Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What happens if you add a mod that adds worldgen, to an already existing modpack world?

Drastic chunk boundaries like
1y68ux.jpg
(This is from someone's vanilla world when the worldgen algorithm changed between 1.6.x and 1.7.x)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I did find that tab, but sadly, all it says is to kill those two things with no description of what they are.

I didn't even think of that, though, looking through lower y-levels. Seems like a good excuse to explore some caves.
Every quest has two pages. One with the task, and one with a text description, with all the extra information. There's arrows at the bottom of the panel with the task that switches between the two pages. Everyone seems to miss this and then complain the information isn't there, which frustrates me to no end.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Every quest has two pages. One with the task, and one with a text description, with all the extra information. There's arrows at the bottom of the panel with the task that switches between the two pages. Everyone seems to miss this and then complain the information isn't there, which frustrates me to no end.

Oh, awesome! I'll look for that tonight.

If it helps counter your frustrations, know that I am having a blast with the pack. It feels much more alive than most packs I've tried before, and it keeps you a bit more grounded by not using OP technology from outer space to grow my food. I have slaves instead. :p

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, thanks to @Inaeo in the Sprout thread, I now know to use powered Lanterns to stop letting all my guards die (my difficulty meter is like 7 blocks full). My question is, will the mob spawn overlay recognize the extra area that the lanterns prevent mob spawning, or does that work purely off of light level? I'm hoping to be able to visualize the radius.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So, thanks to @Inaeo in the Sprout thread, I now know to use powered Lanterns to stop letting all my guards die (my difficulty meter is like 7 blocks full). My question is, will the mob spawn overlay recognize the extra area that the lanterns prevent mob spawning, or does that work purely off of light level? I'm hoping to be able to visualize the radius.
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I believe that overlay is purely based on light level. I used chunk boarders to help me visualize the area, although it wasn't exact. I tend to err on the side of caution with things like that, so I'm pretty sure I have a decent buffer of spawn free zone outside my walls.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Damn,I was hoping there was a way to see it if just to confirm the radius. The wiki is worded poorly in this part. It calls it a 32x32 radius, but that doesn't make any sense on two different levels. For one, a square isn't a radius. For another, 32 is an even number, so there's no middle point. It could be interpreted a number of ways.

Is it a square, or is is a circle? Is it a 32 radius, or did they mean that it covers (roughly) 32 blocks, which would mean a 15 or 16 radius?

I do like the idea of using the chunk borders, though. That makes it a little bit easier.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Damn,I was hoping there was a way to see it if just to confirm the radius. The wiki is worded poorly in this part. It calls it a 32x32 radius, but that doesn't make any sense on two different levels. For one, a square isn't a radius. For another, 32 is an even number, so there's no middle point. It could be interpreted a number of ways.

Is it a square, or is is a circle? Is it a 32 radius, or did they mean that it covers (roughly) 32 blocks, which would mean a 15 or 16 radius?

I do like the idea of using the chunk borders, though. That makes it a little bit easier.

From what I remember reading, it should be a 33-block radius. That includes vertical radius as well. I've always used them much closer together than that, if only because they look awesome.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
33 block radius gives me the freedom to put them where they look the best, so that would be awesome.

Last question on it (though no promises, lol) will it prevent mob spawners from spawning mobs? What about cursed earth? I would like to build a dungeon underground and I was going to put spawners in cells, then maybe one big curse earth room gauntlet room.

I'm guessing they will work because they ignore light levels?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
33 block radius gives me the freedom to put them where they look the best, so that would be awesome.

Last question on it (though no promises, lol) will it prevent mob spawners from spawning mobs? What about cursed earth? I would like to build a dungeon underground and I was going to put spawners in cells, then maybe one big curse earth room gauntlet room.

I'm guessing they will work because they ignore light levels?
I think Lanterns only prevent hostile natural mob spawns like the Mega/Magnum Torch, but spawners and cursed earth ignore this.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Oh, awesome! I'll look for that tonight.

If it helps counter your frustrations, know that I am having a blast with the pack. It feels much more alive than most packs I've tried before, and it keeps you a bit more grounded by not using OP technology from outer space to grow my food. I have slaves instead. :p
That would sound so wrong in other circumstances...

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Here's a fun one:

Is it possible to pipe selected fluids out of a TC smelter while leaving others? Specifically, I'd like to remove Resonant Ender from one drain and send it off one direction, Blood from another and send it off in another, and leave some amount of fluid still in the smelter (so I can acquire more Blood and Resonant Ender when things get conveyored into it.)

RwSeAIH.png

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Here's a fun one:

Is it possible to pipe selected fluids out of a TC smelter while leaving others? Specifically, I'd like to remove Resonant Ender from one drain and send it off one direction, Blood from another and send it off in another, and leave some amount of fluid still in the smelter (so I can acquire more Blood and Resonant Ender when things get conveyored into it.)

