Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Well thanks to this discussion I have confirmed that the mod causing the visual issues is NEI.

Yes, in the NEI options I discovered Creative+ button. I pressed it but it didn't change anything. Also, even tho I was in "/gamemode 1" (creative mode), NEI did not let me pull items from the "items screen" and place them in my inventory. Perhaps that is why Creative+ mode was suggested above, but I was unable to figure out how to activate it.

But here was my key moment of discovery. I saw NEI Options has a large button, "Disable NEI". LOL So I pressed it, and returned to my game. Guess what? No more visual glitch with the clouds, with the sun, and with the world lighting. Everything was perfectly normal! Re-enabling NEI caused the effect to return.

So I'm getting somewhere. Perhaps the answer is just to remove NEI, but that's a mod I've always felt was kind of manditory for modded, no? Since I'm having a lot of trouble with the mod, perhaps it's worth a try to remove it and see how the game plays without it.
I remember there once being a bug very similar to what you describe with your visual bug which was triggered by NEI having to render certain boss mobs thanks to spawners. However I believe that this bug was fixed ages ago.
Oh, and you can disable and enable NEI by pressing "o".

As for the being unable to pick items from the NEI menu, that is a weird one. Make sure cheats are enabled on your world and NEI is set to cheat mode.

Reactions: asb3pe

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Well thanks to this discussion I have confirmed that the mod causing the visual issues in my self-made modpack is NEI.

Yes, in the NEI options I discovered Creative+ button. I pressed it but it didn't change anything. Also, even tho I was in "/gamemode 1" (creative mode), NEI did not let me pull items from the "items screen" and place them in my inventory. Perhaps that is why Creative+ mode was suggested above, but I was unable to figure out how to activate it.

But here was my key moment of discovery. I saw NEI Options has a large button, "NEI Enabled". So I pressed it, changed it to "NEI Disabled", and returned to my game. Guess what? No more visual glitch with the clouds, with the sun, and with the world lighting. Everything was perfectly normal! Re-enabling NEI caused the effect to return.

So I'm getting somewhere. Perhaps the answer is just to remove NEI, but that's a mod I've always felt was kind of manditory for modded, no? Since I'm having a lot of trouble with the mod, perhaps it's worth a try to remove it and see how the game plays without it. Why would just a few of us be having this issue with NEI, but not everybody (since nobody else has chimed in agreeing they have the same problem)? Maybe it's a conflict between NEI and some other mod that not everybody installs?

NEI has all but disappeared for newer versions of MC, at least since 1.9.4 and been replaced with JEI (Just Enough Items). I don't know if the same person(s) wrote and support it but I have not experienced any of the issues described yet.

As to the "Creative+" mode of NEI, you have to enable it like you would the time/weather change icons. I used to disable "normal" creative and activate Creative+. I don't remember how to do this as it's been nearly a year since I played 1.7.x packs :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I remember there once being a bug very similar to what you describe with your visual bug which was triggered by NEI having to render certain boss mobs thanks to spawners. However I believe that this bug was fixed ages ago.
Oh, and you can disable and enable NEI by pressing "o".

As for the being unable to pick items from the NEI menu, that is a weird one. Make sure cheats are enabled on your world and NEI is set to cheat mode.

Now that you mentioned that, it *IS* the same effect as when you encounter a chunk with one of those King Slimes in it... the world suddenly grows dark... know what I mean? Yeah, you hit the nail on the head! But I think King Slime mobs are from Tinker's Construct, maybe? I don't even know if that matters, but that's the effect... so what you're saying is, NEI has to render the mob in order to render it's spawner as one of the NEI items... makes perfect sense. So the reason it happens when I open a vanilla chest is because the NEI icons appear off to the right side of the screen any time there is an inventory...

