Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 just did this in the latest forgecraft video. He's got his crystal processing/purification all automated.

See link:

Yes, I had seen that. But I'm doing it in the DW20 pack. I'm not sure what version they're using and whenever I try to define the purity it comes up with variable not defined

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I know the Tanks got fine-tuned when Mcjty released the most recent RF Control update.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Since I'm on my "Mainly immersive engineering and forestry"-playing in the DW20 pack a question about the Diesel-generator:

- Is there any trick of letting it run for an excavator with "normal" farming or is it mostly a "Wait till capacitor is full, let the excavator run for a minute and then wait till the capacitor is full again"-game?

While it might be understood this way, this is not against immersive engineering's balance. For me it's quiet fun to play this way without the easy ways of ore doubling and all :).
I just can't seem to find a way to farm enough ressources for the "1 seed + 1 sugarcane/melon/apple per second to let it run all the time".
So is the Diesel-generator all about "Find the most OP way of farming somehow in a modpack" to let it run?

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yes, I had seen that. But I'm doing it in the DW20 pack. I'm not sure what version they're using and whenever I try to define the purity it comes up with variable not defined

Remember that the Forge Server is mainly a testing platform for new and updated mods. You might want to check to see if the mod has been updated but not yet in the DW20 pack, and update it yourself if the newer version is available.

Reactions: Psychicash

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Since I'm on my "Mainly immersive engineering and forestry"-playing in the DW20 pack a question about the Diesel-generator:

- Is there any trick of letting it run for an excavator with "normal" farming or is it mostly a "Wait till capacitor is full, let the excavator run for a minute and then wait till the capacitor is full again"-game?

While it might be understood this way, this is not against immersive engineering's balance. For me it's quiet fun to play this way without the easy ways of ore doubling and all :).
I just can't seem to find a way to farm enough ressources for the "1 seed + 1 sugarcane/melon/apple per second to let it run all the time".
So is the Diesel-generator all about "Find the most OP way of farming somehow in a modpack" to let it run?

I think Direwolf used the Industrial Hemp seeds with sugar because they grow faster and are more productive, but that was on Forgecraft.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know where a pastebin is for a psi light spell for helmet. that places the light source at your feet. I have one but it places it where i am looking and it interfere with hammer while mining. It places it where i hit with hammer.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is getting stuck in your bed after sleeping through the night a Vanilla 1.10 bug, or is it a mod conflict of some kind?

D

Desu

Is it possible to disable auto refilling of craft components when shift-clicking in ME Crafting Terminal?

e.g. i want to craft exactly 8 of redstone blocks. I set the recipe for 8 redstone blocks, shift-clicking it and terminal crafts 64 of redstone blocks instead of 8 because i have excess redstone in ME system.
This feature is annoying for me, can i disable it somehow?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it possible to disable auto refilling of craft components when shift-clicking in ME Crafting Terminal?

e.g. i want to craft exactly 8 of redstone blocks. I set the recipe for 8 redstone blocks, shift-clicking it and terminal crafts 64 of redstone blocks instead of 8 because i have excess redstone in ME system.
This feature is annoying for me, can i disable it somehow?
The whole point of it, is that it automatically pulls from the network. In your case you could simple set the pattern for one item(or shift click a recipe from NEI) and then pull out how many you want, one at the time. Or you could set up the pattern for the item, then you can order a precise amount. Or pull out the ingredients and have a normal Crafting Table next to it. :p

PS: for something like Redstone Blocks, I would recommend attaching a Drawer Controller(Storage Drawers) to the ME network by a Storage Bus, and then use Compacting Drawers to store your redstone. That way you have easy access to both dust and blocks. Works the same for metals (nuggets, ingots and blocks), glowstone, quartz etc.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
The Pump by Ranged Pumps takes forever to get to lava.
I put it right next to a lava pool but it just wont get to scanning the lava blocks
Is this supposed to take so much? Should I just claim the chunk (or use a chunk loader?) and forget about it for a while?

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Yet another question... Clothing. I see that there are clothing mods out there, but I don't believe Direwolf20's recent pack has it. How can I change my in game clothing? I kind of figure I need to manipulate some file within the game, but not sure which one it would be. Presently searching online as I post as well.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yet another question... Clothing. I see that there are clothing mods out there, but I don't believe Direwolf20's recent pack has it. How can I change my in game clothing? I kind of figure I need to manipulate some file within the game, but not sure which one it would be. Presently searching online as I post as well.

If I understand what "clothing" you're talking about, those are actually whole new character skins. Various websites will sell you skins, or if you get lucky somebody will design one for you... Just be careful as many of the sites have never heard of malware protection. The only in-game player clothing I'm aware of are armors of various types and maybe robes or radiation suits that come with various mods that make use of them.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Thanks. I found a site that had skins. Novaskins I believe. Maybe one of these days I will look into designing one of my own.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Dw20 1.10 pack... loving it... but other than the ender io trans thingie is there any other way to transmit rf across dimensions?

W

WildMoth

I'm playing the Direwolf20 Modpack and I'm trying to make a enderman farm where I can stand under a two block tall platform and look at enderman but when I do this the enderman come to me and then teleport me out from under the two block tall platform.
Is there a mod that is causing this to happen.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I'm playing the Direwolf20 Modpack and I'm trying to make a enderman farm where I can stand under a two block tall platform and look at enderman but when I do this the enderman come to me and then teleport me out from under the two block tall platform.
Is there a mod that is causing this to happen.
Quark does. I believe it's a config option.

Reactions: PierceSG