RwSeAIH.png
Ex1 or 2 depending on the version Liquid Transfer node with filters.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've seen setups in 1.7 (and possibly 1.6) packs where all fluids were pumped into separately filtered tanks to be poured. Some have even used separate smaller smelters to avoid putting alloy-able (is that a word?) ores into the same smelter, using filters to control which ores went where.

Some drained off blood and some actually recycled the blood back into the smelter to assist with "smelting" emeralds :D

These were done using several packs so there may have been differing mods at work.

Reactions: Lethosos

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've seen setups in 1.7 (and possibly 1.6) packs where all fluids were pumped into separately filtered tanks to be poured. Some have even used separate smaller smelters to avoid putting alloy-able (is that a word?) ores into the same smelter, using filters to control which ores went where.

Some drained off blood and some actually recycled the blood back into the smelter to assist with "smelting" emeralds :D

These were done using several packs so there may have been differing mods at work.

This is in Infinity Evolved, so I'm running the blood off to become Netherrack, and the Resonant Ender off to become Enderium (One Enderman gives you a full bucket of R.E., or enough for an Enderium gear - compare that to killing 20 or so for Ender Pearls? Yes, please!) Probably going to set up another floor below to automate those processes, maybe a second crusher line just for the Cobalt/Ardite/Mithril/Draconium. I'm currently pushing towards a Hopperhock or two to collect all the mob drops (Bones will probably become building material, rotten flesh can get cycled into the smelter via 'Blood Stained Blocks')

Routing solid blocks is something that's pretty easy, but I've never tried routing fluid before.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
This is in Infinity Evolved, so I'm running the blood off to become Netherrack, and the Resonant Ender off to become Enderium (One Enderman gives you a full bucket of R.E., or enough for an Enderium gear - compare that to killing 20 or so for Ender Pearls? Yes, please!) Probably going to set up another floor below to automate those processes, maybe a second crusher line just for the Cobalt/Ardite/Mithril/Draconium. I'm currently pushing towards a Hopperhock or two to collect all the mob drops (Bones will probably become building material, rotten flesh can get cycled into the smelter via 'Blood Stained Blocks')

Routing solid blocks is something that's pretty easy, but I've never tried routing fluid before.

As stated above, multiple smelteries are required to prevent unintended alloys - usually it can be done with just two, but this could change depending on the alloys in your pack. This is alleviated somewhat if you're using a dedicated Smeltery for mob farming and two more for ore processing, since the drops aren't likely to alloy (pig iron, if you're dumping villagers in, too).

The easy way to manage this is to use a single drain and many tanks, using filters on the outputs. This is simple to set up, but can suffer from throughput issues depending on your choice of piping - particularly if some fluid can become trapped inside and backlog things. Intelligent piping solutions, such as EnderIO Fluid Conduits, won't send fluid if an output tank is full, so make sure you have a way to keep the tank with some buffer space (usually by converting the fluid to a solid for easier storage).

I recommend using a dedicated fluid to be your damage dealer. Preferably this would be a metal you don't use much (I like Aluminum Brass after I have all my casts, since it has so few other uses and doesn't occur naturally). Pump even a single ingot's worth to a buffer tank, then back into the Smeltery to land it back on the top of the stack. If you have a Redstone clock on your buffer tank feeding back, it can help avoid loops of endless pumping with just a slight delay.

Z

Zakkarian

Which mod from Sky Factory 3 is the one that adds durability numbers on the left of the screen? I want to add it to my own single player game.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to have different configs for separate worlds within a profile? For instance, I'm thinking about making a creative world that uses COFH to alter world gen. Is there any way to jump from a current world to that custom world gen without needing to change profiles? I'm thinking no, but just in case...

S

sinept

Is there any way to automatically remove items from the Alveary hydroregulator in age of engineers? I'm guessing that it's possible normally using buildcraft components but I'm not sure if it can be done in AOE. I can fill it using hopper ducts but I can't empty it the same way, presumably because attaching one to the bottom of the hydroregulator places it upside down. (I wouldn't think the hydroregulator wouldn't be capable of dropping spent items, being that a bucket of water only lasts for 50 seconds).

Oh, also, the forestry electric generator can convert EU to RF, but is there something in the AOE modpack that can do the opposite?

@Inaeo if you mean like multiple instances of minecraft, some with different mods or vanilla, using the same user profile, the multimc launcher does that. If that isn't what you're talking about then I have no idea. (is the world gen modifier implemented as a mod?)

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Here's a fun one:

RwSeAIH.png
if you're not using it for metals, I would say that your best bet would be to set up a fluid pipe with a filter into a drum for the resonant ender, and use a redstone signal which will cause the smeltery to alternate between fluids