Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

mariamolly

Hello. Could someone help me find out why I can't flood this area? The Fountain only outputs one bucket and stops. I tried the BC Floodgate but it does exact the same thing. They just don't work after the first cycle. I changed their position several times.

pAP9BdU.png

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Could someone help me find out why I can't flood this area? The Fountain only outputs one bucket and stops. I tried the BC Floodgate but it does exact the same thing. They just don't work after the first cycle. I changed their position several times.
Are there blocks underneath where the water blocks are supposed to go?

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019

pAP9BdU.png
That's correct behaviour for an MFR fountain. No idea about the BC floodgate, though I believe EnderIO's Fluid Plenisher will work.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

Not sure about the fountain. But the BC flood gate will only fill to its level. So it must be on the top level of space you are trying to fill. So if you are trying to fill a 4x4x4 hole with water you need to place the BC flood gate in the top layer of the hole.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hm, other than MFR's Laser drill and beeeees, what infinite ore generation is there in Crackpack?

Ore Sheep *blinks* Yee-eah. o_O
Hmmm. Those aren't really automatable, are they? And they seem to be glitched.

Basically I'm currently looking for a means of producing ores that isn't the boring old Laser Drill.

Hm... I suppose there's the orechid as well, but I've done that before, too.

Hadn't seen the glitch - and with the mod-coder off on a two-year hiatus, that might be a while getting fixed. If not for that, I could envision some kind of cobble-gen feeding automation combined with an autominer (looks like you need a pickaxe to 'shear' them.)

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
This should work - A chest connected to a dimensional transceiver, transferring to a dimensional transceiver in the end that is attached to a open crate that drops them to the void, remember to chunk load.
I'm not sure thats a good idea. I think someone found that if you drop the tinker's tools into the void, they dont just vanish but keep falling forever as they don't despawn and the void does not damage them.. Eventually it causes errors.

A very very roundabout way is i think zombies can pick them up. Then just capture the zombie in something (mfr net, ender io vial, etc) and just burn that item.

M

mariamolly

That's correct behaviour for an MFR fountain. No idea about the BC floodgate, though I believe EnderIO's Fluid Plenisher will work.
Oh I thought it pumped water endlessly like the floodgate. Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately the Fluid Plenisher is not available on this pack (forgot to mention I'm using FTB:IE).

Not sure about the fountain. But the BC flood gate will only fill to its level. So it must be on the top level of space you are trying to fill. So if you are trying to fill a 4x4x4 hole with water you need to place the BC flood gate in the top layer of the hole.
Yeah but it doesn't even fill correctly in survival. I easily did what I wanted on creative mode. But anyways thanks for the replies. I managed to fill the area with the floodgate by moving it around and filling the water little by little... sigh. At least is doesn't need power.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
fBRBkSy.jpg

SkyFactory 2.5.4

What is this and how do I make it go away? D:
from botania normally only if ur using one of 2 very special rings (ring of loki or ring of aesir)

1 possible solution: "Shift right click with an empty hand on the highlight block again to unselect it."

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
fBRBkSy.jpg

SkyFactory 2.5.4

What is this and how do I make it go away? D:
Are you wearing any of the relic rings from Botania? The omnipresence ring and the ring of the Aesir do weird things, including highlight bounding boxes, that I've never really gotten a handle on when you click stuff while wearing them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thank you, what is the purpose of it anyway?
It can be used to mark several positions and then build(or break with some Botania tools) all the places at once.

Like if you want to build 7 pillars, you can mark the locations and then only have to manually build one.

Problem is just how it is triggered. The shift+click interferes with many other mods shift+click actions.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
It helps to link to your thread, like this: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/botania-help.167744/.

I'm not particularly well-versed in setting up Sparks in Botania, but I'll leave your link up so that someone who is will be able to check it out.
thread not found , though i can try to blindly help: sparks are quite weak without spark augments (elven knowledge ) without them sparks can only do terrasteel agglomeration or mana enchanting
recess spark augment: goes on an input pool of source this typical where spreaders are dumping mana
dominant spark augment will pull from any other spark besdies another dominant or an isolated

to place a spark simply right click the spark on it (i think) only certain botania blocks can hold sparks mana pools are the primary one that can as well as the mana enchanter (i think)and terrestial agglomeration plate

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
thread not found , though i can try to blindly help: sparks are quite weak without spark augments (elven knowledge ) without them sparks can only do terrasteel agglomeration or mana enchanting
recess spark augment: goes on an input pool of source this typical where spreaders are dumping mana
dominant spark augment will pull from any other spark besdies another dominant or an isolated

to place a spark simply right click the spark on it (i think) only certain botania blocks can hold sparks mana pools are the primary one that can as well as the mana enchanter (i think)and terrestial agglomeration plate
Minor correction: Recessive and dominant sparks will only push or pull to/from sparks with no augments at all. If you've got two sparks within range of each other, one with a dominant spark and the other with a recessive, they will not interact with each other at all. You need an unaugmented spark on a pool within range of both.

There's also the dispersive augment, which will fill mana tablets in the inventories of nearby players. It's a bit like EnderIO's wireless charger. Dominant sparks definitely can't pull from sparks with this augment; I'm not certain offhand if recessive sparks can push to them.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Minor correction: Recessive and dominant sparks will only push or pull to/from sparks with no augments at all. If you've got two sparks within range of each other, one with a dominant spark and the other with a recessive, they will not interact with each other at all. You need an unaugmented spark on a pool within range of both.

There's also the dispersive augment, which will fill mana tablets in the inventories of nearby players. It's a bit like EnderIO's wireless charger. Dominant sparks definitely can't pull from sparks with this augment; I'm not certain offhand if recessive sparks can push to them.
Recessive pushes to non-augmented or Dispersive. Dominant only pulls from non-augmented.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

either way ive always had a cluster of mana pools that had un-augmented sparks and then some pools with dominant sparks

as for the Dispersive spark i did not mention it because it feels its useless compared to having a mana mirror bound to a dominant sparked pool

S

ServerLagger™

Will the other tier 2 tools from tico1 be integrated back into tinker's construct 2 ( for example the scythe, the battleaxe and the bows? Did boni say something about this?

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
So, playing on a DireWolf20 server, I built a MFR Harvester, thinking I should finally automate my rubber tree farm. The Planter part of the farm seems to work fine, but the Harvester... is psychotic. At first it looked normal, cutting down trees in a smallish area. So I opted for an upgrade, and incautiously installed a diamond upgrade. Yowza! Wood flying everywhere!

After the Harvester cut down most of the forest in the biome, I tried to reduce the area of harvest. First I put in an iron upgrade, instead of the diamond. Still cut down everything in sight. Then I picked up the Harvester, stored it away, and built a new one. Now the new one is chopping down trees in random chunks roughly in a straight line away from the cutting surface. A long straight line. At last view; four chunks away. WTF?

Is there some trick to using a MFR Harvester on _just_ a small area? The thing is like Frankenstein's monster.