Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
One or two minor problems I am having with the silk touch option. And this is minor, but I'm hoping there's a solution.

I'm handling the cobblestone issue by converting it to quadracobble as it comes in. But, when I go silk touch, i'm maxing out my stone instead, and that doesn't combine. Is there some way to automate the conversion to cobblestone? I know, If I really want the octocobble, I can set up a separate cobblestone generator, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Is there a machine I could tack onto my drawers that will convert stone into cobble?

Secondly, I'm kinda surprised that the SAG mill doesn't work on draconuim. I could just place them and manually break them with a fortune 3 pick, but is there some other solution? Another machine I can run it through that it's compatible with?

If such a machine exists, I would think it would solve both of my problems.

Edit: Think I just got it, actually. I could use a block placer, an auto-miner that let's me use a fortune 3 pick and a vacuum hopper to send it back to the queue. If there's a simpler way, lemme know, but this is doable.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Secondly, I'm kinda surprised that the SAG mill doesn't work on draconuim. I could just place them and manually break them with a fortune 3 pick, but is there some other solution? Another machine I can run it through that it's compatible with?

Edit: Think I just got it, actually. I could use a block placer, an auto-miner that let's me use a fortune 3 pick and a vacuum hopper to send it back to the queue. If there's a simpler way, lemme know, but this is doable.
I've never found a processing route that was more efficient (resource-wise) than fortune-mining it. What's nice is some packs have fortune-perks, such as potions in Witchery and various baubles in the Thaumcraft universe, that stack on top of fortune III.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Fortune works for the blocks that change into something else when they're broken, but the silk touch method with the SAG mill is like fortune 3 for your iron and gold. I'm just trying to have the best of both worlds. And for most of the other ores, it's working fine. For example, diamond and coal ores, run through the SAG mill, seem to be yeilding fortune 3 levels. It's literally just those two blocks I need to work with.

I think this will work, though. I'll have to set up a separate pull directly from the quarry, though, because otherwise it'll just not let me keep any stone at all, but I can't see it not working. I just have to figure out which mod has the placer/miner options I'm looking for, and I'm bettin' on AA.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
One or two minor problems I am having with the silk touch option. And this is minor, but I'm hoping there's a solution.

I'm handling the cobblestone issue by converting it to quadracobble as it comes in. But, when I go silk touch, i'm maxing out my stone instead, and that doesn't combine. Is there some way to automate the conversion to cobblestone? I know, If I really want the octocobble, I can set up a separate cobblestone generator, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Is there a machine I could tack onto my drawers that will convert stone into cobble?

Ah balls, I'd forgotten about draconium! Didn't realise the SAG Mill wouldn't grind it up, I knew it wouldn't work on the ingots, I should have guessed :\

Yeah, I think the automining is probably your best bet - the Double Crusher from Actually Additions might also process draconium ore (it turns the ingots back into dust anyway), but its not super-fast. The Actually Additions Drill with the 3 speed upgrades and 2 fortune upgrades, a block placer from AA, and something like the Mechanical User would do the trick. Then have a system set up to pull the drill out when its empty, fill it and put it back in.

EDIT: I wonder if you could put a glowing AA battery into the User, would that keep the drill topped up? Probably not, but... hm. Likewise the EnderIO wireless charger probably wouldn't either.

EDIT 2: Edit Harder: You could get it to send excess stone into a SAG Mill, crusher, pulveriser, something like that? I'm fairly sure that will grind it up for you - unfortunately its not as simple as a conversion :( Alternatively, same setup as for the draconium only with size instead of fortune, and have 5x5 block placers. Might work!

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If stone can go into a SAG mill and come out as cobble, that'd be perfect. It'll need it's own mill or three pulled directly from the quarry (just because of the recursive loops I used to set everything else up, any other way will also kill my stash of stone). That's should be easy enough.

For the draconium, I think the mechanical user would be perfect, assuming that's what I think it is. It will use whatever item is in it, right? as if clicked by the player? I used something like that on my last pack for sheering sheep, but I can't remember what it was called. I thought that was from AA, but I could be wrong.

The one I used before had 9 slots. I have XP out the wazoo and the advanced enchanting table mod, so I can actually just make 9 fortune III unbreaking III diamond pickaxes and that'll probably last like a year at the rate draconuim comes in. I don't need that to be super fast. The cobblestone needs to keep up, but I can just add multiple SAG mills, or let some of the stone spill over. It's not like stone isn't also useful.

