift + Scroll To enable Plasma Cannon It wont let me because it does not work.
Any solution?

Thanks
Hi,

sorry, no dice. By the time FTB updates to 1.5 I should have an option for it.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
For no apparent reason, I want to fill up my inventory with nothing but an Electric Jetpack and many, many stacks of Snowballs, spawn a few dozen Withers, and fight them while Heart of Courage plays in the background.

On one hand, this is clearly suicide. Though, after one's bested Demise, Raem, Ganondorf half a dozen times, and Edgar George Zomboss, one is clearly used to difficult battles. Do I need professional help?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
For no apparent reason, I want to fill up my inventory with nothing but an Electric Jetpack and many, many stacks of Snowballs, spawn a few dozen Withers, and fight them while Heart of Courage plays in the background.

On one hand, this is clearly suicide. Though, after one's bested Demise, Raem, Ganondorf half a dozen times, and Edgar George Zomboss, one is clearly used to difficult battles. Do I need professional help?
Use OP armor (quantum or such), and an enderpouch to feed you snowballs, and have an epic endless battle. +1 for punching a Wither to death. Do it at bedrock (not flat bedrock) and lose the jetpack. :cool:

SammyMan09

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, ok well thanks anyway! :)
Private packs are not yet avable and are still being ironed out just how you will make one.

If your just talking about adding stuff for your own personal use you can select your base pack of choice and use edit pack to add mods to it.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
What fuels can you make with sugarcane, besides biomass/biofuel and directly burning it?

(I'm building a huge xycraft-accelerated sugarcane farm, managed by golems, and still researching what to do with it all.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I see MachineMuse's icon and think to myself. You know what would be cool? if the power suit had an option to just hide the helment and awesome wings like that.

Yeah wings are probly to much but toggling visable helment would be cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1364755427][/DOUBLEPOST]
What fuels can you make with sugarcane, besides biomass/biofuel and directly burning it?

Thats about it. Unless you count Rum as fuel.

Or you can make lava indirectly by useing the biomass to make MJ then lava.

im not in front of my home PC but I think you can spin off sugar or plant balls for methane but im not really sure about that as I can not check that right now.

Reactions: Moezso