Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Project Ozone 2, is there a way to find Blizz besides flying around hunting for a cold biome and building a place for them to spawn there?

Need Blizz rods, not just blizz powder. Magical crops can produce them from blizz essence, but I'd still need 4 rods to make the first blizz seed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone recall offhand how far a harvest golem will teleport seeds to? I'm considering keeping 3 spaces between my farms to avoid problems; is this sufficient?

(I'm aware I can use Use cores to avoid the problem but they're very expensive in the pack I'm playing)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Project Ozone 2, is there a way to find Blizz besides flying around hunting for a cold biome and building a place for them to spawn there?

Need Blizz rods, not just blizz powder. Magical crops can produce them from blizz essence, but I'd still need 4 rods to make the first blizz seed.

Afaik blizz rods are only a mob drop.

However if you have gendustry you can config in a custom bee breed that drops them :)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Anyone recall offhand how far a harvest golem will teleport seeds to? I'm considering keeping 3 spaces between my farms to avoid problems; is this sufficient?

(I'm aware I can use Use cores to avoid the problem but they're very expensive in the pack I'm playing)
A one block wall should be sufficient iirc, but I would test it out.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Sadly, in 1.7.10 that I recall, they don't respect things like walls and physics and stuff. They'll teleport seeds right through them and you'll end up with cross-polinated crops.
Really? I never had a problem with that when I played simply magic, as long as they were completely confined.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Really? I never had a problem with that when I played simply magic, as long as they were completely confined.
If it helps, just to be clear, I'm not worried about them wandering. I'm worried about having two types of farms near each other (cotton and candleberry) and the two farms gradually getting polluted with each others seeds. That does happen in TC 4.2

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
If it helps, just to be clear, I'm not worried about them wandering. I'm worried about having two types of farms near each other (cotton and candleberry) and the two farms gradually getting polluted with each others seeds. That does happen in TC 4.2
Yeah I know. I had a wheat farm and a potato/carrot farm in separate enclosures right next to each other, and I don't recall there being any cross pollution.

I've not played tc4 in a while, but there's a harvest and a collection core right? The harvest core has an upgrade that allows replanting doesn't it? Is that what you're using?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah I know. I had a wheat farm and a potato/carrot farm in separate enclosures right next to each other, and I don't recall there being any cross pollution.

I've not played tc4 in a while, but there's a harvest and a collection core right? The harvest core has an upgrade that allows replanting doesn't it? Is that what you're using?
Not by preference, but yeah. Harvest + Order = harvest-replant. Therein lies the problem. Their replant capability is a bit unreliable and I've seen them magically transport seeds through space and time into a nearby farm.

"Use" golems are a lot more reliable, you just need to specify where they'll work (by marking each farm plot) and what seeds they're allowed to use (by stationing them on a chest) and they get the job done.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Not by preference, but yeah. Harvest + Order = harvest-replant. Therein lies the problem. Their replant capability is a bit unreliable and I've seen them magically transport seeds through space and time into a nearby farm.

"Use" golems are a lot more reliable, you just need to specify where they'll work (by marking each farm plot) and what seeds they're allowed to use (by stationing them on a chest) and they get the job done.
I could swear they only replanted the crops they harvested, maybe it's changed since I last played. However I do trust your powers of observation. How big is your farm? I would try to put the adjacent one outside the golems range (11x11 area? but check the thauminomicon)

Reactions: Everlasting2

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019

I saw cross contamination at 4 blocks in between and gave up there as it would spread out the farm to much for the space I had. When googling about the same problem a while ago the most common numbers i saw was 7 and 11 (seems like people cant really agree on it)

Reactions: erindalc

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on Direwolf20 1.10 last beta
I need a way to automatically farm obsidian, am I missing an obvious way?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Playing on Direwolf20 1.10 last beta
I need a way to automatically farm obsidian, am I missing an obvious way?
actually additions has a fluid placer so after that all u need is a block breaker which im sure the pack has .if ur using an ender io tank for lava storage just tell it to push lava into the fluid placer .

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
actually additions has a fluid placer so after that all u need is a block breaker which im sure the pack has .if ur using an ender io tank for lava storage just tell it to push lava into the fluid placer .

Make sure your water can't get into the space the lava will be placed into as the fluid placer will not output if there is already a fluid there.

That worked for me but now that I have taken out the dragon my new "obsidian farm" is to setup a RFTools builder with clearing quarry in a big enough cylinder to get all the pillars. Pack that up, respawn the dragon and repeat until you have enough dragon eggs and obsidian for your needs.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
That worked for me but now that I have taken out the dragon my new "obsidian farm" is to setup a RFTools builder with clearing quarry in a big enough cylinder to get all the pillars. Pack that up, respawn the dragon and repeat until you have enough dragon eggs and obsidian for your needs.
lovely idea but that costs 4 nether stars a run in direwolf20 1.10 becuase the re-summoning crystals cost a nether star each

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Galacticraft: can you change what facing sends/receives power on say the generators/compressors.. etc. I know it really doesnt matter but it bothers my ocd when i cant make them line up to look pretty

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Galacticraft: can you change what facing sends/receives power on say the generators/compressors.. etc. I know it really doesnt matter but it bothers my ocd when i cant make them line up to look pretty
You can rotate the device but you cannot choose different sides afaik.