Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
If you have problems with gold there are a couple of resources you can consider...

If you're near an ocean look around for a Quark Pirate Ship. Usually at least a stack of gold in one, counting both ingots and nuggets. There are usually 9 or 10 chests inside with other things like charcoal and fire charges. Also, there are dispensers on both broadsides that shoot fire charges and are loaded, if you collect that sort of thing.

If you are near a Mesa biome, there are now lots of mineshafts (Vanilla feature) that seem to specialize in gold at all levels. There are entrances in the sides of Mesas so you don't have to dig down to find one.

[Edit] I re-read @Cptqrk's post and realized he didn't specifically say he was playing Direwold20 1.10.2... If your pack has Quark the first option holds true and if you are playing MC 1.10.2 the second is true. I don't recall specifically what MC version Mesa Mineshafts were introduced.

You were correct in guessing I'm playing DW20 1.10 pack (with a couple mods added). I've gotten most of my gold from those pirate ships.. (super fun addition!) but world gen wise? meh....

I have yet to come across a Mesa Biome Mineshaft. More exploring I guess!

Okay, question here... Am I missing something, or is there an item like the Baubles Case from Botania that can hold lenses? I want to use my Mana Blaster for more than long distance torch throwing, but don't want to carry all the lenses around in my inventory. I know I could make a bag and use that, but I was wondering if there was something that would allow some functionality like the wand cap selector from Thaumcraft in 1.7?

Maybe the mod author will see this? Who knows :)

V

Viperion

Thanks all for the bee advice. In the end I just walked 3,000 blocks south and found my jungle.

In related news, I really dislike mods that make it harder to get vanilla mechanics, like this Bee mod seems to do. Why bother finding and breaking "dozens" (a quote) of hives in the hope of getting the right bee, and then having to breed a ton of bees, to get what you want? If the vanilla way is easier, you've got a bad mod. (IMO, of course)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'M quite new to ftb and I don't understand everything but I would like to know why some blocks aren't harvestable now while they were this morning for me, i'm really lost XD
View attachment 30933

Well,it would help to know which modpack you're running... Because I don't know of ANY mod that slashes your max HP to six. But,that block in question is an Oreberry Bush,added by older versions of Tinker's Construct. Right click 'em to get some oreberries,which equal out to a nugget of the metal in question,each. They require absolute darkness to yield fruit,but they're a nice renewable supply of metals. And,last I checked,you CAN harvest them. By hand.

Really,the best I can offer you is to suggest you read as much documentation as possible; Tinker's Construct has a whole series of in-game manuals. Materials & You Volume 1,which you either spawn in with,or the game gives it to you early on in the TCon tech tree,should have a section outlining oreberries.
There is a chance this is an issue with your version of Walia not having correct harvest levels for some things. Without knowing the pack and mod versions it's impossible to say for sure. Maybe your pack adjusted the harvest levels for whatever reason?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,I'm pretty flush with resources in the DW20 pack,and I'm setting up Botania stuff before I head into the Nether. I plan on using a few Endoflames for my early mana,and I want to (semi) automate them. The problem being,I'm a redstone fool. I can't even set up a piston door. Anyone know of any decent resources for me to reference the automation of an Endoflame?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Check the what cool things have you discovered thread. someone just posted a link to a botania tree farm and at the end of that tutorial they show how to easily set up the endoflames :)

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/th...hing-have-you-discovered-today.44874/page-165

That's... Pardon my foul language,and quoting of Egoraptor,but that's f<REDACTED>ing genius! And the kicker is,I can set a bunch of these up,with each farm producing charcoal for a different purpose.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
This multifarm is driving me crazy. (Again I'm playing Infinity Evolved.) I set up a larger farm with mostly gourds, have a tesseract supplying it with water and power, piping the pumpkins/melons out and a stack of fertilizer in there that, as far as I can tell, it hasn't even touched. But my humus keeps turning to sand, sometimes even kicking the seeds out of the stalks when it does. I've had to resort to manually replacing all the sand blocks with normal tilled dirt (it doesn't seem to touch that). It's harvesting everything fine except on the one side that's not set up for it, but I really would like to know why it's not refertilizing my dirt.

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft crops(1.7.10) grows at night? they have a penalty about it or it changes something with their stats?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks all for the bee advice. In the end I just walked 3,000 blocks south and found my jungle.

