Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
my guess is someone has tweaked growth requirements ,magical crops can be grown as agricraft crops, ive seen it several times . the fact nei is suggesting metal/gem blocks of a resource for the growing of magical crops is not a default thing.

That might be what's doing it. I considered that agricraft might be the culprit for the soil types but the entries for magical crops don't look like agricraft ones in NEI (they don't show the mutation source, probably because they can't be mutated like that). I wasn't sure either way though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Minecraft 1.7.10. Is there a way to move blood from one altar to another in Blood Magic that doesn't use pipes or similar? I only have magic mods to play with and I can't find anything within Blood Magic itself, and seriously dont want to put the Well of Suffering thingie over my altar as it would totally ruin the look I been going for. So had planned to build a second altar and hide it away but .. yeah.. I know you can do it with pipes and stuff but i dont have access to that.
Golems perhaps?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Minecraft 1.7.10. Is there a way to move blood from one altar to another in Blood Magic that doesn't use pipes or similar? I only have magic mods to play with and I can't find anything within Blood Magic itself, and seriously dont want to put the Well of Suffering thingie over my altar as it would totally ruin the look I been going for. So had planned to build a second altar and hide it away but .. yeah.. I know you can do it with pipes and stuff but i dont have access to that.

Take my suggestions here with a pinch of salt, as I only really used Blood Magic for a few rituals more than anything else. Golems would be an option, but you'd likely have to use fez-wearing flesh golems so they can regen faster than the well of suffering (and even then i'm not sure that it'd outpace the WoS, and their range is limited). I think there is a ritual that can dump LP from your network into an alter too, but this might be an addon. You might be able to use buckets of life to transfer the LP too, if you can figure out a way to empty the life buckets into an alter (if that is possible), this would have the benefit of being able to use something like Corporea sparks to transfer from the WoS alter, avoiding golems dying to the WoS.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
There IS a ritual that puts LP into blood in your altar, for running altars away from the main base.

Ahh you mean Cry of the Eternal Soul? 2 million lp cost? yikes.. well I got something to work towards then. ^^ Thanks, ill see if i can incorporate it into my temple.

Thanks everyone, sadly I found no way to use golems to move the blood :(

A

Amantey

How fast get wood in sky factory 3. What of combination button? Plz help? I need tree seedling in my hand?

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
on D20pack or similar, how to Autocraft IC2 iron plates :
* without using Metal former. so only hammer and iron ingot recipe
* no AE2 neither. Refined storage is an option.

Receiper in Refined storage do not support well durability use/damage to the hammer. same for autocraft from RFtools.

Any ideas?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
on D20pack or similar, how to Autocraft IC2 iron plates :
* without using Metal former. so only hammer and iron ingot recipe
* no AE2 neither. Refined storage is an option.

Receiper in Refined storage do not support well durability use/damage to the hammer. same for autocraft from RFtools.

Any ideas?
the reason the rftools one wont work is becuase it needs a non reserved slot for the hammer to go to after its used , u also need to have the setting that keeps tools inside the internal inventory enabled ,and probably an inventory checker to make sure it has room to place the hammer after it uses it

treat an rftools crafter as a processing machine and use refined storages crafting system to make a recipe that says iron ingot> iron plate . then u need to keep the crafter stocked with at least 1 forge hammer making sure that the crater has 1 or 2 slots reserved for the iron ingots .if u researve more slots for other ingot types u can do this for other ic2 plates if u want/need them automated . the reason the rftools one wont work is becuase it needs a non reserved slot for the hammer to go after its used , u also need to have the setting that keeps tools inside the internal inventory

J

Jani Liskojärvi

Is there something similar to magnum torch in ftb infinity lite to prevent mob spawning? can't seem to find anything.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on direwolf, and I get horrendous performance, framerate sometimes stays at 70 and then it goes in the 10s.
I'm using almost all of my ram, cpu usage doesnt go over 60%.
Should I get more ram or is there a bottleneck somewhere?
CPU: i5 4430
GPU: R9 270
Ram: 8gb (2x4gb) corsair lp vengeance

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on direwolf, and I get horrendous performance, framerate sometimes stays at 70 and then it goes in the 10s.
I'm using almost all of my ram, cpu usage doesnt go over 60%.
Should I get more ram or is there a bottleneck somewhere?
CPU: i5 4430
GPU: R9 270
Ram: 8gb (2x4gb) corsair lp vengeance

From what I vaguely understand, 1.10 shifted a good deal of its load into RAM and away from the processor when they revamped the way rendering happens. With only 8gb RAM, there isn't much to go around if the OS needs some, MC is eating a up, and you have even a couple of background applications running.

Foamfix (if not included already) can help reduce the strain on your RAM, but 1.10 is simply hungrier than past versions. The good news is that RAM is usually cheaper than a new CPU.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pick up a single item from a stack in an inventory without picking up the whole stack to drop one item? I swear I saw someone do this in a video and was like hoooooooooooooooow?? (I know it can be done from AE storage)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pick up a single item from a stack in an inventory without picking up the whole stack to drop one item? I swear I saw someone do this in a video and was like hoooooooooooooooow?? (I know it can be done from AE storage)

Hover over the stack and roll your mouse wheel? I forget if it's part of Inventory Tweaks ormore likely Mouse Tweaks.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on what version and what mods you have you can scroll with the middle mouse button.

Ninja'd

Edit: in 1.10 the mod is called inventory sorter

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
From what I vaguely understand, 1.10 shifted a good deal of its load into RAM and away from the processor when they revamped the way rendering happens. With only 8gb RAM, there isn't much to go around if the OS needs some, MC is eating a up, and you have even a couple of background applications running.

Foamfix (if not included already) can help reduce the strain on your RAM, but 1.10 is simply hungrier than past versions. The good news is that RAM is usually cheaper than a new CPU.
Oh ok sounds right, because a couple years ago I had the same rig and got perfectly fine framerates.
This change seems really annoying and badly thought of. Very few people have more tha 8gb of ram and not using the computational power of cpu and gpu....ugh

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Hover over the stack and roll your mouse wheel? I forget if it's part of Inventory Tweaks ormore likely Mouse Tweaks.

Depending on what version and what mods you have you can scroll with the middle mouse button.

You guys are amazing I love you ...:p

I have an export bus flooding an inventory with items as soon as there's a space free, keep thoughtlessly picking up a whole stack then having to go put the extras back.. lol.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What mod was it in 1.7 that allowed you to toss an entire stack of something by holding shift while pressing Q hovering over the stack you wanted to toss? Is there a 1.10 version of it?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You guys are amazing I love you ...:p

I have an export bus flooding an inventory with items as soon as there's a space free, keep thoughtlessly picking up a whole stack then having to go put the extras back.. lol.

Left-clicking will pick up half a stack, which will at least keep the slot tagged for that specific item.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok sounds right, because a couple years ago I had the same rig and got perfectly fine framerates.
This change seems really annoying and badly thought of. Very few people have more tha 8gb of ram and not using the computational power of cpu and gpu....ugh

I understand your frustrations with the change, but for those of us with older computers or laptops without a great CPU, this change was very welcome. My CPU is taxed to 100% at all times when I play Minecraft, while the 32gb of RAM I was gifted sit yawning. RAM is cheap, and processors are nearly at a wall for speed. Something had to give.