Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Could be that I remember wrong and it's controlled by what's on the circuit (so the only farm that actually needs seeds is cocoa-farm -> only cocoa beans are allowed in there).
In case of pumpkins and orchard: They both don't need new seeds (since they're manual farms and you have to plant them yourself) that's why you cannot put them in there I think. Shouldn't be a problem, since pumpkins you only plant once and the agricraft-crops never loose their seeds either.

That's the reason I'm a bit unsure about the mechanic, used the farm too often with agricraft lately. But I guess in this case it's really just waiting till the cocoa-beans filled the seed-storage, then it should start putting any new ones in the output-slot.

Alright, thanks. I guess I'll just wait patiently. :)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding 1 dirt to five of the input slots. I believe this is a hold over from the fact that they can place & till in their defined area for you.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Hey,in the DW20 pack,which levels get IC2 tin spawns? It is literally the only practical ore in the entire modpack that I cannot locate in the config files; All I can do is either enable it,disable it,or muck with its spawn density,but never its layer locations.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hey,in the DW20 pack,which levels get IC2 tin spawns? It is literally the only practical ore in the entire modpack that I cannot locate in the config files; All I can do is either enable it,disable it,or muck with its spawn density,but never its layer locations.

I'm finding Tin at anything Y20+.... But it might just be luck, because I can't find gold in any quantities to save my life. I added Nether Ores to get some there.. :(

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I'm finding Tin at anything Y20+.... But it might just be luck, because I can't find gold in any quantities to save my life. I added Nether Ores to get some there.. :(

According to the IC2 wiki,you find it at layers 40 and below. However,I take that with a grain of salt; The wiki's information is currently out of date on some matters,and,historically,IC2's had atrocious documentation. I've even disabled as many IC2 ore spawns that I could,and switched them over to other mods in the pack where I could,with IE being my preference. But tin? No mod lets me control that. Forestry and IC2 all have absolute minimum controls for their ores.

You know,it'd be stellar if every mod with worldgen components gave you the same options for its stuff that vanilla Minecraft gives you for world customisation. The whole idea behind modding,after all,is user-tailored customisation,is it not?

W

WIldMoth1

I'm using mechanism solar generators and I'm was trying to upgrade to the advance one and then my gamecrashed and now solar generators are invisible

S

SkyZeLoli

Hi I'M quite new to ftb and I don't understand everything but I would like to know why some blocks aren't harvestable now while they were this morning for me, i'm really lost XD
upload_2016-12-12_23-15-25.png

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Well,it would help to know which modpack you're running... Because I don't know of ANY mod that slashes your max HP to six. But,that block in question is an Oreberry Bush,added by older versions of Tinker's Construct. Right click 'em to get some oreberries,which equal out to a nugget of the metal in question,each. They require absolute darkness to yield fruit,but they're a nice renewable supply of metals. And,last I checked,you CAN harvest them. By hand.

Really,the best I can offer you is to suggest you read as much documentation as possible; Tinker's Construct has a whole series of in-game manuals. Materials & You Volume 1,which you either spawn in with,or the game gives it to you early on in the TCon tech tree,should have a section outlining oreberries.

W

WIldMoth1

How do you get the rftools quarry to work I've got the shaped quarry card and did the dimensions but it doesn't ever mine anything

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

If you have problems with gold there are a couple of resources you can consider...

If you're near an ocean look around for a Quark Pirate Ship. Usually at least a stack of gold in one, counting both ingots and nuggets. There are usually 9 or 10 chests inside with other things like charcoal and fire charges. Also, there are dispensers on both broadsides that shoot fire charges and are loaded, if you collect that sort of thing.

If you are near a Mesa biome, there are now lots of mineshafts (Vanilla feature) that seem to specialize in gold at all levels. There are entrances in the sides of Mesas so you don't have to dig down to find one.

[Edit] I re-read @Cptqrk's post and realized he didn't specifically say he was playing Direwold20 1.10.2... If your pack has Quark the first option holds true and if you are playing MC 1.10.2 the second is true. I don't recall specifically what MC version Mesa Mineshafts were introduced.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Question about RFTools Dimensions. Is it possible to 'replace' the need for the Nether and End portals by using this mod? Also, just how much power would it take?
I don't mind having the Nether Portal around, but having a pigman walking through my base is getting annoying (nomatter what I do to keep them in the Nether).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Question about RFTools Dimensions. Is it possible to 'replace' the need for the Nether and End portals by using this mod? Also, just how much power would it take?
I don't mind having the Nether Portal around, but having a pigman walking through my base is getting annoying (nomatter what I do to keep them in the Nether).

Dunno about eliminating the portals, but a two-block-deep trench around your portal (or between the portal and the next door) will contain the pigmen. They aren't necessarily coming 'in' from the Nether - there is a chance for them to spawn on the bottom portal blocks in the Overworld.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
My solution is to just build my Nether portal away from my base. Close enough to be convenient,far enough to not hear it. Never had any invasive pigman problems.