Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I know they did nerf the thermal foundation metals. But I recall direwolf needing to put w ton of redstone on his crossbow (ie:es) to get a fast drawspeed. And this was pre-nerf

Also, Hypnotizd sometimes leaves out details that he assumes everyone knows about... I'd bet the redstone thing is the answer as Direwolf20 never assumes everyone has seen the important processes before, as far as I can tell.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Also, Hypnotizd sometimes leaves out details that he assumes everyone knows about... I'd bet the redstone thing is the answer as Direwolf20 never assumes everyone has seen the important processes before, as far as I can tell.
Dire made his crossbow out of pink slime, not signalum. Whether because he considered signalum bows to be insanely overpowered and avoided them on principle, or because he didn't have ExtraTiC in his pack or just didn't know about it, I do not know.

Reactions: Pyure

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the wiki no matter what material you use... The fastest draw speed is .25 regardless. And that stands for both pink slime and signalum

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - I'm down to this one config issue. I'm trying to get Galacticraft to recognize another item as equivalent to Raw Silicon. There's a handy setting for it in the config file. The item in question is the Silicon Ingot from Inductive Automation, but at this point, I'll settle for Nether Quartz (as you 'cook' Nether Quartz in the Advanced Furnace to get the silicon ingot, so it's essentially 'raw' silicon.)

Using shift, control, alt, or any combination of those in NEI does not provide me with the item names. I suspect this may be a feature of some 'developers' tools'.

I'm not even certain if I'm entering the item name into the config correctly, since 'itemquartz' and even just 'quartz' (taken from the vanilla Minecraft wiki) show no change in the recipe image for the basic wafer. I could be wrong, but I would have thought that I'd see a flip-flop between the Raw Silicon and the 'alternate silicon' images.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You can get the name with the combination F3 + H, which makes items display all kinds of extra info.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You can get the name with the combination F3 + H, which makes items display all kinds of extra info.

That shows the item ID number (I'm in 1.7.10). The durability info is handy, though. The config specifically asks for the ore dictionary name. I was able to get an ore dictionary name for Nether Quartz (gemQuartz), but when I enter that into the config, it tells me to restart Minecraft (understandable), and then promptly reverts back to Silicon_Ingot.

EDIT: For some reason, making the change in the on-screen config editor doesn't stick, but editing the actual CFG file in a text editor does. I've gotten it to accept Nether Quartz, which is frankly good enough for me right now.

Last edited:

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a method for destroying junk tinkers' items that isn't the extra utilities trash can? In 1.7.10. (Parts and such can just be tossed into lava, but completed tools and weapons are immune to it.)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a method for destroying junk tinkers' items that isn't the extra utilities trash can? In 1.7.10. (Parts and such can just be tossed into lava, but completed tools and weapons are immune to it.)
BC void pipe? You don't need to bother with the wooden pipes, EnderIO conduits etc. will connect to the Void Pipe.

Steampunkr

Jul 29, 2019
You could also put the tools in some sort of bag or something similar and just throw the bag into lava

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Burying it in a hole?
Functionally no different than sticking it in a chest. That said, the options I had available to me were all 'functionally' the same: leave it in a chest, leave it on the ground where I found it, or dig a garbage pit down to bedrock to toss things in. I just don't like to litter, I guess?
Not good for TC stuff. Apparently (according to incidents I've seen in videos), they don't despawn. Cactus pit might work...
Yeah, they seem to be immune to any kind of damage ticks, cactus too. Didn't try TNT yet, actually, but I assume it all kind of works the same.

I did like the idea of creating a bag, stuffing the junk in it, and destroying the bag. Not quite the no-cost option of the trash can but still pretty cheap resource-wise. Not 100% sure how clean that is programmatically, though. I suppose the in-bag items still kind of exist in the save but are rendered permanently inaccessible?

Another question: are there any mods that change the 'tick' when the player takes damage? Not just the sound (which I assume could simply be tweaked through a resource pack) but the 'flinch'? Not looking for gameplay changes like immunity, only an aesthetic one.

D

dshadowwolf

Okay - I'm down to this one config issue. I'm trying to get Galacticraft to recognize another item as equivalent to Raw Silicon. There's a handy setting for it in the config file. The item in question is the Silicon Ingot from Inductive Automation, but at this point, I'll settle for Nether Quartz (as you 'cook' Nether Quartz in the Advanced Furnace to get the silicon ingot, so it's essentially 'raw' silicon.)

Using shift, control, alt, or any combination of those in NEI does not provide me with the item names. I suspect this may be a feature of some 'developers' tools'.

I'm not even certain if I'm entering the item name into the config correctly, since 'itemquartz' and even just 'quartz' (taken from the vanilla Minecraft wiki) show no change in the recipe image for the basic wafer. I could be wrong, but I would have thought that I'd see a flip-flop between the Raw Silicon and the 'alternate silicon' images.

If you have Minetweaker installed, try '/mt hand' with the silicon in-hand.

It's actually the easiest way I know of to get the name.

D

dshadowwolf

That shows the item ID number (I'm in 1.7.10). The durability info is handy, though. The config specifically asks for the ore dictionary name. I was able to get an ore dictionary name for Nether Quartz (gemQuartz), but when I enter that into the config, it tells me to restart Minecraft (understandable), and then promptly reverts back to Silicon_Ingot.

EDIT: For some reason, making the change in the on-screen config editor doesn't stick, but editing the actual CFG file in a text editor does. I've gotten it to accept Nether Quartz, which is frankly good enough for me right now.

Nether Quartz is "minecraft:quartz" ... I think the actual entry for Silicon is "ore:silicon", though ISTR that you might want to be more specific and use things like "appliedenergistics2:eek:reSilicon" (or whatever it actually is - I can't recall right now and don't have the time to go dig through my configs to find out)

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
how far can BC lasers be away from the table and what is the max lasers per table i am needing a huge amount of chipsets at a decent speed