Bingo! I think you just solved the issue. Well, I'm here to tell anyone who cares that the bug isn't fixed. Not that anybody cares about 1.7 mods or modpacks anymore. Maybe I can find a way to disable King Slimes from my pack and see if that fixes the problem (just remove that mod temporarily and see if the effect is gone).

I just put together a 1.7 modpack because I can't play a modpack that doesn't have Thermal Expansion machines, and CoFH hasn't gotten around to updating their stuff for 1.10 yet. I did assemble a 1.10.2 modpack via Curse, but when I played it, it didn't feel complete to me, it felt like there was still too much stuff missing. I know everybody else has moved on up to 1.10.2 packs, but I'm still not ready. I live in my own little world, and I like it that way, that's why I love Minecraft. :D

Reactions: Piripács

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I just put together a 1.7 modpack because I can't play a modpack that doesn't have Thermal Expansion machines, and CoFH hasn't gotten around to updating their stuff for 1.10 yet. I did assemble a 1.10.2 modpack via Curse, but when I played it, it didn't feel complete to me, it felt like there was still too much stuff missing. I know everybody else has moved on up to 1.10.2 packs, but I'm still not ready. I live in my own little world, and I like it that way, that's why I love Minecraft. :D

CoFH is the reason I'm putting together a 1.7 pack, myself (although I'm just using Thermal Dynamics out of that set.) Keeping an eye out for the updates.

And the nice thing is, if I want to load up the original Ag Skies, I could probably do that too.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I know everybody else has moved on up to 1.10.2 packs, but I'm still not ready. I live in my own little world, and I like it that way, that's why I love Minecraft. :D

Not everyone my server is running infinity normal mode v2.5.0

I feel the same way when MC moves up in version numbers. I wait until at least a month or so after an "official" release before I even look at new packs

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Now that you mentioned that, it *IS* the same effect as when you encounter a chunk with one of those King Slimes in it... the world suddenly grows dark... know what I mean? Yeah, you hit the nail on the head! But I think King Slime mobs are from Tinker's Construct, maybe? I don't even know if that matters, but that's the effect... so what you're saying is, NEI has to render the mob in order to render it's spawner as one of the NEI items... makes perfect sense. So the reason it happens when I open a vanilla chest is because the NEI icons appear off to the right side of the screen any time there is an inventory...

Bingo! I think you just solved the issue. Well, I'm here to tell anyone who cares that the bug isn't fixed. Not that anybody cares about 1.7 mods or modpacks anymore. Maybe I can find a way to disable King Slimes from my pack and see if that fixes the problem (just remove that mod temporarily and see if the effect is gone).

If it is indeed triggered by rendering the King Slime, then it should not occur when the item panel on the right does not show the King Slime Spawner (such as when you search for something else). Then, with that confirmed, you should be able to use the Item Subsets feature (the long button at the top center of your inventory screen) to hide that particular spawner from the main item panel. You'll need to find the spawner in the subsets menu (probably listed under Vanilla or Tinker's Construct somewhere), then click on it (or double-click, right-click; not sure offhand) so that it turns gray. The spawner will no longer appear on the item panel, thus preventing the king slime from rendering and fixing the issue.

I remember a similar issue happening where the boss health bar would appear after viewing an NEI page with the enderdragon spawner on it. Above, I basically described the workaround proposed for that bug.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If it is indeed triggered by rendering the King Slime, then it should not occur when the item panel on the right does not show the King Slime Spawner (such as when you search for something else). Then, with that confirmed, you should be able to use the Item Subsets feature (the long button at the top center of your inventory screen) to hide that particular spawner from the main item panel. You'll need to find the spawner in the subsets menu (probably listed under Vanilla or Tinker's Construct somewhere), then click on it (or double-click, right-click; not sure offhand) so that it turns gray. The spawner will no longer appear on the item panel, thus preventing the king slime from rendering and fixing the issue.

I remember a similar issue happening where the boss health bar would appear after viewing an NEI page with the enderdragon spawner on it. Above, I basically described the workaround proposed for that bug.

