Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
is it effective to create eu using generators powered by coal received from a wither spawner over using non advanced solar panels?
Depends on what you mean by effective. If you're using GregTech, even non-advanced solar panels are very expensive to build (not in materials, but in machines, it needs late-tech machines to build chips). In contrast, a generator is very easy to build. Build a batbox so you can store excess EU.

Giga

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for letting me know my aura nodes are shit. I tried regenerating nodes twice, and I got chaos nodes (I think) both times. Built a machine to move a larger node from further away that wasn't chaos in close to the chaos node and merge them, but it didn't help, so I still have stupid high flux.

Is there an in-game solution to this? I don't think my seed likes nodes. =\

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thanks for letting me know my aura nodes are shit. I tried regenerating nodes twice, and I got chaos nodes (I think) both times... Is there an in-game solution to this? I don't think my seed likes nodes. =\

It's probably the lack of vegetation. Regions with lots of growing stuff have nice nodes. Barren wastelands have harsh nodes.

Try planting a thousand Silverwood trees using a Hoe of Growth. That should kill or cure. It would be nice if there were creative mode methods of manipulating aura, for example Super Silverwood saplings that make a 2x2 tree with a huge pure node, or 2x2 Chaoswood trees that spawn evil nodes.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
That is a LOT of silverwood saplings needed for such things. Perhaps something a bit more conservative, such as fifty trees would make more sense? Or even five?
I think Silverwood nodes are quite small, and natural chaos nodes can be big and overwhelm them, I think you need to build up a big pure node that can defeat the bad node. And, I was talking creative mode so quantity of saplings isn't an issue. Neither is quantity of turtles to plant them for you.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
And, I was talking creative mode so quantity of saplings isn't an issue. Neither is quantity of turtles to plant them for you.

Ah right, Creative mode.

And eh, it'd be easier to just have a few turtles filled with saplings and bonemeal instead of a whole bunch of turtles, if you're aiming for efficiency of time.

Although the best would be a turtle-building turtle system. Now that is something ComputerCraft needs to give us.

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first post :)

My simple question: Is there a way to get copious amounts of dirt without quarrying up the entire world?

Helpful details: I'm running on Mindcrack pack, on a server and we won't be adding in mystcraft so no quarry worlds. I'm needed lots and lots of dirt just to keep up with my new forestry multi-farm Arboretum (the 5x5x4 size). I'm doing the arboretum to produce saplings to produce loads of biomass to run MJ machines and produce enough excess biomass to turn into lava > thermal generators > power Matter Fab running around 2500 EU/T. I'm close to balancing all that production out now with various systems and additional multifarms, but the arboretum eats up dirt like crazy. Thus, my question.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
My simple question: Is there a way to get copious amounts of dirt without quarrying up the entire world?

Howdy, welcome to the forums.

If you don't already know, in-game, you can use NEI (the interface on the right hand side of the screen that displays items) to look up ways to use and make stuff. Press the "u" key to see the usage of an item (what it is used in), and press the "r" key to see the recipes to make it.

I'm not in front of MineCraft right now, but I don't think there is an easier way to get loads of dirt disregarding quarrying it up. But check NEI to make sure. Good luck!

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy, welcome to the forums.

If you don't already know, in-game, you can use NEI (the interface on the right hand side of the screen that displays items) to look up ways to use and make stuff. Press the "u" key to see the usage of an item (what it is used in), and press the "r" key to see the recipes to make it.

I'm not in front of MineCraft right now, but I don't think there is an easier way to get loads of dirt disregarding quarrying it up. But check NEI to make sure. Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply. Yea I'm not in front of MC either right now. I did something derpy last night creating dirt. I made a peat bog, however it essentially takes dirt to make dirt lol. I didn't calculate it, but I'm pretty certain it's at a loss. Peat is a nice additional power source, but I'm obsessed with getting dirt atm, so I scrapped that idea. I know UU matter can make grass, but since I am wanting UU matter to make iridium right now that's not appealing.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I know UU matter can make grass, but since I am wanting UU matter to make iridium right now that's not appealing.

I believe you can use the IC2 macerator to macerate a plantball to make dirt, and plantballs are pretty easy to make in large amounts.

Otherwise, what about scrapboxes? It's around 10% chance to get dirt, and you may end up with some shinies for the trouble as well.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Peat bogs used to be a good source for dirt. You would get back 8 dirt for every 4 dirt + 4 sand you made into bog earth.

You can make sand from cobble, so that input was unlimited.

Not sure how the new forestry farms do peat bogs. Hopefully it is still dirt positive. It probably makes the bog earth for you in the multifarm and outputs spare dirt and peat?

The other option is through IC2 plantballs. You can make these in an autocrafting table out of just about any plant material. Most things it is 8 of the material per 1 plantball, macerate or pulverize plant ball to get 1 dirt.

You can get plantballs from centrifuging some things as well -- believe it was mostly the rubber products.

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can use the IC2 macerator to macerate a plantball to make dirt, and plantballs are pretty easy to make in large amounts.

Otherwise, what about scrapboxes? It's around 10% chance to get dirt, and you may end up with some shinies for the trouble as well.
10% chance? Oh my! I will try that for sure tonight. With my quarries going I have barrels and barrels of cobble I couldn't bear to toss in the void pipe, so I have plenty of recyclables.

Plantballs! I totally forgot about them. If I remember it's either centrifuge or macerate them. I'll check it out after work tonight and let you know how it works out. Maybe I can grow sugarcane on sand to make plantballs. I've got room for more multifarms as I plotted out 4 large and 4 medium with a central processing core. I'm currently only using 2 large and 1 medium since I'm short on copper to make more farm blocks.

Thanks so much :D

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
10% chance? Oh my! I will try that for sure tonight. With my quarries going I have barrels and barrels of cobble I couldn't bear to toss in the void pipe, so I have plenty of recyclables.

Excellent!

Plantballs! I totally forgot about them. If I remember it's either centrifuge or macerate them. I'll check it out after work tonight and let you know how it works out. Maybe I can grow sugarcane on sand to make plantballs. I've got room for more multifarms as I plotted out 4 large and 4 medium with a central processing core. I'm currently only using 2 large and 1 medium since I'm short on copper to make more farm blocks.

Yeah, I think industrial centrifuging will work, but it is much slower.

Good luck!

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how the new forestry farms do peat bogs. Hopefully it is still dirt positive. It probably makes the bog earth for you in the multifarm and outputs spare dirt and peat?
Maybe I'll attempt to math it out (ewww math) or just test and see. It's set up, but I turned the power off. The way the new peat bogs work is you have to supply it with bog earth already, water and fertilizer, so I hooked up a carpenter to the system to feed it with bog earth using my by-product mulch from apples, and sand from the arboretum. Maybe it was dirt positive. That would be cool. It fits with my "growables for power" theme.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to have Nether bees operate in the overworld?

I tried adjusting both the temperature and humidity tolerance of my fiendish bees using serums, but it seems that doesn't really make a difference. Is there any way to achieve this?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use the Acclimatizer? Or whatever it's called? May cost you a few...waters. And ice. And lots of MJ and time. I usually get issues with normal cultivated bees not liking their environment. So I have to replace the apiary. That could be a problem for you. Actually...

Anyone know how to fix a bug in SSP Ultimate in which bees don't like their environment besides replacing the apiary?

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I used the Inoculator and Serum Vials. I never made the Acclimatizer; I skipped straight to the Inoculator, which as far as I know can do everything the Acclimatizer can. Is the Acclimatizer different in any way?

I wasn't aware of that bug with apiaries (although I'm playing in DW20, not Ultimate), I will try replacing the Apiary I guess and see if that works. Thanks for replying. :)

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
Can you find Emeralds in ExtraBiomesXL biomes? There are no Extreme Hills nearby, and I would really love to make a Tinker Table. Im on the DW20 pack without Gregtech, so I can't use UU-Matter to craft an Emerald.