Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I'm powering the mining wells with an energy tesseract and redstone energy conduits.
---
There is a problem with my setup, however. One of the mining wells seems to end up being collected by the loot-collection router (not supposed to grab MWs!) and being placed in the loot chest. This leaves one deployer empty.

Here is an album with my setup and the problem more clearly shown: http://imgur.com/a/lQgaf
I think you may need to delay the turning on of the loot collection router. Have you moved that thing yet?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to turn seed oil into EU? Preferably, without an igneous extruder/geothermal generator set-up.

The "only" way without the magma crucible brdige is using GregTech's semifluid generator, which can directly burn seed oil for EU.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that, but had to mine to find rocky bees! I suppose the villagers could solve that though, or you could get lucky and find an exposed one in a ravine or a cave. It is a fun idea though, bees are awesome, and the number of things they can provide you is vast.

P.S. There is one hitch. You have to have the stuff to make and power a centrifuge to get anything from bees, and lots of the output needs secondary machines as well. So some mining is probably required.

Edit: Just read the map post, didn't realize the villagers would have all that. Nice idea. Now for the next level, make a void-world floating island map, people can't cheat and mine if there's nothing to mine.

That's because those aren't the droids you're looking for. ;)
th

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know the key to turn on chunk boundaries in Rei's Minimap? Direwolf20 did it in his recent video where he finished the Frame Mining Drill Machine, it actually showed the chunk boundaries as lines in the world, a bit like the Chunkloader laser lines but thin lines. He never said what the key is and I can't find it anywhere.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version of the DW20 pack uses VoxelMap. Rei's does not support that feature.

The key's F9 by the way.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
How to launch a program on startup for computercraft? while true do shell.run(***) broke the computer.
I know very little LUA, but did you close off your while-statement with 'end'?

Barring that issue, I think you can also restart the computer with ctrl-R. Hopefully I'm remembering that correctly.

SammyMan09

Jul 29, 2019
How do I put my own modpacks on FTB? Or is that like a invite-only type thing? And yes, I asked this already on page 81, but noone answered me.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How do I put my own modpacks on FTB? Or is that like a invite-only type thing? And yes, I asked this already on page 81, but noone answered me.

Private packs are not yet avable and are still being ironed out just how you will make one.

If your just talking about adding stuff for your own personal use you can select your base pack of choice and use edit pack to add mods to it.

Thievingnoob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I need help with The 'PowerSuits' Mod,
My Scroll On my middle mouse button does not work so when I try to
Shift + Scroll To enable Plasma Cannon It wont let me because it does not work.
Any solution?

Thanks

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most profitable crop to grow? I've just discovered that you can cross breed crops in FTB, and it crosses me as kind of a powerful feature. I haven't seen anyone mention it. Would crossbreeding be a good thing to get into?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I need help with The 'PowerSuits' Mod,
My Scroll On my middle mouse button does not work so when I try to
Shift + Scroll To enable Plasma Cannon It wont let me because it does not work.
Any solution?

Thanks
If you go into your options, try binding the control you need to another key. Make sure it doesn't conflict with other keys as well. Since it's a scroll, this may or may not work.