Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a good idea to make a base on top of the nether? (above the bedrock)

Pros:

Noobs won't know how to find you.

Can build epic and fast railroad.

Cons:

Ugly brown shading on grass and leaves.

Unable to place water until you have UU-matter.

No scenery.

Ghasts trying to spawn on your roof, constant ghast sounds from below.

Beds explode.

It is possible to become stuck.

------------------

It is a bad idea IMHO.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have a slight problem with my melee turtles...even though it has a zombie right in front of it, it is not attacking.
I had the same problem, I think there's a bug. I had to move the turtle underneath the mobs and attackUp(). It works if the mobs are pushed towards the turtles by water, but not if they are just dropped in front.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I want a Redstone timer that is on for 2 minutes every 10 minutes, best way to do this?

Leadamse

Jul 29, 2019
I just have 2 questions.

1 - If crafting table III were to fixed, updated and re-released, would it be implemented into ftb.

2 - What is the alternative to liquid and regular teleport pipes?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Set a Timer to 10 minutes, and feed that through a State Cell set to 2 minutes. I think. Not done exactly this but I think that's what a State Cell does, it extends a signal for a length of time.

Careful with long running timers and state cells. They reset to zero on global time changes, such as:
- Sleeping in a bed
- Using the /time set console command
- NEI in cheat mode limiting the time of day to certain sun/moon phases

I just have 2 questions.

1 - If crafting table III were to fixed, updated and re-released, would it be implemented into ftb.
2 - What is the alternative to liquid and regular teleport pipes?

1 - You could suggest it in this thread.
2 - Tesseracts, from Thermal Expansion.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get my MFE to power my machines without them blowing up?

While it is true that there will always be someone who's happy to help you, I imagine that for every minute of Minecraft you play, you spend 10 minutes asking a question and waiting for an answer on the forums. Is that even fun at all?

By contrast, if you had read the following, many of the Industrialcraft related questions you've ever asked would have been resolved without having to wait:
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=EU
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Cable#Cable_Efficiency
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Tutorial:Wiring

And, as for the answer to your current question:
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=LV_Transformer

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

Depends on the machine, if a machine can accept higher than 128 eu/p it won't blow up, for the info of machines limitation, search it in the wikis. If the wiki doesn't give you that information, test it first in creative.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Either run the power through an LV Transformer as already suggested, or add a Transformer Upgrade to each machine. Note that the Canning Machine has no upgrade slots and so you have to use an exernal LV Transformer. Also, be very careful with the Transformer Upgrades; if you pick one up by accident in the interface, BOOM.

343N

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the easiest way to get emeralds? I want pages for lava lakes, and always day (so I can suck lava, and put my own infinitely expanding HV solar array) at the moment I've been using UU-M but I want to use it for my HV factory now (as its only being powered by like, 40 geos and 1HV right now)

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Large Hills in the Twilight forest or Trading is the easyest way for emeralds I think.

The easyest way to get /pages/ is to go to any mystcraft world and fly around looking for the library structures. Do it in an eernal day flat world with a biome with no trees for mega easyness.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean Hollow Hills? I've not found any in the four or five hills I've found, but I've not poked around much below floor level in them. Should I go back and excavate them down to bedrock?

I've been though around six hallow hills, two large at least that I can remember, and I don't remember any emeralds either. I did not tear them apart, as by that time resources weren't really required, so it may be that there are a few emeralds hiding in them. I'd love to see someone figure that out, eh?