Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
cant find it in direwolf 1.10. both those mods are not in the pack
I just took a look at Direwolf's modlist.

I don't see anything that packages its own logic circuits. But you do have access to Super Circuit Maker with which I believe you can actually design circuits.

Unfortunately I can't give you any help on that mod since I'm not familiar with it.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
cant find it in direwolf 1.10. both those mods are not in the pack

The pack includes RFTools which includes a Logic Gate block, and who better to explain that but Direwolf himself:

The entire Redstone control section starts at 18:30, the logic gate itself starts at 22:35

Reactions: Pyure
T

Tim.

As a companion to the FAQ thread, I felt this forum could use one of these. If you have a question on the mechanics of any mod or an interaction between multiple mods, ask here and someone will get back with an answer. Any question is welcome here, no matter how easily obtained the information may be or how often such a question has been asked. This thread is welcoming to all.

This thread is not for crashes, installation issues, or other such errors. There is an entire tech support forum dedicated to those issues (link below).

Useful resources:
Minecraft Wiki: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
Official Feed the Beast Wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/FTB_Wiki
Unofficial Feed the Beast Wiki: http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki

FAQ / EAQ thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/faq-and-eaq-gameplay-only.5532/
Collected Guides: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/collected-guides-thread.213/
Tech Support Forum: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/tech-support-now-unlocked.14/
why is tall grass and such not dropping seeds?

Z

Zhamet

Since I'm a complete noob when it comes to modded minecraft, been playing vanilla for years, and especially running a modded server I need to ask this....

The DireWolf20 1.10 modpack requires 4GB of RAM on the server to work, and the server I am renting atm only have 1GB, and to increase it to 4GB would more then double the rental cost of the server.
Thus I wonder if disabling some of the mods will make the server require less RAM, or will the server still run the mods, and thus keep the hardware requirements, even if I disable some of the mods in the pack?
And the obvious follow up question... how do I disable selected mods on the server?

Clarification:
I am only interested in having a few of the included mods running on the server, not the whole pack.
But since I cant find any smaller pack with the mods I want I am forced to go for a large modpack since I have no idea how to make my own pack, and thus I run into the 4GB of RAM issue.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Since I'm a complete noob when it comes to modded minecraft, been playing vanilla for years, and especially running a modded server I need to ask this....

The DireWolf20 1.10 modpack requires 4GB of RAM on the server to work, and the server I am renting atm only have 1GB, and to increase it to 4GB would more then double the rental cost of the server.
Thus I wonder if disabling some of the mods will make the server require less RAM, or will the server still run the mods, and thus keep the hardware requirements, even if I disable some of the mods in the pack?
And the obvious follow up question... how do I disable selected mods on the server?

Clarification:
I am only interested in having a few of the included mods running on the server, not the whole pack.
But since I cant find any smaller pack with the mods I want I am forced to go for a large modpack since I have no idea how to make my own pack, and thus I run into the 4GB of RAM issue.

I don't know if disabling selected mods will help - especially if you aren't familiar with how the mods fit together. Some of the packs alter recipes to create interdependencies, and I don't know if Direwolf's does that. You might want to start by seeing if your server can even handle something like Infinity Light - I can't recall if that or any pack can be run on only 1GB.

Z

Zhamet

I don't know if disabling selected mods will help - especially if you aren't familiar with how the mods fit together. Some of the packs alter recipes to create interdependencies, and I don't know if Direwolf's does that. You might want to start by seeing if your server can even handle something like Infinity Light - I can't recall if that or any pack can be run on only 1GB.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
I checked the Infinity Light pack and it also say it requires 4MB of RAM to work properly, so its seems I am out of luck.

Appears that my only option might be to try learning how to assemble my own pack with just the mods I am interested in, and learn how to get it installed on a server.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply :)
I checked the Infinity Light pack and it also say it requires 4MB of RAM to work properly, so its seems I am out of luck.

Appears that my only option might be to try learning how to assemble my own pack with just the mods I am interested in, and learn how to get it installed on a server.

Most 1.10 packs will require 4gigs... This is what's holding me up from upgrading my server to a 1.10 pack.

Now 1.7.4 packs.. you can probably get away with more.. A lot more mod pack options, and (most) of the mods are in their most polished state.

Try one of those first before you start looking into upgrading your server package.

Z

Zhamet

Most 1.10 packs will require 4gigs... This is what's holding me up from upgrading my server to a 1.10 pack.

Now 1.7.4 packs.. you can probably get away with more.. A lot more mod pack options, and (most) of the mods are in their most polished state.

Try one of those first before you start looking into upgrading your server package.

Again thanks for a quick reply :)
And thanks for the tip, will have a look at 1.7.4 packs and see if I can find something that has the mods I'm interested in.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Made myself my first set of dark steel armor today. Super exciting stuff. But, by the time I'm done using the anvil to tack on all my empowerments, I can barely repair it anymore.

Is this a can't have it all thing, or is there a better method for this?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Answered my own question. Putting it in here just in case others search for it, I dunno.

But, apparently, in Mrcrayfish furniture mod, you can make a dishwasher, and that dishwasher slowly repairs items.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Again thanks for a quick reply :)
And thanks for the tip, will have a look at 1.7.4 packs and see if I can find something that has the mods I'm interested in.
I will say, just as a quick aside for 1.10; The "Infinity Lite" pack for 1.10 is not in fact a "light" pack, as you've discovered, however: It is possible to put together a very small group of 1.10 mods, and play them together. I only have 3GB of RAM, so I still have a fair bit of slowdown at times but it is (to me at least) playable. But I've found that certain bigger mods, like TiCon2, EnderIO, and even Refined Storage, don't even load up fully before I get an "Out of Memory" issue.

I run out of the vanilla launcher, there are a few steps to it, but its not too bad.

But, if you want to play a proper pack, that's had time for the bugs to be worked out, 1.7.10 is probably your best bet :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I will say, just as a quick aside for 1.10; The "Infinity Lite" pack for 1.10 is not in fact a "light" pack, as you've discovered, however: It is possible to put together a very small group of 1.10 mods, and play them together. I only have 3GB of RAM, so I still have a fair bit of slowdown at times but it is (to me at least) playable. But I've found that certain bigger mods, like TiCon2, EnderIO, and even Refined Storage, don't even load up fully before I get an "Out of Memory" issue.

I run out of the vanilla launcher, there are a few steps to it, but its not too bad.

But, if you want to play a proper pack, that's had time for the bugs to be worked out, 1.7.10 is probably your best bet :)

Just for reference, is Infinity Lite at least on the lowish end for 1.10 packs as requirements go? I still play 1.7 packs, and have only recently gone 'current' with my vanilla MC. The guy running the server that I do multi-player on is talking about adding a modded world (likely a custom pack), so this information could put a wrinkle in things.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Can you infuse your magical crops armour twice? I gave my zivicio the fire protection infusion and now give it the withering protection infusion and can't seem to do it. How do you infuse armour? The mod pack am I am using is project ozone 2.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Made myself my first set of dark steel armor today. Super exciting stuff. But, by the time I'm done using the anvil to tack on all my empowerments, I can barely repair it anymore.

Is this a can't have it all thing, or is there a better method for this?
anvil a mending enchanted book on each them, how the enchant works:when ever u get exp orbs (using soldified xp drops xp orbs at your feet as well apparently)while holding/wearing stuff with mending enchant the xp will be expended instead of added to u in order to restore the durability of the item enchanted with mending(if none of the items with this enchant need fixing u will get the xp normally). the mending enchanted book can be made using ender io's enchanter (i think the material cost is 2 soularium and an energetic alloy each + the normal 2 other items(some lapis and writable book) for each enchant

the other more expensive way is using actually additions repairer (warning this block costs 4 diamond blocks +2 stacks of nether quartz if u dont have an empowerer setup already and to actually to repair things needs a crap ton of power )

edit: wait a sec did they ever mention a mc version or pack ?

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How do you test for a mod's block without building in a dependency on that mod?

For example, lets say I wanted to see if the block at (w, x, y, z) was Reika's shielding cloak (from ChromaticCraft), but still run just fine if that mod was not present.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do you test for a mod's block without building in a dependency on that mod?

For example, lets say I wanted to see if the block at (w, x, y, z) was Reika's shielding cloak (from ChromaticCraft), but still run just fine if that mod was not present.
I feel like we need a "ask a simple modding question" thread now ;)