Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Since you are using the new launcher you need to open the profile for the DW20 modpack and click the versions button to download the most recent beta, starting at 1.8 the TE mods have been added. You might also need to change the preference from release to beta in order to see it. It is fine to change that setting for all of minecraft as it wil not auto update any pack until you click the download button icon or go into the versions area and select one.

I will check on that. Thanks!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
One note about Thermal Expansion... It's been split into 3 separate mods: Foundation, Expansion and Dynamics. The first two have been added to Direwolf20. Dynamics, the part with all the transport (pipes/conduits and such) is not yet ready for prime time but will be added when it is. This holds true for Beyond, as well.

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I saw that it had been broken up. Thanks for letting me know about the staggered rollout though. Any idea when Dynamics is due to be out?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Henry Link

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a really dumb question, but here goes:

I've been playing my SSP 1.10.2 custom world for a little while now. My spawn happened to be right near a village on the edge of a river, lovely place, so I set up shop there. I even put a megatorch roughly in the middle, to help avoid hostile mob spawns, and have tried to light up the surrounding area too. But I have noticed that gradually, the number of villagers seemed to dwindle!

Welcome to the bugs that is minecraft mobs over chunk loads and unloads. There is no known solution. Mobs will suffocate, or just find their way to the other side of a wall. Villagers are known to fall into caves/ravines given enough time. See also: Zeno's edge of the world exploration journal, www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/2769273-zenos-to-the-edge-of-the-world-journal where this causes his village to depopulate as well.

Now, buildings that lose their doors? That's a new one.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started playing the new Direwolf pack, which is awesome, but for RF it uses EnderIO and Extra Utilities 2, which i've never used.

Where do I start with these mods? is there a good progression to follow? I have some RF items i've found in dungeons that i need to charge, but I cant even find a simple block/generator that charges items.

Thanks!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I've just started playing the new Direwolf pack, which is awesome, but for RF it uses EnderIO and Extra Utilities 2, which i've never used.

Where do I start with these mods? is there a good progression to follow? I have some RF items i've found in dungeons that i need to charge, but I cant even find a simple block/generator that charges items.

Thanks!

For ender IO start with a Stirling generator and a basic capacitor bank. That will give you a charging solution that can be upgraded. The generator uses any coal or other items that burn in a furnace for fule and can be upgraded later for more efficiency and power by adding capacitor to it. The basic capacitor bank can also be upgraded as well. See JEI for those upgrades.

Reactions: seanbrockest
F

Fellidd2309

I have posted this question in the tech section as well so if it is in the wrong place please feel free to delete it. I have made a tinkers broadsword using Demonic ingots as the blade in FTB Beyond. When it had used all of its durability I placed it in a tool forge to repair it. I placed some demonic ingots in the forge expecting my tool to be repaired. I was disappointed..it does not appear to repair demonic tools. I have used a sharpening kit but that is really not a viable use of the resources. Any suggestions folks?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you @Cptqrk and @keybounce - sounds like its a pretty normal thing to happen alas. Given the issues my computer has with loading new areas, and that I'm only on single player anyway, I think I may add in the 1.10 minetweaker (is that CraftTweaker?) and put in a recipe for villager spawn eggs. And then make my village as safe as possible for those derpy testificates ;)

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of swapping over to either Infinity or Beyond from the DW20 pack to get access to more of the mods I like. My only hold up is Thermal Dynamics. Infinity has it but Beyond doesn't. Is there any news on when Dynamics may hit the new pack?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of swapping over to either Infinity or Beyond from the DW20 pack to get access to more of the mods I like. My only hold up is Thermal Dynamics. Infinity has it but Beyond doesn't. Is there any news on when Dynamics may hit the new pack?

I know it's not what you want to hear, but the short answer is, "When it's ready.". TD has some issues that delayed it, even though the rest of the COFH suite has already released, but when TD does release, it will be added to Beyond. If I'm not mistaken, DW plans to add the entire TE suite to his pack once it has all released as well (Edit: It seems the latest DW20 has TE included, so expect TD to join when ready).

Infinity has the entire suite, but of course it's for 1.7 rather than Beyond being 1.10. Personally, I've started my world in Beyond with the thought that TD will drop by the time I'm ready to start building complex systems. If not, there are other ways to do what i want until then.

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not what you want to hear, but the short answer is, "When it's ready.". TD has some issues that delayed it, even though the rest of the COFH suite has already released, but when TD does release, it will be added to Beyond. If I'm not mistaken, DW plans to add the entire TE suite to his pack once it has all released as well (Edit: It seems the latest DW20 has TE included, so expect TD to join when ready).

Infinity has the entire suite, but of course it's for 1.7 rather than Beyond being 1.10. Personally, I've started my world in Beyond with the thought that TD will drop by the time I'm ready to start building complex systems. If not, there are other ways to do what i want until then.

Perhaps not what I'd prefer to hear but that helps so I appreciate it. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thank you @Cptqrk and @keybounce - sounds like its a pretty normal thing to happen alas. Given the issues my computer has with loading new areas, and that I'm only on single player anyway, I think I may add in the 1.10 minetweaker (is that CraftTweaker?) and put in a recipe for villager spawn eggs. And then make my village as safe as possible for those derpy testificates ;)

Making a 'clinic' for rehabilitating zombie villagers is another way to increase testificate population. And with the new identifying robe feature, you even had some control over what types of villagers you get from the process.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Making a 'clinic' for rehabilitating zombie villagers is another way to increase testificate population. And with the new identifying robe feature, you even had some control over what types of villagers you get from the process.
...do you know what? That's the proper way to do it, isn't it? Yes, its a little time consuming, but that's the legit vanilla way! Lets do dis.

OK, so with that in mind, hopefully another simple question: I've noticed that any swords I use tend to have a sort of "sweep" damage, hurting multiple mobs at once. If I can get a zombie spawner, I'm going to need to slay non-villager zombies and not accidentally kill the VZ, so I need something that can be a bit less indiscriminate in its damage. Do you have any suggestions? If I can get my aim right, a bow would do... do you know whether axes, in combination with their slower attack and higher damage, attack multiple targets or single ones?

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Making a 'clinic' for rehabilitating zombie villagers is another way to increase testificate population.

I was not aware this was possible. So after hitting the Googles, does anyone know if the vanilla method is still viable or would mods have altered this?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Axes cannot sweep, so you can take both to clear batches of normals, and pick off extras if you get villagers.

Zombie spawners don't produce zombie villagers in 11.2, however.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Axes cannot sweep, so you can take both to clear batches of normals, and pick off extras if you get villagers.

Zombie spawners don't produce zombie villagers in 11.2, however.
Oh! That's problematic, possibly, but good to know! Cheers :) Does anyone know why they changed that? Is it intended that ZVs will only occur as a product of zombie sieges? That would make sense with their increasing movement towards a more story-like feel with the maps, Illagers and so on.

Reactions: Lethosos