Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
isnt mending moss from Tinkers?

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

You are thinking ball of moss from Tinkers.. and IIRC it was nerfed in 1.10

But if you are still playing 1.7 mods, add a modifier, and put a RF battery on it to make it "electric" and recharge it. This was my go to method of repairing Tinkers Tools in 1.7.4 Infinity

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
how do i stop my furnaces overflowing
That is a good question. But we don't know what you are doing with the furnace that is causing it to overflow. Can you provide a better description or some pics of your setup? My guess from another thread you posted is that you are feeding the ingots back into the furnace and the furnace won't accept them so they are popping out of the BC pipe.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple question: does anyone know what happens when you have more than one Wireless RF battery from ExtraUtils2? Goes each one add to the total "pot" of wireless energy you can then draw out of the system with RF transmitters?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple question: does anyone know what happens when you have more than one Wireless RF battery from ExtraUtils2? Goes each one add to the total "pot" of wireless energy you can then draw out of the system with RF transmitters?
think it does increase total available energy flow that all wireless transmitters draw from ,so yes

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
hmm so a Witchery question. (latest version)

Trying to make Otherwhere chalk.

got my cauldron, water is bubbling, in range of the altar (3.000 or so power). dropping in the nether wart, then the tear of the goddess, then the ender pearl and an unused piece of white chalk. Starts to bubble and then nothing.. no chalk. I am going nuts cant figure out what I am missing, and by now i am running out of pearls ^^

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hmm so a Witchery question. (latest version)

Trying to make Otherwhere chalk.

got my cauldron, water is bubbling, in range of the altar (3.000 or so power). dropping in the nether wart, then the tear of the goddess, then the ender pearl and an unused piece of white chalk. Starts to bubble and then nothing.. no chalk. I am going nuts cant figure out what I am missing, and by now i am running out of pearls ^^
Any smoke?
Red Smoke - The circles around the target (and/or source) sites are incorrect

Blue Smoke - Coven witches are required

Yellow Smoke - Not enough altar power

Green Smoke - Target too far away

Purple Smoke - Generic other reason

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
According to the manual 2k is enough and i got more than that. I am so confused. I am probably missing something simple so will sleep on it as i been at this for 4 hours now. even tried it in another pack to see if it was a mod conflict issue

N

nuclearfarts

Does anyone know exactly how much damage Fractured adds to a weapon? Is it straight damage or a percent?

EDIT:
Did some science, found out a few things.

1. Fractured damage is included in the damage shown in the tooltip
2. Fractured adds a fixed amount of damage, but that amount is different for every weapon type:

Cleaver: 1.8 dmg
Broadsword: 1.5 dmg
Longsword: 1.65 dmg
Scythe: 1.13 dmg
Rapier: 0.83 dmg

Either Minecraft or Tinkers seems to round the damage to 2 decimal places, considering the weird numbers like 1.13 and 0.83.

EDIT 2:

Took a look at Tinkers' source code, found out more stuff.

Tinkers tools actually have 2 attack stats - the one that you can see and Minecraft uses to deal damage, and one that's used internally by Tinkers. Quartz, Fractured, etc. influence the internal attack stat. This internal attack stat is multiplied by the weapon type's "damage potential" value to get the attack stat you see (the one that actually influences how much damage is dealt out). This results in Fractured effectively adding 1.5 damage to the tool head's base damage.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
yeah, I did notice since installing that I've been getting these broken spawners. I only installed that mod for a quick and easy battery option, but I'm finding so much more value to it than I was expecting! I didn't really know what I was getting there.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeah, I did notice since installing that I've been getting these broken spawners. I only installed that mod for a quick and easy battery option, but I'm finding so much more value to it than I was expecting! I didn't really know what I was getting there.
Funny story: that's one of the most popular (overused? :p) mods in existence.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Haha, of course..

Well, I'm still relatively green here. So the first time I read the descriptions of everything it does, it mostly flew over my head so I didn't really pay that much attention to it.

I love the armor I made from it! I feel like iron man. And it's neat having stuff that I can keep adding to upgrade it over time.

Reactions: Pyure