Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm actually a little bit jealous of that. I wanted to try out age of engineering, too. But given that I have a partner in crime here, I'm kinda stuck making the most out of this one. Good to know AoE is fun, though. I'll probably try that one next.
Here is a thought/question then, Doesn't everyone think a pack they started is fun at first ?(if there not being repeatedly murdered anyways..)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a thought/question then, Doesn't everyone think a pack they started is fun at first ?(if there not being repeatedly murdered anyways..)
Not always, no. My first experience with a Gregtech pack was with a group of friends. I managed to adjust, but it made the early game much too different (less enjoyable to me), but many of our group could never get into it at all. After a while, the pack as a whole grew on me, but since we had so many disinterested parties, we changed packs well before endgame.

Too many other times, we start a pack loving it, then find something that hangs people up and leaves them with a basic taste in their mouth. Again, some people manage to push through, and others fall off.

Its a perpetual balancing act. Different strokes, you know.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Not always, no. My first experience with a Gregtech pack was with a group of friends. I managed to adjust, but it made the early game much too different (less enjoyable to me), but many of our group could never get into it at all. After a while, the pack as a whole grew on me, but since we had so many disinterested parties, we changed packs well before endgame.
i guess i was being too general in the first part of the question

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's another one, haven't been able to make out what will occur:

What happens if I break a block in a Mekanism dynamic tank? Does it keep the fluid? And does that apply even for the smallest (3x3x3) tank? Basically I'm asking: if you break the multiblock, will it retain the fluid? I've got some precious liquid lithium that I really don't want to lose. I can test in about 12 hours time, but I was hoping someone might know for sure...!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Here's another one, haven't been able to make out what will occur:

What happens if I break a block in a Mekanism dynamic tank? Does it keep the fluid? And does that apply even for the smallest (3x3x3) tank? Basically I'm asking: if you break the multiblock, will it retain the fluid? I've got some precious liquid lithium that I really don't want to lose. I can test in about 12 hours time, but I was hoping someone might know for sure...!
I don't believe the mutliblock tanks retain their fluids but the single blocks do.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't believe the mutliblock tanks retain their fluids but the single blocks do.

The single blocks do only if you have the wrench, I am not sure about the dynamic tanks either.

Ah, bother. Well, in that case my best bet is probably to either pump the liquid into some of the mekanism liquid tanks, or decondensentrate it into gases and fill up a bunch of gas tanks. It needs to be gas to turn into tritium anyway, so there's no harm in doing the latter a bit earlier than planned! Cheers all.

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

There are degrees, of course, but I get this. Every new modpack is chock full of possibilities, and it can take some time before you realize that you're missing some mod you've always leaned on and just assumed it was there (Ender Chests) or, you finally understand what you're doing with Minecolonies and now you wish you could blow it all up and start over somewhere else, lol.

I can find fun in just about any pack, but I suffer from shiny thing syndrome, so it's a good thing I have a partner in crime over there because it's easier to stick with a pack knowing someone else doesn't want to start over again. And I find that pushing through that part where it starts getting "hard" only leads to a better appreciation for the pack you're playing.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So: Update!

I can't seem to increase the size of the tanks dynamically - I added an extra 3x3 blocks on the side, then removed those and tried on the top (making it 3x4x3) but it wouldn't reform the multiblock unless I returned it to the 3x3x3 size. However, when I removed a block from the 3x3x3, and replaced it, the brine remained in the tank at the level it was before once the multiblock reformed! So that's useful. I don't know if perhaps the tank needs to be empty before it will allow changes in size, or if its restricted to cube sizes (it doesn't sound like it should be); I'll have to do some more testing I think.

We tried a few different setups, but they always ended up getting lost. Occasionally this meant they just dug a hole (which we could follow) until they ran out of power, but the ones we tried to use to harvest our essence crops on the surface would run off without reason. Once, one of our harvesters ran off to the next field over, and it took up residence there (causing issues for the one who lived there originally). Once I watched one run off into the sunset - I followed him for a long run, as he burrowed his way into a nearby mountain before running out of power. On more than one occasion, I would log in to a few holes in my house, knowing that the robots had gone AWOL again.

Golems were a welcome change, even though we had done that setup many times before. As derpy as Golems can be, they simply work most of the time. Hopefully you have better luck. If you figure it out, I would love to see an overview of your setup for reference.

So, I haven't yet got pictures of my setup, but I seemed to make something that works if you're still interested! My robot seems to harvest crops and returns to its base station when I give it a redstone signal. I haven't yet gone further and let it just run to see if it goes crazy or not; I'm also interested to see if it returns to its base station when low on power, I haven't tested that yet. Let me stress-test it a bit and see what comes out in the wash. I will also say that I tried to use an emerald kinesis pipe attached to a mekanism energy cube with the emerald gate and docking station; that didn't seem to work, but having the kinesis pipe then a gold kinesis pipe, and having the gate and station on the gold pipe, seemed to charge the robot whenever it went back to base. Updates pending ;)

EDIT: while I'm at it, I'll give a bit of detail (in a spoiler as it gets wordy):

I placed down the kinesis pipe, the gate on the side and the docking station on top.

I created 2 blank Map Locations:

One I right-clicked on the placed docking station (what side you right-click it on makes a difference; assuming your dock is on the top, you'll need to make sure the Location says "UP" in the coordinates when its done)

The other I did using landmarks; I got them so the red lines joined the whole area up, then right-clicked the Location on one of the landmarks. My area laid out was actually 2 blocks high - I included both the level with the dirt and the level with the crops, just in case.

In the GUI for the emerald gate:

On the first line, at the left-hand side (LHS) I set it as redstone signal off, and on RHS I set "Work in Area", and placed the Map Location defined by landmarks.

