Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the harvester to work? I placed one and powered it and everything but it didn't harvest the tree, and then I tried it with carrots and still nothing. I dunno what's going on but I depend on wood to run my operation so a swift reply would be very much welcome and appreciated. (Please no more turtle answers unless that's the only way).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the harvester to work? I placed one and powered it and everything but it didn't harvest the tree, and then I tried it with carrots and still nothing. I dunno what's going on but I depend on wood to run my operation so a swift reply would be very much welcome and appreciated. (Please no more turtle answers unless that's the only way).

Well, first, you need to use a turtle to--- Nah, just kidding.

I don't know, but turtles could likely help if you cannot figure it out any other way, heheh.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first, you need to use a turtle to--- Nah, just kidding.

I don't know, but turtles could likely help if you cannot figure it out any other way, heheh.
For right now, I just want to know why my harvester won't harvest anything, tree or carrot alike.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering if the xychorium soil, ice or water does anything. i can plant stuff on the soil block, but idk bout the rest. its hard to make, so it must do something.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering if the xychorium soil, ice or water does anything. i can plant stuff on the soil block, but idk bout the rest. its hard to make, so it must do something.
Believe the water block will change lava to obsidian without any risk to the block. Works well on tunnel bores.

Ice can be used with thermopile's to boost their output. Not sure what other use ice has :p -- freezes any water it touches... pretty cool.

soil can plant just about anything on it. It has more block updates the more of them you stack vertically -- plants grow a stage each block update, so this can supercharge the growth rate. Soil does not need water and ignores most of the vanilla planting rules, so you can make high density reed/cactus farm for example.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
For right now, I just want to know why my harvester won't harvest anything, tree or carrot alike.
this worked for me:
6C8aJpz.jpg

ALX1kME.jpg

Hole side seems to be chest. When powered there is a animated side -- seems to be the sawing part. Imagine these could be quite powerful with a filler replanting sapling for it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Xy Ice turns any water that touches it into ice, and can be used for very compact thermopile's. Xy water produces a infinite supply of water when set beside a XyCraft Multitank Valve and the valve is part of a complete tank. The one made from Red Gems is basically Netherrack that you don't need to go to the nether for(I heard it'll be more useful later), and the Liquid Void makes liquids which enter it never exist(much like BC Void Pipes, except the Liquid Void works only with Multitanks I think), the item IO is used actually for autocrafting things which require liquids, which as you know will empty from the bucket you have it in when you craft the item, meaning you have to go fill the bucket again, slowing down automatic crafting of that item. Using the item IO will allow you to autocraft any number of items which require, say, buckets of water. Combined with the Fabricator, which is basically a autocrafting table on steroids, meth, speed, and COCAINE! It crafts stuff really friggin' fast. I think it can automatically pull items out of a chest next to it, and has three redstone modes(craft like a junky until you give it a redstone signal, craft like a junky when you give it a redstone signal, and craft like a junky you have to wake up every time you want a new item with a redstone pulse)
Valves should be covered already, and if not, they are used to turn a bunch of blocks into a tank. Railcraft tanks can hold more for a tank of equal size IIRC, but Xycraft tanks are way cheaper, and have a dial which goes up to 11, where as Railcraft's dial only goes up to ten.(aka Xycraft Multitanks can be a bit bigger)

MY QUESTION IS, oh sorry, too loud? My question is "how the balls do I get baby villagers? I tried offing half a village once and they never made a single child, but I also once had a village making babies 24/7 once, for no reason. The second example was a long time ago, and was a vanilla bug, though, which had led me to believe that they(Mojang) had had all the Testificates Chemically Sterilized.[DOUBLEPOST=1363756112][/DOUBLEPOST]
this worked for me:
6C8aJpz.jpg

ALX1kME.jpg

Hole side seems to be chest. When powered there is a animated side -- seems to be the sawing part. Imagine these could be quit powerful with a filler replanting sapling for it.
The hole side is actually for pumping out sludge. The chest will work anywhere next to the harvester.
And yes, they are VERY powerful with a planter. Steves Carts tree farms? Pfft, I use Minefactory. Much faster, produces a handy byproduct, and hot damn is it easier.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack 8.2 : My Railcraft Steam Locomotive doesnt make a sound when it passes over a Whistle Track. :(

So far,
- powered whistle track with redstone signal (track obviously powered) - nothing.
- whacked the loco with a Tuning tool (left click, right click, shift-right click) - nada
- checked the railocraft config - sound is enabled.

