Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
how far can BC lasers be away from the table and what is the max lasers per table i am needing a huge amount of chipsets at a decent speed
"Laser will automatically begin working on a nearby energy consumer (for example an Assembly Table) that is no more than four blocks from the Laser."

Directly quoting from FTB Wiki

Do note that lasers do not have to be in the line-of-sight of the Assembly Table (or whatever block you need), so you can put lasers directly behind lasers

MIkal_Bishop

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ininfity Evolved.. How do I enable TE machinces. I have a lot of time into the pack, I hadn't played for a while and a lot of theTE machines are not available outside of creative after I updated. I cant' craft them. I have tried to find the configuaration for it but have so far been unsuccesful. I am running the server version

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nether Quartz is "minecraft:quartz" ... I think the actual entry for Silicon is "ore:silicon", though ISTR that you might want to be more specific and use things like "appliedenergistics2:eek:reSilicon" (or whatever it actually is - I can't recall right now and don't have the time to go dig through my configs to find out)

Holding the Silicon Ingot in my hand gave something like 'automation:material:7' - I might go back and try using the text-editor to try getting it that extra step of the way, but the critical aspect of having a thing that should work available for use is settled.

On to writing quest-texts!

MIkal_Bishop

Jul 29, 2019
I have one from a previous build. I can pull it in creative. I can see the recipe in creative. But out of creative even if I have all the parts I can't make it. If I hold the shift key over the item is say disabled. Most of the TE machines are.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have one from a previous build. I can pull it in creative. I can see the recipe in creative. But out of creative even if I have all the parts I can't make it. If I hold the shift key over the item is say disabled. Most of the TE machines are.
You could try the command "/mt reload". If the problem is caused by Minetweaker being a derp, this will fix it; if it's TE being a derp, rebooting the server should fix it; otherwise... I dunno.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a method for destroying junk tinkers' items that isn't the extra utilities trash can? In 1.7.10. (Parts and such can just be tossed into lava, but completed tools and weapons are immune to it.)

This should work - A chest connected to a dimensional transceiver, transferring to a dimensional transceiver in the end that is attached to a open crate that drops them to the void, remember to chunk load.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
how far can BC lasers be away from the table and what is the max lasers per table i am needing a huge amount of chipsets at a decent speed

From what I saw in the Direwolf20 expert skyblock series about 4 blocks away and the max is too many for any reasonable person, I think Soaryn had about 100, might have been more

About 13 minutes in you see it

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
crossroads heating cruicble. says it can make lave but how? i have it over netherrack but it won't let me put cobblestone in it

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some sort of Goggles of Revealing amulet, or am I stuck with that piece of headgear (or Botania/Blood Magic combo)?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
No goggles of revealing amulet AFAIK, you can also combine them with a dark steel helmet, thaumium helmet(non fortress one) if you have Thaumic Tinkerer and can combine it with Thaumium(/Shadow metal/Void(Tainted Magic items)) Fortress Helmets.

Reactions: Ashendale

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
How are you supposed to set up the Immersive Engineering pump to pump lava? It was powered and I tried every position (directly over the lava, in the lava) and had the side connected to the pipe set to output but it still refused to pump. :confused:
And I tried a redstone signal too.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How are you supposed to set up the Immersive Engineering pump to pump lava? It was powered and I tried every position (directly over the lava, in the lava) and had the side connected to the pipe set to output but it still refused to pump. :confused:
And I tried a redstone signal too.
I think you need to swat it with an IE hammer on the correct side(s) so it does something.