Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how the biomes translate to vanilla ore generation -- if at all.

Fastest way for an emerald should be a villager. Take some wheat and paper with you and you should be able to find a trade to get at least an emerald.

Reactions: Guswut

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how the biomes translate to vanilla ore generation -- if at all.

Fastest way for an emerald should be a villager. Take some wheat and paper with you and you should be able to find a trade to get at least an emerald.
True^

But if you like to find your emeralds by mining, I've found them in the redrock biome and forested hillls. I'm beginning to think any biome that is quite hilly like extreme hills are you'll find them. I haven't dug in the glacier area by my base yet, but I'm betting they are there.

Reactions: Guswut

Draconix

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but what does everyone do with all their nikolite? I have barrels of the stuff and never found a good use for it. Recycler?
I hate IC2 solar panels, although greg makes them troublesome to obtain, I find it too OP once you have them. Instead, I use all my nikolite to make RP solars and I convert that to MJ with the motors. Then I use Etho's lava conversion technique to get my EU. :p

That's how cool people waste time use solars.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Can you find Emeralds in ExtraBiomesXL biomes? There are no Extreme Hills nearby, and I would really love to make a Tinker Table. Im on the DW20 pack without Gregtech, so I can't use UU-Matter to craft an Emerald.
Yes, you can, from what I've found in the *hills biomes.
D'oh, Peppe and Berry got here before me. Ah well, go team answer!

Reactions: Berry

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I thought MFRL Harvesters were capable of harvesting Wood.
MFR Harvesters understand the same things, that the planter can plant. According to the MCF thread, the planter can plant EBXL trees, so the harvester should be able to cut the tree down.

Question: Does your havester have enough power?
It's the one that's just called "harvester" and it is apart of Minefactory Reloaded. The red power bar is filled all the way up and has it's own dedicated batbox. If that wont cut down redwoods, what will?

RuiGomes

Jul 29, 2019
I have something like 20k buckets worth of Biofuel stored in tanks and I would like to use that to power my Matterfabricator. What's the best way to go?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles will!
As awesome as turtles are, I'd want to use them like Sethbling does, but I'd need a ready supply of bone meal which I don't have. I'd like to make it look as complicated as possible, you know? Just to make myself feel like I did more than just punch blocks.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
As awesome as turtles are, I'd want to use them like Sethbling does, but I'd need a ready supply of bone meal which I don't have. I'd like to make it look as complicated as possible, you know? Just to make myself feel like I did more than just punch blocks.

You can use sulfur goo to grow trees, which is easily obtained via sulfur torches. You should get a LOT of it if you make a large room filled with them.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You can use sulfur goo to grow trees, which is easily obtained via sulfur torches. You should get a LOT of it if you make a large room filled with them.
But I was really hoping to get some conveyor belts... Is there anything that will harvest a full tree, like the harvester? But for redwoods? Something not a turtle?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I have something like 20k buckets worth of Biofuel stored in tanks and I would like to use that to power my Matterfabricator. What's the best way to go?

Biofuel for a Matterfab? I think you should just use a Bio Generator. Or maybe if you have a Liquid-fueled Boiler up, you can use it to power that and use a Steam Turbine.

Note that there could be more efficient ways, but these are the best ones I can think of off the top of my head.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

If you are still producing biofuel, I'd recommend a 36HP Steam Boiler setup, attached to a pair of Steam Turbines for 2x100EU/t plus surplus steam for 2xIndustrialSteam Engines (16 MJ)

The latest Railcraft update reduced the rate of damage to turbine blades and included a cheap repair recipe.

If you dont want to build and maintain so much infrastructure, perhaps take a look at Combustion Engines. No warm up period and a steady 5MJ/t per engine on biofuel. 6 engines will power one Magma Crucibles producing lava from cobble paired to thermal generator for EU (from memory, GT's Thermal generator will produce 30K EU at 24 EU/t)

RuiGomes

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate the rotor repair?
And do Steam Turbines output 100EU/t? Because in this page it says "Turbine IC2 output decreased to 50 EU/t;"

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Even more? :p

lol. did I stuff that up? :)

The damage rate changed from 1/150 to 1/200 (now something like 80+ hours per turbine blade thingy.)

I only play three hours a night, so half a stack of steel for maintenance every month or so is pretty trivial. I actually enjoy doing a little upkeep and the Steam Turbines look way cool. imho.

Is there any way to automate the rotor repair?
And do Steam Turbines output 100EU/t? Because in this page it says "Turbine IC2 output decreased to 50 EU/t;"

Thats probably out of date. Its 100 EU/t in Mindcrack 8.2

No way to automate replacement that I know of, so I placed on each turbine a structure pipe/gate and amber lamp which lights up when they reach 40% durability. Looks cool too.

edit to add: the railcraft page says 100Eu/t. In the trivia section it talks about a reduction in earlier version :)