Hmmph.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Xy Ice turns any water that touches it into ice, and can be used for very compact thermopile's. Xy water produces a infinite supply of water when set beside a XyCraft Multitank Valve and the valve is part of a complete tank. The one made from Red Gems is basically Netherrack that you don't need to go to the nether for(I heard it'll be more useful later), and the Liquid Void makes liquids which enter it never exist(much like BC Void Pipes, except the Liquid Void works only with Multitanks I think), the item IO is used actually for autocrafting things which require liquids, which as you know will empty from the bucket you have it in when you craft the item, meaning you have to go fill the bucket again, slowing down automatic crafting of that item. Using the item IO will allow you to autocraft any number of items which require, say, buckets of water. Combined with the Fabricator, which is basically a autocrafting table on steroids, meth, speed, and COCAINE! It crafts stuff really friggin' fast. I think it can automatically pull items out of a chest next to it, and has three redstone modes(craft like a junky until you give it a redstone signal, craft like a junky when you give it a redstone signal, and craft like a junky you have to wake up every time you want a new item with a redstone pulse)
Valves should be covered already, and if not, they are used to turn a bunch of blocks into a tank. Railcraft tanks can hold more for a tank of equal size IIRC, but Xycraft tanks are way cheaper, and have a dial which goes up to 11, where as Railcraft's dial only goes up to ten.(aka Xycraft Multitanks can be a bit bigger)

MY QUESTION IS, oh sorry, too loud? My question is "how the balls do I get baby villagers? I tried offing half a village once and they never made a single child, but I also once had a village making babies 24/7 once, for no reason. The second example was a long time ago, and was a vanilla bug, though, which had led me to believe that they(Mojang) had had all the Testificates Chemically Sterilized.[DOUBLEPOST=1363756112][/DOUBLEPOST]
The hole side is actually for pumping out sludge. The chest will work anywhere next to the harvester.
And yes, they are VERY powerful with a planter. Steves Carts tree farms? Pfft, I use Minefactory. Much faster, produces a handy byproduct, and hot damn is it easier.

Checked on the mod's thread and harvesters are better than i thought. They check for the base of something they can harvest in a 3x3 grid in front of them.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...s-mfr-23-powerconverters-netherores-and-more/

Default config the don't harvest high enough to clear big redwoods, but should take card of any oaks that spawn.

Liquiduct pulled out the sludge fine from the side, so it seems pretty flexible on input/output.

Example:
8rShyjM.jpg

planter underneath
L2XX0UN.png

Leadamse

Jul 29, 2019
I found a fantastic seed for FTB Ultimate that is basically perfect in every way, the best of every seed I've ever seen.

I load it into the client successfully... But when my friend started a server with it, the world was completely different! What gives?

I'm pretty sure we used the same settings for world generation.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I found a fantastic seed for FTB Ultimate that is basically perfect in every way, the best of every seed I've ever seen.

I load it into the client successfully... But when my friend started a server with it, the world was completely different! What gives?

I'm pretty sure we used the same settings for world generation.

completely or mostly?

The reason I say this is there are some parts of mods that randomize /after/ the seed. Things like RP2 volcano.

The other possible is how the seed is put in. Seeds are case sensitive so COOLSEED is totally different the CoolSeed.

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
What do I do with Manganese Dust? NEI has no clue either. Google hasn't helped.

(Ultimate Pack)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019

So they're powerful, but not powerful enough to harvest a redwood? Also, is it alright if I use copper cable and not that cable you're using in your screenshot?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If I only wanted to separate two items, would I still have to use diamond pipe?
Yes, it's the simplest way to separate items, especially if you're already using Buildcraft pipes. If you really don't want to spend two diamonds just on this, then what are the options... a Filter? If the items are in a chest or other inventory, you need a redstone pulse to extract items. Sorting Machines don't need an external pulse, but they do need Blutricity, so a Thermopile or Solar Panel would be needed (and make sure it's a Redpower panel, not an IC2 one, sorry if you already knew that). No, if this is all you want to do then a couple of diamonds are probably the thing. Diamonds are cheap these days, and you'll probably end up using the other 7 for something.

Xadneil

Jul 29, 2019
What should I do with a lot of wood? I set up a SC tree farm for the saplings for biomass, but I'm overflowing with wood. (I am just beginning this world, just have basic ore processing, storage, 1 biomass engine; Ultimate pack)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do I create a high max aura pure node? A link to a guide/video or explanation is appreciated!
Make sure you aren't too close to a non-pure node. Plant a Silverwood tree. Tap it with a Hoe of Growth or wait for it to grow. Cut it down and plant another Silverwood about 5 blocks away. The two nodes will merge to form a larger node. Repeat until node is huge. Watch future episode of Direwolf20 Season 5 for next step, which will show how to drag a nearby node over to merge with your now-larger Silverwood node. This process is from memory of watching a recent DW20 S5 episode. I get the impression that it will take a LOT of trees to get a decent sized node, I assume you have GOR to check the size of the nearest node that you could work up to merging with. A Flat Meadows Mystcraft age might be a good place to plunder for Silverwood saplings.