Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Question

Jul 29, 2019
Can I power my magma crucible with redstone engine?

How can I make my chest put netherack in magma crucible and how do I make lava go to geothermal generator?

Thanks

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Can I power my magma crucible with redstone engine?

How can I make my chest put netherack in magma crucible and how do I make lava go to geothermal generator?

Thanks

1) Nope, but you can use a stirling engine powered by coal.
2) Use BC pipes; connect a wooden one to the chest and power it with a redstone engine and then connect to the input (orange face) of the magma crucible.
Same thing for lava and the geothermal but you'll have to waterproof your pipes with cactus dye or beeswax.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
A redstone engine puts out 0.05 MJ/t. A magma crucible uses 30 MJ/t, so nope. You don't have to give it the full 30MJ/t but it'll run slow unless you do. To pull from the chest into the crucible you need to use either a wooden pipe from BC or a filter/transposer from RP. The wooden pipe can be powered by a redstone engine, or an autarchic gate. You can also stack some hoppers(BC) on top, or relays(RP), and fill them with netherrack. To pipe the lava out, use either BC waterproof pipes, or TC liquiduct.

Edit:Ninja'd by the BLOB! AAAHHHH!

Also, no need for wooden pipe to get the lava out, TC machines spit out their product without one.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I hook up my batbox to power my compressor? I put a copper cable leading into every face of it and It's not receiving power.

EDIt; It seems like nothing is working. My compressor, and electronic furnace just won't take power. Is it the cable? The power type? I'm just using a bat box and some copper cable. Also, what's the machine that gives you three rubber for one resin, and things similar to that?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I hook up my batbox to power my compressor? I put a copper cable leading into every face of it and It's not receiving power.

EDIt; It seems like nothing is working. My compressor, and electronic furnace just won't take power. Is it the cable? The power type? I'm just using a bat box and some copper cable. Also, what's the machine that gives you three rubber for one resin, and things similar to that?
Batboxes have one output face, which you can set with a wrench or electric wrench. It'll have a dot in the middle of it. All other faces will be input. For IC2 power blocks, no dots is input, 1 dot is output. The machine for getting 3 rubber per resin is the extractor.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Just some basics, most of which are known to you, I assume, but I just want to be sure:
- The output side of the BatBox (and MFE and MFSU) is the one that looks different, because it has an orange dot. All other five sides are input sides.
- Try to keep the length of (insulated!) copper cable between source and drain to a max of 4, or else you will lose some energy.
- Power sources (like the Generator and the Geothermal Generator) can output their power from all their sides.
- Power drains (like the Compressor or the Macerator) can receive power from all their sides.

Does your BatBox have energy stored? Is it an IC² BatBox and not the one from RP2?

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

jg727

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get items out of the steves carts gargo manager/distributor automatically. I have a system of pumps and pipes to supply items to the system, but I am unable to pull any items from the manager. I am using redstone engines and piping. I have been unable to find any solutions on the web

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything to crush ores that can't be crushed into the macerator, or should I just smelt them all in a normal furnace?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything to crush ores that can't be crushed into the macerator, or should I just smelt them all in a normal furnace?

Some things such as cinnabar ore can only be macerated (last I checked, this MAY change!), and other things are better dealt with via the industrial grinder (much more advanced form of the macerator, gets more stuff per single ore block). You can also always check the usages of something by hovering your mouse over it, and pressing the 'u' key.

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

David Chambers

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get Uranium apart from mining? My friends working on bees, but apparently that's going to take a while. I have lots of UU-Matter if theres anything to do with that.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
ANyone KNow anything about the Treasure Enchant Traumcraft 3 adds? I put Treasure 3 on my Wand of Excavation and I dont really notice much of a differnece... My Fortune 3 pick on the other hand I can easily notice the difference..

Does Treasure use the same formula and the Fortune enchant or do you get less?

Thanks

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
ANyone KNow anything about the Treasure Enchant Traumcraft 3 adds? I put Treasure 3 on my Wand of Excavation and I dont really notice much of a differnece... My Fortune 3 pick on the other hand I can easily notice the difference..

Does Treasure use the same formula and the Fortune enchant or do you get less?

Thanks

I might be wrong here as I have not played to much with that enchantment myself. But I am to understand that it helps with getting the new ore cuslters things.

I'm sure Im worng about this is some way.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong here as I have not played to much with that enchantment myself. But I am to understand that it helps with getting the new ore cuslters things.

I'm sure Im worng about this is some way.

Hmm maybe I read it wrong thenn... Hmm.. I tried putting fortune on the wand and it didnt let me tho.. Now I gota go back and read the thauminomicon again
EDIT" Ok I went back and read the thing: it says "Treasure: This enchantment functions like the fortune enchantment."

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a great need to get the Xyc.. the red shard things that all look the same but are different colors? They are very common and take up a ton of space, so can I just ignore them?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a great need to get the Xyc.. the red shard things that all look the same but are different colors? They are very common and take up a ton of space, so can I just ignore them?

Sure. But relize the most recent update adds new blocks that use them. Stuff like tanks and other odd ulity blocks. Machines are coming down the pipline too soon.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
New update, you say?

Yes...and I vary much love the new blocks. The XY Ice is just really handy for my thermopiles. And the void block has a buch of nice uses. like hovering lava lamps.

I think the viewing glass is form the recent XY update but I might be wrong. But I love that too 8 glasas 1 iron for 8 sweet looking glass that you can put stuff on!

EDIT:
I think this is the most recent Spotlight about it

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Yes...and I vary much love the new blocks. The XY Ice is just really handy for my thermopiles. And the void block has a buch of nice uses. like hovering lava lamps.

I think the viewing glass is form the recent XY update but I might be wrong. But I love that too 8 glasas 1 iron for 8 sweet looking glass that you can put stuff on!

EDIT:
I think this is the most recent Spotlight about it

Do I have to update the whole mod pack, or how does that work? I also have an update for Applied En. and I dunno how to update things.

Badjr

Jul 29, 2019
With the addition of the multifarms in forestry, and with them being almost nonrenewable; I've been sticking with the old farms. Anyone know if those will be disabled ever?