In related news, I really dislike mods that make it harder to get vanilla mechanics, like this Bee mod seems to do. Why bother finding and breaking "dozens" (a quote) of hives in the hope of getting the right bee, and then having to breed a ton of bees, to get what you want? If the vanilla way is easier, you've got a bad mod. (IMO, of course)

Forestry is a mod that offers alternative ways of getting essentially infinite resources. It can be a bit daunting to get into, yes, although I found the BeeHappy pack to be a pretty good tutorial. And honestly, the Valiant Bee is one of a very few bees that require that level of 'chance' to find (the others being the Monastic line, which you trade with Villagers for, and the Steadfast, which shows up in dungeon chests.) Any other 'Hive Bee', you find the hive, you get the bee. The 'bred' bees have defined pedigrees and 'recipes' in NEI.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I decided to shelf DW20 for now,and moved onto,or rather,back to,Regrowth. Largely because I enjoy the tangible sense of progression,and its structured nature. I recall there being a thread dedicated to the pack; Does it still exist? I did a quick site search for it,and couldn't find it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I decided to shelf DW20 for now,and moved onto,or rather,back to,Regrowth. Largely because I enjoy the tangible sense of progression,and its structured nature. I recall there being a thread dedicated to the pack; Does it still exist? I did a quick site search for it,and couldn't find it.

Yep. Here.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

I've had a love/hate relationship with bees for a long time ....mostly I loved to hate bees. But I actually got a better understanding and possibly respect for bees when I played the Retro pack recently. Don't get me wrong "vanilla" bees (without access to Gendustry) is a time intensive process - but it was designed to be just that and the reward is (I believe) meant to be the process not the bee drops.

I am working through bees in the DW20 pack now and I keep looking for Gendustry for 1.10.2 but I'm not sure if I will install it. It's not always about finding the 'I win' button.

Reactions: rhn

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i see changelog for Direwolf20s 1.10.2 modpack?
If your using the Curse launcher - click anywhere in the rectangle that is not the play button, the next screen will have play, refresh and versions buttons top left, click on versions. You can then use the drop down option to view each version and the list of changes.

M

MrMilti

Still looking into Infinity Lite 1.10.2 and I still have a question:
There are some recipes i.e. in Immersive Engineering, that require Aluminum, like HV Wires. But since the second beta release, bauxite ore is set to not spawn in the world. (in config file, the vein size is set to 0).
So how am I supposed to craft these things with no possibility to get aluminum?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You could edit the config to allow Bauxite...

In the new Direwolf20 pack the original configuration, if I read it correctly, allows 2 blocks/chunk and that's about what I found. Then I made changes to what I think changed the veinsize to 4 and that seems to have worked... I get plenty of bauxite now. Of course, without Natura Redwood trees I'm no longer building in a single chunk, usually using 9 or so and the Bauxite seems to like spawning near the surface.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Still looking into Infinity Lite 1.10.2 and I still have a question:
There are some recipes i.e. in Immersive Engineering, that require Aluminum, like HV Wires. But since the second beta release, bauxite ore is set to not spawn in the world. (in config file, the vein size is set to 0).
So how am I supposed to craft these things with no possibility to get aluminum?

Honestly, I'd report that to the mod-pack designers. That looks like a whoopsie to me.

V

Viperion

I am working through bees in the DW20 pack now and I keep looking for Gendustry for 1.10.2 but I'm not sure if I will install it. It's not always about finding the 'I win' button.
It's not about "I win" buttons as such, just that my personal philosophy on "will I use this mod" is based on either of the two following criteria:
  1. Does the mod do something you just can't do in vanilla (e.g. Tinker's Lumber Axe, Auto-Smelting, Angel Blocks)
  2. Does the mod make something you can do in vanilla, easier (e.g The EnderIO SAG mill, Tinker's Pick, the Botania Alchemy Catalyst, Conveyor Belts)
That second one is kind of hard to define but generally if I have to spend more time doing (thing x) than I would just doing it the vanilla way, I'll just do it the vanilla way.

I am absolutely against "grindy" mods that have you do the same thing over and over again hoping the RNGesus smiles on you, or that you need 4,000 of something before you can do anything useful in the mod.

My 2c, of course, and off topic for this thread (for which I apologise)

singapore123

Jul 29, 2019
I was starting out with Direwolf20's modpack today, and then I decided to add Pam's Harvestcraft as I didn't enable BiomesOP's world generation in my world :C. However, even though I transferred the config files from Hermitpack, the ID numbers of the items were different. Nothing major, but I was curious, does Forge now assign item/block IDs to mods when added so as to prevent mod clashes?

EDIT: Also, there doesn't seem to be any food/saturation indication on each item, as in like bread restores 5 hunger and 0.8 or something saturation. In the HermitPack, these numbers will be visible when hovering over an item and holding down shift. Which mod enables this functionality?

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Also, there doesn't seem to be any food/saturation indication on each item, as in like bread restores 5 hunger and 0.8 or something saturation. In the HermitPack, these numbers will be visible when hovering over an item and holding down shift. Which mod enables this functionality?
Maybe some plugin for JEI, I'm not sure.
Also, there exists a mod "Extended Item Information", which includes this functionality and retrieves info from other types of items as well.