Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Deleted member 54080

Put a hopper/chest combo below the furnace (place chest, point hopper into chest), then put another hopper/chest combo atop the furnace (place furnace atop previous hopper, point hopper #2 at top of furnace, place chest #2 atop hopper #2), and you now have a high-capacity smeltery.

Yep, this did it. THANK YOU!

A bit different than I seem to remember, but that WAS a while ago.

Now, on to playing with item transport....

singapore123

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a 1.10.2 mod which has a block or entity which imitates a player's presence? I would like to have my mob spawner farm run unattended.

While I'm not too familiar with the mod, Botania has a block named Life Imbuer which can power mob spawners without a player's presence using mana. Not sure if it is good or not, though. It is fairly higher up in the tech tree of the mod, if I remember correctly.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Put a hopper/chest combo below the furnace (place chest, point hopper into chest), then put another hopper/chest combo atop the furnace (place furnace atop previous hopper, point hopper #2 at top of furnace, place chest #2 atop hopper #2), and you now have a high-capacity smeltery. You can also experiment with coal insertion, I would try putting a hopper on the side of the furnace with coal and see if it goes into the right slot or not, I forget exactly how it works at the moment and don't have the game running. Sometimes the "secondary input" slot (the fuel slot) can be accessed from the sides of the machine, it's worth a try. If you put coal in the top hopper, it will most likely go into the wrong slot and not the fuel slot.

Vanilla-wise, fuel will feed in through the left side of the furnace, and 'smeltables' go in through the top.

Valgaav

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Immersive engineering Uranium Ore dictionared with the Extreme reactors yellorium in the Direwolf20 pack?
(currently having some launch issues otherwise I'd just check myself.)

L

Lumieth

I am currently planning to set up a private server for my clan and I am looking for a fitting modpack. Most of us don't have any mod experience, so I don' want a overwhelming huge and frustrating modpack and definitely not a tech-only one. But it should definitely have enough long-time motivation and not too easy. Any suggestions?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I am currently planning to set up a private server for my clan and I am looking for a fitting modpack. Most of us don't have any mod experience, so I don' want a overwhelming huge and frustrating modpack and definitely not a tech-only one. But it should definitely have enough long-time motivation and not too easy. Any suggestions?

Take a look at the FtB Direwolf20 1.10.2 pack for several reasons:

1) There are several ways to do things. You can get an idea how different mods work stand alone as well as with other mods.

2) Direwolf20 puts "Let's Play" videos on YouTube for each new pack where he plays using approximately 30 minute episodes (he just started the new one 12 or so episodes ago, currently running every other day). He also makes his generated world downloadable every 10 episodes so you can actually play what you've been seeing in the video.

3) He makes special videos highlighting each mod by itself. Usually he does complete descriptions of new mods with updates for existing ones but with version 1.10.2 he's decided to treat every 1.10.2 mod as if it's brand new. His packs are also built with as close to the developer's standard configuration as he can get, changing only things like recipe duplication.

After you get comfortable with Modded Minecraft you can explore some of the other packs. There are tech oriented, magic oriented, quest oriented and many other formats to explore but they sometimes heavily modify the configurations to fit a theme, make things harder, or make things easier. For me Direwolf20 is the best place to start.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use Refined Storage and AE2 in conjunction? By that I mean similar to a AE2 subnetwork - a Storage Bus from one on an Interface from the other and read the contents? Away from home, else I'd boot up and check for myself.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Is the Immersive engineering Uranium Ore dictionared with the Extreme reactors yellorium in the Direwolf20 pack?
(currently having some launch issues otherwise I'd just check myself.)
It is ore-dicted in the DW20 mod pack, partially. If you smelt Uranium Ore in the TiCo Smeltery (and most other furnaces), to create ingots, they will output as Yellorium.

(You can make Uranium Blocks from a TiCo Smeltery, but combining yellorium ingots just makes a yellorium block. Uranium Blocks break down into Uranium 238(?).)

However, if you process Uranium Ore in the IC2 Macerator, you will get Crushed Uranium Ore, which can be further processed either via the Ore Washing Plant (to make Purified Crushed Uranium Ore), or directly in the Thermal Centrifuge, to get Uranium 235 and Uranium 238. I'm going through this process right now on a Direwolf20 server, to make the IC2 Reactor, so I can attest it works.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
so it looks as if my 4-year-old video card has gone and died on me, how rude of it! i'm going thru minecraft withdrawl (hey, isn't a minecraft gaming addiction much better than an addiction to drugs or alcohol?)

what is the minimum requirement to play modded minecraft? my one attempt to fire it up resulted in nothing. there was no crash, there was no error message, the FTB app literally just vanished after I tried to run a modpack with it, which is probably because it couldn't access the 4 gigs of video RAM or whatever, the GPU is still in my rig but I can't install the drivers for it because if I do I get "kernal" error messages about the driver crashing non-stop, and I literally can't do anything.

so... can i run FTB just on the intel vga that's built into my motherboard? is there anything i can do to get my minecraft fix? LOL hey, I told you I was going thru withdrawl symptoms, so don't be too shocked at my question!

