Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
While we're recommending mods....

Any advice for a mode that allows me to build relatively simple portals? We've been using a lot of journeymap's teleporting features and I'd think that being able to build linked portals would be.. I dunno, classier. I miss runecraft.

Also, wouldn't mind populating the world with more mobs/structures to discover. If there are any good recommendations there, I'd love to hear 'em!

Edit: was eyeballing recurrent complex mod and mo creatures. Please stop me if i'm about to kill my server.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
While we're recommending mods....

Any advice for a mode that allows me to build relatively simple portals? We've been using a lot of journeymap's teleporting features and I'd think that being able to build linked portals would be.. I dunno, classier. I miss runecraft.

Also, wouldn't mind populating the world with more mobs/structures to discover. If there are any good recommendations there, I'd love to hear 'em!

Edit: was eyeballing recurrent complex mod and mo creatures. Please stop me if i'm about to kill my server.

I'm on a semi-vanilla server that has a plug-in that allows for portal creation. (As far as I know, the server admin has to 'install' them at specified coordinates.) Would that be of interest? I can inquire as to the plug-in and other necessities.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm on a semi-vanilla server that has a plug-in that allows for portal creation. (As far as I know, the server admin has to 'install' them at specified coordinates.) Would that be of interest? I can inquire as to the plug-in and other necessities.

I think you lost me on the having to install it as the server admin. I'm looking for something that's practical in-game to build.

Runecraft was pretty cool in that regard. I would just arrange some blocks in a certain way with an identifying block type to link them, then every time you click in the middle of the structure, you'd port back and forth to a waypoint. I'm looking for something closer to that. I'd use exactly that, but that's a server plugin and that apparently doesn't work with a forge server. I think, I don't know. This stuff is complicated, lol.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
To help get worthwhile recommendations which version of Minecraft are you running?

That would help, wouldn't it. It's 1.7.10 base, and a completely customized modpack.

I've been doing all kinds of googlin' instead of working. I think Mo' Creatures satisfies the additional mobs thing I was looking for. There are some other cool ones out that that I' d be interested in, but will only annoy some of the people on the server, so we're good there. And I did find some simple mods with waypoints, so I think I might be all set, but I would still love to hear any general recommendations out there.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, I'm dumb...enderio conduits have round robin.
Now, I managed to split the signal between the soul sand mechanical users and the wither skull ones and delay the skulls one.

My last and only problem now is the timer: I can use it to time the signal every 25-30 seconds or so, teh time it takes for my shield protector tier3 thingy to kill the wither, but I have no way to turn it off, because even if I dont supply a redstone signal the timer gives off the signal every X seconds, with X being the time I set in it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nevermind, I'm dumb...enderio conduits have round robin.
Now, I managed to split the signal between the soul sand mechanical users and the wither skull ones and delay the skulls one.

My last and only problem now is the timer: I can use it to time the signal every 25-30 seconds or so, teh time it takes for my shield protector tier3 thingy to kill the wither, but I have no way to turn it off, because even if I dont supply a redstone signal the timer gives off the signal every X seconds, with X being the time I set in it.
Just put an AND circuit at such a spot that it requires both the redstone pulse AND a lever signal.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh god nonononono, don't ever use mod-minecraft. It's one of those terrible repost sites with medieval mod versions and ads all over. You can get all of Chicken Bones' mods on his website.

Thanks for the head's up!

I wasn't actually going to use that site, though. I only ever browse those sites for the ideas, then make a list of what I want, then download them from the author's sites, or via curse client. That link actually led to a solid 6 straight hours of not working, so it's double appreciated, lol.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
People here sure are talking about bees a lot. Should I be looking into this?

Forestry (the bees and trees mod) has its good points and its bad points, to be honest. Good points: fun woods to build with and the potential for limitless resources. Bad points: Quite a bit of grinding and invoking of RNGesus. Potential victim to 'gotta-catch-em-all' syndrome.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OK, I think I'll hold off for now. I'm trying to trickle the mods in over time so we're not all overwhelmed with stuff we won't be touching for a while. Some of the stuff people are talking about with it sounds interesting, though, lol. Such a weird, kooky mod. But, we've got enough collecting to do now that I installed Mo'Creatures.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Another one! Keepin' y'all busy today.

Trying to keep the server relatively light (this has not worked out as planned, lol. I keep wanting it all), but one of the users is looking for more decorative blocks. I've been hesitant to include decocraft because it seems like it practically doubles the load time, and I have to think that translates to server resources, like memory. We were going to go with MrCrayfish's furnature mod instead as what I'm assuming is a lightweight alternative.

Is this worth going to? Or am I being a big baby about this and should just give her decocraft already?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Another one! Keepin' y'all busy today.

Trying to keep the server relatively light (this has not worked out as planned, lol. I keep wanting it all), but one of the users is looking for more decorative blocks. I've been hesitant to include decocraft because it seems like it practically doubles the load time, and I have to think that translates to server resources, like memory. We were going to go with MrCrayfish's furnature mod instead as what I'm assuming is a lightweight alternative.

Is this worth going to? Or am I being a big baby about this and should just give her decocraft already?
I know it requires a bit more effort, but have you considered Chisels & Bits? You can build your own furniture and stuff in there, and its well optimised from what I hear.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I know it requires a bit more effort, but have you considered Chisels & Bits? You can build your own furniture and stuff in there, and its well optimised from what I hear.

I hadn't heard of that, but just watched a quick vid and that's pretty awesome. I will add this one to the list, I think. But not as a replacement for the other thing.

I'm with it, as you can clearly tell by my posts, lol. But the one I'm adding this mod for is.... let's say easily overwhelmed.

but, this mod looks pretty awesome in its own right. I think it makes the list.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
repostin because I found no solution yet
I made a wither farm with mechanical users activated by redstone signal, a lever I pull.
used a timer to make them place the blocks at 30sec intervals, time for the wither to die
used a repeater to make the skulls be placed a couple ticks after
The problem is that the repeater gives off the signal regardless of my lever being on or off, I didnt notice that at first
A guy earlier said to make an AND circuit that would need the repeater signal AND my lever's, but I dont know how to make it, I'm dumb with mechanics

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
repostin because I found no solution yet
I made a wither farm with mechanical users activated by redstone signal, a lever I pull.
used a timer to make them place the blocks at 30sec intervals, time for the wither to die
used a repeater to make the skulls be placed a couple ticks after
The problem is that the repeater gives off the signal regardless of my lever being on or off, I didnt notice that at first
A guy earlier said to make an AND circuit that would need the repeater signal AND my lever's, but I dont know how to make it, I'm dumb with mechanics
upload_2017-1-18_15-31-50.png

Just to clarify: By an AND circuit I mean use an existing AND circuit that comes with your modpack. ProjectRed and BluePower have these. There's likely others.

You can make a vanilla AND circuit but its not nearly as clean.