Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna start messing around with Draconic evolution and their infusion system, but my energy system is not up to par (just draconic generators running off the charcoal from 2 farming stations).
What system would you guys recommend?
I'm playing on Direwolf20 1.10

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I wanna start messing around with Draconic evolution and their infusion system, but my energy system is not up to par (just draconic generators running off the charcoal from 2 farming stations).
What system would you guys recommend?
I'm playing on Direwolf20 1.10
empowered canola oil in the oil generator , endergenic generator setup("free form multiblock"that can do 20krf/t at stronger versions of the build),deep resonance crystals(must be manufactured ones with high stats ,read the book ) ,lastly exu2 generators

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
empowered canola oil in the oil generator , endergenic generator setup("free form multiblock"that can do 20krf/t at stronger versions of the build),deep resonance crystals(must be manufactured ones thanks
with high stats ,read the book ) ,lastly exu2 generators
what is "free form multiblock"? do you have some source so I can design it the same way?
Maybe I'll do that since I made a powered enderman spawner and got a buttload of ender pearls.
canola sounds like too much work.
dont know deep res....which exu2 generators?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
what is "free form multiblock"? do you have some source so I can design it the same way?
Maybe I'll do that since I made a powered enderman spawner and got a buttload of ender pearls.
ftb reddit is your friend for the design for ender genic generator designs.

deep resonace is the mod that adds the redish resonating ore which is what the crystals are made of (simply craft its book and read it )

canola simply grow 1 plant(u will probably want many of them planted) then harvest it take the canola and put into a canola press then move the liquid to fermenter block , then pump to a liquid/fluid placer and have crystallized canola seed(have the atomic re-constructor hit the canola seed(s) ) dropped in to the fluid that got placed .which makes the 2nd to last tier. last tier is drop an empowered canola seed . if u wanna see a video of this process direwolf did the whole setup in his 1.10 single player lets play on youtube .

lastly direwolf20 also has a video on the basics of the endergenic generators as well

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Free-form multiblock means that the individual components just have to connect along a face. Means that you can arrange them to fit your available space instead of having to set aside a certain rectangular volume for them.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
empowered canola oil in the oil generator , endergenic generator setup("free form multiblock"that can do 20krf/t at stronger versions of the build),deep resonance crystals(must be manufactured ones with high stats ,read the book ) ,lastly exu2 generators
oh btw, are these the best I can do?
I mean are there any other more "late game"ish gen systems that produce a LOT of energy? like 100k rf per tick. materials are not an issue

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I mean are there any other more "late game"ish gen systems that produce a LOT of energy? like 100k rf per tick. materials are not an issue

If youre looking for that kind of power output, Deep Resonance is probably your best bet. Are you looking for burst/peak usage at 100k/t or sustainable power at that level? If it's only needed in fits and starts, a decent sizdd EnderIO Capacitor Bank could actually be used as a capacitor (go figure) to take the load off a lesser system until more power is available.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
If youre looking for that kind of power output, Deep Resonance is probably your best bet. Are you looking for burst/peak usage at 100k/t or sustainable power at that level? If it's only needed in fits and starts, a decent sizdd EnderIO Capacitor Bank could actually be used as a capacitor (go figure) to take the load off a lesser system until more power is available.
I saw in a video that in order to make "good" rftools dimensions you need energy in the order of 100k rf per tick, so I guess that's what I'm going for. Is deepres better than endergenic? i have a shitload of ender pearls
Do you have some video/post with a good setup?

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
How do I set up my AE crafting system to choose one pattern over another if there are two options for the same item? For example I have been squishing down my coal to make diamonds but finally bred the Diamandi bees and would like the system to use their shards before it uses the coal.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I saw in a video that in order to make "good" rftools dimensions you need energy in the order of 100k rf per tick, so I guess that's what I'm going for. Is deepres better than endergenic? i have a shitload of ender pearls
Do you have some video/post with a good setup?

You'll excuse me if I laugh when you say "good" dimensions. If you are looking for an ocean of UU-matter, then yeah, expect crazy costs. But if you're at a point where you need that, you should have all the infrastructure needed to support it. If you're looking for a fun place to build, that can be done for almost nothing. If you're looking to make a world full of diamond blocks (or whatever) you'll likely only need to run in long enough to smash a bit of the world, then not return until you're out of whatever, thus not needing sustained draw from your grid.

Realizing the Dimensions can be done over time at lower RF/t if you don't have the output to max it, just make sure you have enough to keep it running once realized.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

If Draconic Evolution is in the pack use it for insane end game power gen.

Endergenic Generators can outperform Deep Resonance generators if set up right (as DW20 found out to his surprise)

Otherwise, the Empowered oil is really good, and you would be surprised at how much oil you get out of a single seed.

I've got one presser, feeding into two fermenters, feeding into 3 iron drums, then processed and fed into 6 oil generators (325rf/t each) generating a total of 1950rf/t... I have a backlog of oil (all three iron drums are full) so I could bump this way up....

Just make sure to use the high tier energy conduits so you don't lose any power by jamming too much into the line.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
In the current DW20 Pack for MC 1.10 what options do I have to maintain only a certain number of items in a inventory or to balance the load?
Idea is for a wither spawner... to fill the block Placer I don´t want to have all my skulls in the first placer but distribute them to all 3 or only allow to be 1 at a time in there.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I set up my AE crafting system to choose one pattern over another if there are two options for the same item? For example I have been squishing down my coal to make diamonds but finally bred the Diamandi bees and would like the system to use their shards before it uses the coal.
Short answer, you dont.

I would recommend setting up a system that automatically crafts shards into diamonds and store the diamonds. Like exporting the shards into a RFtools crafting thingy.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer, you dont.

I would recommend setting up a system that automatically crafts shards into diamonds and store the diamonds. Like exporting the shards into a RFtools crafting thingy.

I suppose I could rig something up straight out of my bee network. Just seemed like this guy was saying there was a way that it could be set up with some priority system. But he doesn't seem to want to tell people how it's done.. o_O

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind, got it.. just have to change the priority on the interface where the crafting pattern was stored :)

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Never mind, got it.. just have to change the priority on the interface where the crafting pattern was stored :)
Well I'll be... When was that added? :p I never noticed that the Interface had gotten a Priority button.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO Killer Joe. What can't it kill? Wither? Guardian of Gaia? I see these can be caught in Soul Vials (custom pack with defaults for EnderIO), and I'm going to farm them with this if I can automate the killing floor.

If the Killer Joe won't, what (no DE) will?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
enderIO Killer Joe. What can't it kill? Wither? Guardian of Gaia?
killer joe does kill wither bosses just need a proper structure to deal with the booms or mobgriefing disabled and a small room . cant automate Gaia ,vaski made sure of it

"good" rftools dimensions you need energy in the order of 100k rf per tick,
someone forgot to count efficiency dimlets

Reactions: Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
killer joe does kill wither bosses just need a proper structure to deal with the booms or mobgriefing disabled and a small room . cant automate Gaia ,vaski made sure of it
Good to know. Anyone tried the Wither in a Powered Spawner? Curious as to how much RF it will take. I'm not worried too much, as my current Mek power gen is in desperate need of a sink, but forewarned is forearmed.

someone forgot to count efficiency dimlets
Those do help things along nicely too.