On the second line, LHS I set as redstone signal on, and RHS I set "Go to Station" and placed the Map Location I'd right-clicked on the docking station.

If I have issues with it not charging, what I'll do is set it to, say once per Minecraft day, switch on a redstone signal for 30 seconds (should be enough to charge it?), then switch it off again. Unless it runs out of charge faster, of course.

Like I said, much stress testing needed, and pictures too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inaeo
C

cap.1o

Hello !

I have some questions about Applied Energistics 2.

1-I would know if i can craft items directly from the ME Terminal with a keybind ?
Ex: I have inside my ME system 4 printed circuit i want more.
How can i order more directly from the 4 item in the ME terminal directly from a keybind on click on the 4 items ?

2-Do i need to make a pattern all time i want a sub-craft to be automatise ?
Like i haven't got a partern to craft a export bus, if i have got the formation core, i need first ask at the ME to craft the formation core and then craft myself the export bus ?

3- How can i empty the 1K storage cells to give to new 4K storage cells ?
I want to recycle the 1K storage cells from the begin system to up the capacity to 4k and then 64K.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hello !

I have some questions about Applied Energistics 2.

1-I would know if i can craft items directly from the ME Terminal with a keybind ?
Ex: I have inside my ME system 4 printed circuit i want more.
How can i order more directly from the 4 item in the ME terminal directly from a keybind on click on the 4 items ?

2-Do i need to make a pattern all time i want a sub-craft to be automatise ?
Like i haven't got a partern to craft a export bus, if i have got the formation core, i need first ask at the ME to craft the formation core and then craft myself the export bus ?

3- How can i empty the 1K storage cells to give to new 4K storage cells ?
I want to recycle the 1K storage cells from the begin system to up the capacity to 4k and then 64K.

1. There is no keybind. You just need to click on the craft icon for the item once the pattern has been made.
2. Yes you will need a pattern for everything you want autocrafted. If it is for 3x3 standard crafting put the pattern in the interface next to a molecular assembler. If it is a machine crafting place it in the interface attached to the machine
3. Look for the I/O device. It is a special device that empty/fill storage cells.

That being said. Just don't spam 64k upgrades. Because of the type limit in AE2. You best solution will be mostly 1k disks. They will be used for the all of the one/off and smaller quantity items. Partition your larger disks using the cell workbench and restrict them to storing one item. They will be ones you store massive quantities of a single item (like cobblestone).

Reactions: cap.1o

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
That being said. Just don't spam 64k upgrades. Because of the type limit in AE2. You best solution will be mostly 1k disks. They will be used for the all of the one/off and smaller quantity items. Partition your larger disks using the cell workbench and restrict them to storing one item. They will be ones you store massive quantities of a single item (like cobblestone).
Yes, for all the random stuff I would make 1ks. But for large things you can make a 64Ks that are partitioned but personally I prefer a Quantum/Deep Storage Unit on a storage bus.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Yes, for all the random stuff I would make 1ks. But for large things you can make a 64Ks that are partitioned but personally I prefer a Quantum/Deep Storage Unit on a storage bus.

I would recommend 4ks at the smallest, that way they're not constantly filling up but aren't ludicris in price

T

tam86

Hey, I've got a question about magical crops. I'm playing Interdimensional Escape, and today i started with magical crops, but I've noticed that the recipes are waaaay more expensive than I thought(and what several mod spotlight said), for example the weak infusion stone recipe should be a diamond/emerald and 8 minicio essences, but i can only craft it with 1 Unstable ingot and 8 minicio BLOCKS.
Is there any mod - correlation or did magical crops raise the cost? I've seen this at the twilight mod, instead of 1 diamond i should use some expensive fancy stuff, but i changed the config file, and then the "cheaper/normal" version worked. I've checked the magical crops and extrautilities (bc of the unstabe ingot) config files but i couldn't find a rule which changes the recipes..

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hey, I've got a question about magical crops. I'm playing Interdimensional Escape, and today i started with magical crops, but I've noticed that the recipes are waaaay more expensive than I thought(and what several mod spotlight said), for example the weak infusion stone recipe should be a diamond/emerald and 8 minicio essences, but i can only craft it with 1 Unstable ingot and 8 minicio BLOCKS.
Is there any mod - correlation or did magical crops raise the cost? I've seen this at the twilight mod, instead of 1 diamond i should use some expensive fancy stuff, but i changed the config file, and then the "cheaper/normal" version worked. I've checked the magical crops and extrautilities (bc of the unstabe ingot) config files but i couldn't find a rule which changes the recipes..
I suspect what you've got there is a Minetweaked recipe - I'm not familiar with interdimensional escape, but suspect there will be a Scripts folder which contains a .zs file - that's the script format for Minetweaker/CraftTweaker.

T

tam86

I suspect what you've got there is a Minetweaked recipe - I'm not familiar with interdimensional escape, but suspect there will be a Scripts folder which contains a .zs file - that's the script format for Minetweaker/CraftTweaker.

Hi, thanks! I found a crafting.zs file, it contains some remove rules for magical crops recipes- I will delete them and hopefully it will be normal.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, thanks! I found a crafting.zs file, it contains some remove rules for magical crops recipes- I will delete them and hopefully it will be normal.

MineTweaked recipes are a choice made by the pack designer, usually to give a new difficulty or flavor to the pack. While it's possible to remove/change them, do consider that they were altered intentionally in the first place.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
be warned sometimes removing changed recipes can make some items un-obtainable or open the door to bugs/flaws/exploits that the script was supposed to deal with . also sometimes scripts are interdependent on each other and removing one will turn others into unintended recipes. in this case the pack author might not want you to have access to that mod soo soon
tdrl: be careful when messing with crafting recipe changes and most of them are there for a reason.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame