Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
OK, here's another simple question:
"What happens if I do not wish to answer? Will I still be able to drift freely on the breeze?" :)

Reactions: profrags

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
How do you test for a mod's block without building in a dependency on that mod?

For example, lets say I wanted to see if the block at (w, x, y, z) was Reika's shielding cloak (from ChromaticCraft), but still run just fine if that mod was not present.
Getting the block reference should be as simple as querying the block registry during initialization or post-initialization. Example for getting one from RFTools:
Code:
if(Loader.isModLoaded("rftools"))
{
        Block coalGenerator=Block.getBlockFromName("rftools:coalgenerator");
        System.out.println(coalGenerator);
}
Obviously, you have to know mod's ID and block's ID.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just for reference, is Infinity Lite at least on the lowish end for 1.10 packs as requirements go? I still play 1.7 packs, and have only recently gone 'current' with my vanilla MC. The guy running the server that I do multi-player on is talking about adding a modded world (likely a custom pack), so this information could put a wrinkle in things.
Um. It might be? I don't think it was especially low on the mods when compared to something like DW20, but more informed folk could likely give a more definitive answer than I.

What information would be wrinkle-inducing? That wasn't my intention :\

D

Don_C

Is there a way to figure out who griefed lava blocks on my house on FTB Infinity Evolved server with the mods that are in the pack? I am op'ed

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all I'm looking for a small save of a base I'd say 2-3 hours in: auto sifting is the only real thing I need, if anything else is in too I'd appreciate nothing more further the Refined Storage basics.

I just don't feel like grinding those 2-3 hours and cheating in the infrastructure is kinda boring since you spend that much time doing other things.

Hope to find someone sharing his early steps ^

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
anvil a mending enchanted book on each them, how the enchant works:when ever u get exp orbs (using soldified xp drops xp orbs at your feet as well apparently)while holding/wearing stuff with mending enchant the xp will be expended instead of added to u in order to restore the durability of the item enchanted with mending(if none of the items with this enchant need fixing u will get the xp normally). the mending enchanted book can be made using ender io's enchanter (i think the material cost is 2 soularium and an energetic alloy each + the normal 2 other items(some lapis and writable book) for each enchant

the other more expensive way is using actually additions repairer (warning this block costs 4 diamond blocks +2 stacks of nether quartz if u dont have an empowerer setup already and to actually to repair things needs a crap ton of power )

edit: wait a sec did they ever mention a mc version or pack ?

I never mentioned a version or a pack. MC ver 1.7.10 and my modpack is DrBretto's House of... mods or something, I don't know. It's totally custom. I will add whatever mod needs to be added to make this work, though.

I do have ender IO, and I don't have actually additions, though the supplies wouldn't be an issue. I really like this mending idea more than a dishwasher, that's for sure. Plus I have a fairly large xp farm and I could use something to use it on. I will commence googling.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I never mentioned a version or a pack. MC ver 1.7.10 and my modpack is DrBretto's House of... mods or something, I don't know. It's totally custom. I will add whatever mod needs to be added to make this work, though.

I do have ender IO, and I don't have actually additions. I really like this mending idea more than a dishwasher, that's for sure. Plus I have a fairly large xp farm and I could use something to use it on. I will commence googling.
Do you have thaumcraft? There's the addon Thaumic Bases, adds a whole ton of stuff, but most notably it adds a magical anvil that doesn't have cost scale with the amount of times you've used it before. It also provides a discount to xp needed iirc, made of voidmetal I think?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I do have thaumcraft installed, but I haven't even started with it yet. I'll keep that one on my list of things to look for.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Aw, man. The Mending enchant is 1.9 and I'm running 1.7.10. That's disappointing because that was absolutely perfect.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Aw, man. The Mending enchant is 1.9 and I'm running 1.7.10. That's disappointing because that was absolutely perfect.

If you have Botania, you could use Mending Moss (I think that's what its called) which repairs items by consuming mana.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If you have Botania, you could use Mending Moss (I think that's what its called) which repairs items by consuming mana.

I DO have botania. No one on the server was using it so I was going to try that one out next. good call!

Edit: Looks like it's called timeless Ivy, but I found it. This will totally do. Thanks!

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Um. It might be? I don't think it was especially low on the mods when compared to something like DW20, but more informed folk could likely give a more definitive answer than I.

What information would be wrinkle-inducing? That wasn't my intention :\

Well, I don't know what kinds of systems other people on the server are playing, so if a 'light' 1.10 pack requires 4Gb, it might tax some of them. I've been trying to point out that 1.7 mods are more polished, but some people are all 'ride the bleeding edge!', ya know? :D

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
What's people's thoughts on botania in general? If I'm about to dive in to do this timeless thing, may as well see what else it can do. Any thoughts?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That is actually the general response for that question I have found, lol. Makes me not want to get into it.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
What's people's thoughts on botania in general? If I'm about to dive in to do this timeless thing, may as well see what else it can do. Any thoughts?
That is actually the general response for that question I have found, lol. Makes me not want to get into it.

I wasn't really sure what you were asking...Botania is a fun mod, like most other mods. It's a bit more technically advanced than some others, but if you read the lexica botania you'll be fine. It certainly allows lots of interesting builds.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
The wither in Project Ozone 2; more generally, Hardcore Wither.

When I kill the wither, something about it kills me. Not sure why this is happening - I have +11 hearts (10 regular tinker's containers, 1 yellow container), a full bloodstone (fast health regen) and it rarely or never hits me. I've killed it three times so far - I don't remember if it "killed" me the first time, but the next two times definitely did so: my charged white moonstones were consumed and my simplyjetpack reported "user about to die, turning on hover mode."

The jetpack part makes me curious, is it because I killed it while flying, and the Hardcore Wither mod applied some debuff that forces me to a fatal fall (even if I was only a few blocks above a surface)?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Many of the early game baubles are nice (Sojourner's Sash in particular for me, but a friend swears by the magnet ring). You can automate a ton of things using just Botania and Vanilla, although some of those tasks are a bit convoluted (made easier by using other mods instead). Overall, I find it to be an enjoyable mod with interesting/unique engineering challenges and some nifty toys and features to reward progression. If you enjoy combat, you're in luck, as a few bosses can prove challenging to the unprepared player.

The Timeless Ivy (thank you for reminding me of the name) you seek isn't exactly early in the progression, but I'm not certain if it requires fighting Gaia or not.

Reactions: Pyure