If you remove your broken GPU and start your computer it should start. If you can get the computer running look (in the FTB launcher) for FTB Retro pack. Its a minecraft 1.2.5 pack recently revived, if you can't play that then you need to get a new GPU, if you can play it you can either play along with the Direwolf20 Retro series or try your luck with newer minecraft versions

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I post bug reports for the Direwolf20 1.10 pack? I need to post a bug report for the Ender IO tanks not responding to redstone signal and the Github of Ender IO states to post the bug report to the pack author.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
According to the IC2 wiki,you find it at layers 40 and below. However,I take that with a grain of salt; The wiki's information is currently out of date on some matters,and,historically,IC2's had atrocious documentation. I've even disabled as many IC2 ore spawns that I could,and switched them over to other mods in the pack where I could,with IE being my preference. But tin? No mod lets me control that. Forestry and IC2 all have absolute minimum controls for their ores.

You know,it'd be stellar if every mod with worldgen components gave you the same options for its stuff that vanilla Minecraft gives you for world customisation. The whole idea behind modding,after all,is user-tailored customisation,is it not?
If NotEnoughResources exists for your version of MC, once you install it, it can tell you quite a bit about ore spawn levels, among other things. Just look up the recipe of an ore block in NEI; if NER knows about it, it'll give you a nice histogram showing where it spawns.

Although NER might only work with CoFH Core's worldgen system, so you may be out of luck.

You were correct in guessing I'm playing DW20 1.10 pack (with a couple mods added). I've gotten most of my gold from those pirate ships.. (super fun addition!) but world gen wise? meh....

I have yet to come across a Mesa Biome Mineshaft. More exploring I guess!

Okay, question here... Am I missing something, or is there an item like the Baubles Case from Botania that can hold lenses? I want to use my Mana Blaster for more than long distance torch throwing, but don't want to carry all the lenses around in my inventory. I know I could make a bag and use that, but I was wondering if there was something that would allow some functionality like the wand cap selector from Thaumcraft in 1.7?

Maybe the mod author will see this? Who knows :)
Can't the Mana Blaster itself hold six different lenses, which you can switch between with a right-click? It does in 1.7.10, at least; I suppose it could've changed sometime since.

Agricraft crops(1.7.10) grows at night? they have a penalty about it or it changes something with their stats?
Pretty sure (almost) all crops will grow at night, if there's a light source (such as a torch) near them. They won't grow quite as fast as they do in full sunlight, but they'll still grow just fine.

Is there a way to remove blocks from a world without launching it?
I got a crash (https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/dw20-1-10-02-world-crash.205200/)
For what I understand this is some EnderIO Conduit on an extra utilitie block... IF I could delete all extra utilitie blocks without launching the map this would help.. other wise no clue how to fix
I've used a program called MCEdit for this purpose in the past. It's a third-party program that lets you fly around in Minecraft worlds and edit the blocks therein. However, I've heard that at some point it started deleting any and all mod blocks in the world, which kind of defeats the purpose of using it to fix borked modded worlds. Also, I haven't heard mention of it in quite a long time, so I don't know if it still even exists.

Failing that, you could download a program that can read and edit NBT files (I use NBTExplorer), and poke around in the world save until you find the coordinates of the block that's crashing you. Slow and tedious, especially if you don't already know exactly what you're looking for, and likely to corrupt your world even more seriously if you do something wrong (make backups!), certainly, but it does work.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Quick question for Botania boffins; I'm trying to automate a Thermalily setup, and have a timer setup to activate a dropper, dropping lava buckets every eight minutes. Are there any blocks in the Direwolf20 pack that can drop a small quantity of lava upon signal, without having to have the lava in cells/buckets/etc.? I tried the Floodgate, but that was... not optimal.

We have a bucket-loading solution that automates bucket filling and retrieval, but I'm trying to simplify and expand the Thermalily field. Any suggestions?

(Reminds me that I haven't tried dropping wax cells of lava, to see if the Thermalily will consume them. I have a bee farm, and a major surplus of refractory wax, so I could bottle up some lava and see if that works. Hrm. o_O]

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Can't the Mana Blaster itself hold six different lenses, which you can switch between with a right-click? It does in 1.7.10, at least; I suppose it could've changed sometime since.

If it is, it's not clearly stated.. or I'm a total and complete derp... 9/10 times it's the latter ;)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Please ignore this absolutely silly question asked by someone that didn't look too closely at the actual recipe...

Bat in a golden lasso, ghast in a cursed lasso

I have no idea why I thought I needed a villager under contract...

Last edited: