Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been toying around with MFR and it's treefarms, the minecraft forums OP said you could craft upgrades, using 3 lapis (or silver, gold, diamond, or other ingredient) on top of 3 raw plastic, and below this two redstone with 1 gold nugget in the middle.

I tried crafting this and it didn't work! Could anyone please tell me the recipes for the upgrades and where I put them into the machines?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get crushed ice so i can use it in the acclimatiser?

I belive you have to use the rock crusher.

EDIT; Nope wrong that just turns ice into snow.

I have no idea as I never tried to make one. But NEI says put snow ball and ice shard in the liquid transposer. Not sure how to get an ice shard though NEI is hiding that from me.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been toying around with MFR and it's treefarms, the minecraft forums OP said you could craft upgrades, using 3 lapis (or silver, gold, diamond, or other ingredient) on top of 3 raw plastic, and below this two redstone with 1 gold nugget in the middle.

I tried crafting this and it didn't work! Could anyone please tell me the recipes for the upgrades and where I put them into the machines?
Which version of MFR do you currently use? Upgrades were added in 2.3, Ultimate uses 2.2 (if I'm not mistaken).

Reactions: jumpfight5

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Based on Slow's livestream the other day the FTB packs aren't going to be updated again for 1.4.7 either so you're going to be stuck on older versions of mods until the 1.5.X update.

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
I belive you have to use the rock crusher.

EDIT; Nope wrong that just turns ice into snow.

I have no idea as I never tried to make one. But NEI says put snow ball and ice shard in the liquid transposer. Not sure how to get an ice shard though NEI is hiding that from me.
yeah, thanks:) i got stuck at the same place:p

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site

You need the latest version of MFR. Just update the mod manually in your launcher.

Reactions: jumpfight5

Deniz Kurdak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new to FTB and really new to the Ultimate Pack. After a couple of days of mining and preparation I realized that you can't use pulverized iron and ferrous to craft Invar Blend. I only can use the dusts which require a macerator and since the recipe of the macerator seems to be much complicated them before I decided to search for an alternative way, or just some information on this little change.
Thanks in advance

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
This change is a side-effect of GregTech's unification feature that tries - and mostly succeeds - in getting all varieties of modded machines to output the same version of a material. That the recipe overrides aren't working with Thermal Expansion machines is actually an oversight in FTB's config files which you just made me realise. :D

The workaround in the meantime is to use a Forge Lexicon to convert one version of a material into another version.

Endyl192

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new to FTB and really new to the Ultimate Pack. After a couple of days of mining and preparation I realized that you can't use pulverized iron and ferrous to craft Invar Blend. I only can use the dusts which require a macerator and since the recipe of the macerator seems to be much complicated them before I decided to search for an alternative way, or just some information on this little change.
Thanks in advance

Smelt together two iron and a ferrous/nickel ingot in an induction smelter.

Reactions: Velotican

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
i
Thanks in advance

Don't know about the Induction Smelter, but GregTech adds an Alloy Furnace for Invar, Bronze and some other thing.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
yes, the induction smelter works for a few things like Electrum and Bronze. It's useful if you don't want to turn your stuff into dust and back into ingots. And it's really fast.

Deniz Kurdak

Jul 29, 2019
Smelt together two iron and a ferrous/nickel ingot in an induction smelter.
I now that but the solution lead me back to the forst problem since the induction smelter's recipe includes invar in it.[DOUBLEPOST=1364880090][/DOUBLEPOST]
This change is a side-effect of GregTech's unification feature that tries - and mostly succeeds - in getting all varieties of modded machines to output the same version of a material. That the recipe overrides aren't working with Thermal Expansion machines is actually an oversight in FTB's config files which you just made me realise. :D

The workaround in the meantime is to use a Forge Lexicon to convert one version of a material into another version.
Thanks alot. I did not know that forge lexicon could change pulverized ores into dusts. Thats realy handy to know

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch....Yep, someone said to use the forge lexicon? Use the forge lexicon. You'll want it in later game anyways, it's just so useful when you have almost 100 mods running at the same time.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need forge lexicon for that. Just make invar dust from pulverized iron (or any other iron dust) and pulverized ferrous (or other nickel dust) and smelt it to get invar ingots, which can be used in any recipe that needs them.

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
wazup ftbers
I am playing ultimate and I got two questions
is there an easy steel production manner without RC
and my second question is if there is a known bug with the mode chance key M cuz it does not work in my MC

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
wazup ftbers
I am playing ultimate and I got two questions
is there an easy steel production manner without RC
and my second question is if there is a known bug with the mode chance key M cuz it does not work in my MC

You can only make Steel in a Railcraft Blast Furnace or a GregTech Blastfurnace (faster?). But you can find Steel Tools in Chests and Burn them back to Ingots.

Press Ingame Escape and change your Mode key to everything you want. But you have to hold Spacebar and press the Mode key to change the Mode on a Jetpack and Hold the Mode key and rightklick to change the Mode on a Tool like Electric Wrench.