Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Ars Magica has a Journal that can store XP. EnderIO Experience Obelisk is an option at some point, but might be out of reach for early game. There are other ways, but not all of them are obvious.

I didn't know about the one for ARS Magica. I was bracing myself for having to go straight for the obelisk, but that requires soul sand I believe!

Luckily, I'm a great big cheating cheater and I added openblocks, and that has XP storage options as well. I just need to get me some obsidian!

DON'T use the ars magica exp storage method its broken and gives back less xp then u put into it , and no one mentioned the tome of perdita from blood magic which if u keep inside your inventory will also auto absorb any xp orb drops that touch u (u can still manually move xp into and out of the book with right clicks ,shift+ right click does the other direction). There is also the hero's medallion from reliquary which has a secondary use in a mob farm as an xp tank.

Last edited:
C

cap.1o

Hi,

How to change the max chunk can be load by FTB Lib mod ?

I'm alone on server with OP command and i have a limit to chunklaod.
i wan't to raise it more.

Thank you

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
This is kind of weird - I have two smelteries set up. They are the same dimensions (3x3x3 interior), but one is made of seared brick (Grout) and the other is made of Seared Stone (because I had automatic cobblegen by the time I decided to make it.) When I hit F7 to check light levels, the Grout smeltery shows a spawn area in the corner opposite the lava tank. In fact, mobs have spawned in there occasionally - and died horribly. The Seared Stone smeltery doesn't - even when I put a solid roof on it! Even weirder is the fact that the roof (which was also Seared Stone) does show as a potential spawn area. Anyone got any thoughts?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

How to change the max chunk can be load by FTB Lib mod ?

I'm alone on server with OP command and i have a limit to chunklaod.
i wan't to raise it more.

Thank you

You have to edit the ranks.json (make sure server and client settings match, or one will overwrite the other). There are options for max claims and max chunks loaded, although I don't have the specifics at hand. Should get you started.

Edit: FTBUtils is the mod in question, and FTBLib is a library of common code for this mod and others. Just pointing it out to help if you're searching further.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What are the advantages of Draconic Evolution's Mob Grinder?
brutally efficient + good range and one shots its targets(almost 0 cooldown time between kills ) +wither boss counts as a valid target (i think it kills like a player becuase some of the drops seem player kill only) lastly i think its blast proof , it only wants rf or burnables for operation

Reactions: MikW

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Does anyone know if the Kekimuru was nerfed in Regrowth? I made one and fed it a couple of cakes, and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the amount of mana it produced!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Does anyone know if the Kekimuru was nerfed in Regrowth? I made one and fed it a couple of cakes, and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the amount of mana it produced!
i dont think so(unsure how old regrowth botania is but i dont think that flower ever got nerfed till indirectly post 1.10)

if u think your getting to little mana per item/effort try the explosives flower (i'm guessing creeper essence->gunpowder is still a thing) it might be easier and more mana per time but its definitely not safer or more fuel efficient, though i guess the last part might not matter if tnt is significantly easier to make per unit then cake

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

cap.1o

You have to edit the ranks.json (make sure server and client settings match, or one will overwrite the other). There are options for max claims and max chunks loaded, although I don't have the specifics at hand. Should get you started.

Thank you i will manage it

Someone knows about Certus Quartz from AE², where exactly i can find it ?
I run out it and it seems not mine some in Aroma and Deep Dark world with the quarry.
Should i get it only from overworld ?
Thank you

Last edited:

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you i will manage it

Someone knows about Certus Quartz from AE², where exactly i can find it ?
I run out it and it seems not mine some in Aroma and Deep Dark world with the quarry.
Should i get it only from overworld ?
Thank you

Last I checked it tends to spawn more around the gold level than diamond. y20-30ish for best yields. If you have Just Enough Resources installed it can give you a graph showing spawn zone. And I've had no trouble finding it in deep dark, though that was 1.10.

C

cap.1o

Last I checked it tends to spawn more around the gold level than diamond. y20-30ish for best yields. If you have Just Enough Resources installed it can give you a graph showing spawn zone. And I've had no trouble finding it in deep dark, though that was 1.10.

Yeah normally but i found that on AE2 config file :

Code:
    world {
        B:CertusOre=true
        B:CertusQuartzWorldGen=false
        B:ChargedCertusOre=true

worldgen {
    D:meteoriteClusterChance=0.1
    I:meteoriteDimensionWhitelist <
     >
    I:meteoriteMaximumSpawnHeight=180
    I:minMeteoriteDistance=707
    I:quartzOresClusterAmount=0
    I:quartzOresPerCluster=0
    D:spawnChargedChance=0.07999998331069946

There is on Beyond 1.10 modpack normal to have it ?
Beacuse i have checked where ever in Deep Dark / Aroma World / etc. and i don't find any Certus ore since i have upadated the modpack.
There is a mod that override this config file ?

Thank for helping

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I watched like 2 minutes of tutorials on minecolonies, the one on using the builders wand, and in that video, he was placing all kinds of decorations like bridges and pathways and fountains and whatnot. I'm not seeing any of these things available to be built yet. Do I have to make my own designs and scan them in or are there some pre-fab ones out there to work with and I'm just missing it?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I watched like 2 minutes of tutorials on minecolonies, the one on using the builders wand, and in that video, he was placing all kinds of decorations like bridges and pathways and fountains and whatnot. I'm not seeing any of these things available to be built yet. Do I have to make my own designs and scan them in or are there some pre-fab ones out there to work with and I'm just missing it?
You make me cry drbretto. I had to stop sprout because my computer can't handle it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You make me cry drbretto. I had to stop sprout because my computer can't handle it.

Sorry! If it makes you feel any better, it's been a lot more slow going than I thought, lol.

And did you try taking out some of the audio-only mods? From what I've read out there, they're the bigger culprits. I'm generally sitting at around 120 FPS at 16 view distance, but I don't have much for automation going on just yet. I'd be willing to bet it's a fixable problem and not just that your PC can't handle it.

Try throwing optifine in there, too.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

The Builder's Wand does have a tab for decorations, although it is possible that it (and it's contents) is locked behind the level of your Builder's Hut (possibly the builder's level itself, although I think that just affects work speed).

Using the Scan Tool, you can create your own buildings for your Builder to fabricate, although keep in mind that you need to supply the material to do it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Right now, with a builders hut level 2, the only things under decorations is the supply camp and supply ship. But I only barely have a town hall and level 1 lumber mill. I think I will go ahead and build up the rest of the main buildings first before complaining, lol. But worst case, I will just have to build my own stuff, I guess.

I didn't know about the custom schematics until this morning. The wheels are spinning, lol. I have ideas.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Sorry! If it makes you feel any better, it's been a lot more slow going than I thought, lol.

And did you try taking out some of the audio-only mods? From what I've read out there, they're the bigger culprits. I'm generally sitting at around 120 FPS at 16 view distance, but I don't have much for automation going on just yet. I'd be willing to bet it's a fixable problem and not just that your PC can't handle it.

Try throwing optifine in there, too.
Meh, I started the age of engineering, its pretty awesome. Going to exploit everything to the fullest extent. Probably make an iron farm using vanilla mechanics, thats gonna be massively overpowered. Free iron, free steel, and free dye. Much vanilla mechanics breaking modpacks.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm actually a little bit jealous of that. I wanted to try out age of engineering, too. But given that I have a partner in crime here, I'm kinda stuck making the most out of this one. Good to know AoE is fun, though. I'll probably try that one next.