Thanks for once again contributing to my massive backlog of things to do, lol.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For the draconium, I think the mechanical user would be perfect, assuming that's what I think it is. It will use whatever item is in it, right? as if clicked by the player?
That's the one :)

The one I used before had 9 slots.
That sounds like Extra Utilities 2's mechanical user - had a quick double-check I don't think there's an Actually Additions equivalent - which is a shame, because that would be SUPER handy. I honestly think at that point I could just leave ExU2 behind forever!

I have XP out the wazoo
You should see a doctor about that

and the advanced enchanting table mod, so I can actually just make 9 fortune III unbreaking III diamond pickaxes and that'll probably last like a year at the rate draconuim comes in. I don't need that to be super fast.

Thanks for once again contributing to my massive backlog of things to do, lol.
You're welcome ;) and that's fair enough actually - much more simple than trying to set up the drill - plus if you also put efficiency on them as high as you can manage, they'll also be pretty fast! As an alternative to the enchanting table mod, you could use EnderIO's Enchanter - you use that, to enchant books and then use the books with the items on an anvil.

Reactions: Henry Link

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ok, that wither idea... DE-Nied.

I thought it just wouldn't turn in a claimed chunk, but it won't even enter one. The good news was that I could stand there attacking it and it didn't do any damage to my mob grinder, but it's going to he a lot harder than I thought to build something automated that won't totally blow up. I'll figure it out, though. Just putting it asside do I can get this energy issue under control.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I thought it just wouldn't turn in a claimed chunk, but it won't even enter one. The good news was that I could stand there attacking it and it didn't do any damage to my mob grinder, but it's going to he a lot harder than I thought to build something automated that won't totally blow up. I'll figure it out, though. Just putting it asside do I can get this energy issue under control.

You know, water blocks explosive damage.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You know, water blocks explosive damage.

Ooh! That's a hell of a tip!

I am having some serious problems with Draconic Evolution. I'm making my energy multiblock. I put the 4 particle generators 4 empty spaces away from the core. I shift right click barehanded on the particle generators, it inverts it's color pattern.

From my googlings, the crazy out of date advice was to encase the core with cobblestone and break them because of something from railcraft. Tried that, nothing. One said to disable residual heat blocks in railcraft config, that doesn't seem to be there, I'm guessing because it didn't carry over to 1.10.

Why won't this make the pretty particles.

Edit: well I guessed right! I had to make them into energy core stablizers. That is not what the wiki and every video says! Lol

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Fortune works for the blocks that change into something else when they're broken, but the silk touch method with the SAG mill is like fortune 3 for your iron and gold. I'm just trying to have the best of both worlds. And for most of the other ores, it's working fine. For example, diamond and coal ores, run through the SAG mill, seem to be yeilding fortune 3 levels. It's literally just those two blocks I need to work with.

I think this will work, though. I'll have to set up a separate pull directly from the quarry, though, because otherwise it'll just not let me keep any stone at all, but I can't see it not working. I just have to figure out which mod has the placer/miner options I'm looking for, and I'm bettin' on AA.
first off u forgot to mention dark steel balls are needed to get anywhere close to that , second of all ur never supposed to sagill pulverize or crusher draconic avg drop is 16 peices for one of the ore types but only when using fortune 3 (of course if u can hit higher that is lovely for draconium )

I am having some serious problems with Draconic Evolution. I'm making my energy multiblock. I put the 4 particle generators 4 empty spaces away from the core. I shift right click barehanded on the particle generators,
i remeber something about it mentioning which block is invalid and referencing it by coordinates when u look in the energy core gui

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I appreciate your attempt to help, but I think you missed some important bits on those posts :p both issues are all set. I will be pulling out the draconium and hitting it with Fortune.

b12arr0

Jul 29, 2019
How long after a release of a modpack does the server version typically take to show up for download? Thanks!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Immediately, I would think. Where were you looking and which modpack? For Beyond, the link for the server version is in the in-game menu. For others, you might have to run the legacy launcher and click to download the server files from there. I would think any pack that doesn't have it when it launches isn't going to have it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Ooh what did you mean about not entering claimed chunks? I'm missing something here :/