Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
be warned sometimes removing changed recipes can make some items un-obtainable or open the door to bugs/flaws/exploits that the script was supposed to deal with . also sometimes scripts are interdependent on each other and removing one will turn others into unintended recipes. in this case the pack author might not want you to have access to that mod soo soon
tdrl: be careful when messing with crafting recipe changes and most of them are there for a reason.
True true. But the pack authors usually care more about downloads than one person doing their own thing. Its minecraft, your not playing with anyone else so it doesn't really matter.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
True true. But the pack authors usually care more about downloads than one person doing their own thing. Its minecraft, your not playing with anyone else so it doesn't really matter.
as far as i've heard what they value varys from dev to dev , and i never said don't tweak tweaked recipes .I just said be careful .

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Packs like All The Mods: Expert Mode, Infinity Evolved Expert Mode and Regrowth rely on those tweaked recipes to give the experience intended. Your pack may be the same, so I'd always make a backup copy of the scripts file just in case. Likewise, is it really that much effort to get the blocks of minicio and the unstable ingot? :D I suspect that's intended

C

cap.1o

That being said. Just don't spam 64k upgrades. Because of the type limit in AE2. You best solution will be mostly 1k disks. They will be used for the all of the one/off and smaller quantity items. Partition your larger disks using the cell workbench and restrict them to storing one item. They will be ones you store massive quantities of a single item (like cobblestone).

I have already storage system with Yabba and Drawners but thank you for your tips i will try to do also that.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
hi all i dont know if this is the write place to ask this but im stuck how do i get lava from botania garden of glass please

Someone else might have a better answer, but from what I can see, you have to summon blazes, make Blaze Lamps, use a Pure Daisy to make those into Obsidian, and then make a Nether Portal. If you're going for cobble-gen, right-clicking the grass gets you pebbles.

There's some more information here.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
New question: Is there an easy way to add a downloaded modpack to the Twitch launcher (Unzip to a new folder in 'Instances', perhaps?) I've been slamming into the 'Addon has no full path' message with every. single. pack. that I try to download/install through Twitch, but I can go to the Curse website and download the zips with no trouble.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds eclipses? I'd guess Astral Sorcery but not sure. Just had one happen, and wondering the significance other than having mobs spawn during the daytime.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Minecolonies: I didn't realize I apparently "chose" a block type to build out of, ie, wood vs sandstone (and apparently there's one other option, according to the person who crushed my soul and helped me realize that I had made a horrible mistake). Mine are all sandstone. I would like them to be wood. Is it too late?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Minecolonies: I didn't realize I apparently "chose" a block type to build out of, ie, wood vs sandstone (and apparently there's one other option, according to the person who crushed my soul and helped me realize that I had made a horrible mistake). Mine are all sandstone. I would like them to be wood. Is it too late?

Breaking and replacing the MineColonies block in the structure should reset the building back to level 1. When you begin construction, the builder will try to clear the work area, which should return those supplies to you. Afraid once you've set the schematic progression, I don't know of a way to swap it outside that.

Edit:. Don't forget to use the Builder's Tool to place the block. This allows you to rotate and shift the building before you commit time and resources.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Breaking and replacing the MineColonies block in the structure should reset the building back to level 1. When you begin construction, the builder will try to clear the work area, which should return those supplies to you. Afraid once you've set the schematic progression, I don't know of a way to swap it outside that.

Is that per building, though? Or is that something I decided when I made the town hall?

If I have to break the buildings down and rebuild them from scratch, I might actually be OK with that. I looked around and I couldn't find the option anywhere.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is that per building, though? Or is that something I decided when I made the town hall?

If I have to break the buildings down and rebuild them from scratch, I might actually be OK with that. I looked around and I couldn't find the option anywhere.

It is per building. It is very possible to mix types throughout your city (I'm partial to wooden houses, but stone bakeries).

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, that's some amazing news! I can just tear down the ones that are driving me nuts and rebuild!

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching some old let's plays and... are kingdmac and hynotizd the same person? They don't sound the same but they have an identical verbal tic where they'll go "yeah.m-hmm." (Punctuation and lack of spacing to try to mimic the timing.)

I'd guess not since there are certainly videos in which they're both present, but it is strange to me that they'd both have that. Maybe family?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've been watching some old let's plays and... are kingdmac and hynotizd the same person? They don't sound the same but they have an identical verbal tic where they'll go "yeah.m-hmm." (Punctuation and lack of spacing to try to mimic the timing.)

I'd guess not since there are certainly videos in which they're both present, but it is strange to me that they'd both have that. Maybe family?
These sorts of things can be picked up from all sorts of places. I know I pick up bits of accent and mannerism from friends and family, so it may well be that they've spent enough time in each other's company, or one has watched enough of the other's videos, to have unconsciously picked it up. Likewise, it could be a regional thing too.

That said, FunkMasterBlast (who used to do many Technic tutorials and had Tekkit series) introduced a fellow player called _Ricochet into the series. I never knew until... possibly over a year later that they were actually brothers, despite their accents being similar (perhaps because they were very generic english); likewise Edd2012 who was introduced right at the end of their Tekkit series turned out to ALSO be another brother! I would never have guessed just from listening to them. So they may well be family, its not impossible!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I know a couple of people who have picked up verbal habits from watching other YouTubers. Sometimes it's a thing that's 'too distinctive', and therefore worth trying to drop (GennyB's 'Yo yo yo everybody' comes to mind), but a 'yeah.m-hmm.' is going to draw less attention to itself.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Are there any decent landscaping mods out there? Like some kind of a tractor with a plow you can use to flatten out a plain for buiding, stuff like that? If not, there should be. Why isn't there?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Are there any decent landscaping mods out there? Like some kind of a tractor with a plow you can use to flatten out a plain for buiding, stuff like that? If not, there should be. Why isn't there?
there is a rod of terra firma in botania that does this at a reasonably large distance around the player (very plainy with the original slope on the outside of the plain )

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019

The builder from rftools can fill in spaces (somewhat like an anti-quarry), or build entire shapes in space that you can select from a list. I'm pretty sure rftools is available on most versions.

The super builder's wand from better builder's wands is crafted from EU2's builder's wand and can place either 16k (or 32k, I think 16) blocks at its max size (but of course you need that many in your inventory and the area you are filling needs to already be that block). Note there are two versions: a smaller one (max 64 I think?) which is crafted from "normal" wands made from unstable ingots, and the larger one from "super" wands crafted from mobius ingots (accessible after upgrading the sigil the second time in the end). This is in 1.7.10 at least, not sure if it's available later.