You are a genius, and thanks for the help! It turns out it was the vanilla Minecraft Wither Boss spawner. I used Item Subsets button to turn it off, and VOILA! Problem is solved (it would seem). Fan-freakin-tastic!!

Thanks to everybody who helped me get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it!!

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
If my memory is working correctly, there is no way to keep the altered mining levels, only modified. You can either have the altered levels with the whole "needs a mob head" bit or you can have the default setup. This is in 'Modules.cfg' - the 'Harvest Level Tweaks' (B:HarvestLevelTweaks) setting.

Thanks for replay, but defenetly not that I needed. I already know about that; the "HarvestLevelTweaks" is always set to true, and I think that is the default setting. You know, Iguana Tweaks is mainly about leveling tools...
Maybe you missed the previous posts, that I was problem with the Certus Quartz - Charged Certus Quartz mining levels, because default you can harvest the Charged one with a simple Iron pick, but the normal plain Quartz cannot mined just with am Obsidian level pick. And thats makes no sense.

Anyway; meanwhile I asked about this in another forum, and I got the correct answer. You can change all the mining levels of all ores and anything.
In the Modules.cfg you have to set the "Override" to TRUE. And next time you start Minecraft it generates a bunch of new config files, and in those files you can set everiything. Like harvest levels of ores (this is what I needed), blocks. Or the default harvest levels of the materials. Or you can set anything how the bonus modifiers work. Or even change the names of the harvest levels.
So in one of those config files I found the harvest level of Quartz and changed it a way that I think it must be; mine the normal Certus Quartz with lower tier pick, and the Charged one with higher level pick, not the opposit way, what is the default.

S

Stoannn

In the forgecraft2 season 10 series, Dire used a handheld item on some of his processing machines that seemingly increased the speed at which they were working. Anyone know what mod this is from?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Also, even tho I was in "/gamemode 1" (creative mode), NEI did not let me pull items from the "items screen" and place them in my inventory. Perhaps that is why Creative+ mode was suggested above, but I was unable to figure out how to activate it.
You are not in NEI Cheat mode. Go in to NEI "Options" (theres a button in the bottom right corner) and than "Inventory". And there you need to change the mode to "Cheat mode" than NEI will pull items into your inventory, a stack by default. You can change how many items you want, in the bottom left corner, where is a number 0 (zero) by default that means a stack. Just click on it and type the desired number.

Not that anybody cares about 1.7 mods or modpacks anymore.
It isn't true! I am interested! :D
I just put together a 1.7 modpack because I can't play a modpack that doesn't have Thermal Expansion machines, and CoFH hasn't gotten around to updating their stuff for 1.10 yet. I did assemble a 1.10.2 modpack via Curse, but when I played it, it didn't feel complete to me, it felt like there was still too much stuff missing. I know everybody else has moved on up to 1.10.2 packs, but I'm still not ready. I live in my own little world, and I like it that way, that's why I love Minecraft.
You are like me, I still playing 1.7.10!
First - not all the mods that I want to play are update.
Second - I have a so old PC (Core2QuadQ6600 with 4GB RAM) that simply unable to run ANY OFFICIAL 1.7.10 or newer packs. So I put together myself too a modded 1.7.10 with a very-very-very limited number of mods, that my crappy PC can handle, so I can live in my own OLD little world too! YEEY! ;)

I don't know what horrible thing happened when Minecraft come to 1.7.10 but in 1.6.4 if there is more than 200 mods in a pack I can happily play with them, but if I update all of those mods to a 1.7.10 version, Minecraft start lagging and my 64bit Linux start swapping after 3 seconds when entering a world...
I hope this is fixed in newer versions...
(To be hones I'm not brave enough to even try to start anything newer, because once I started the Unstable 1.10.2 and...I see a thing that last time I saw sometime around in the 90's under DOS: a game crash with a "run out of memory" error..o_O:confused::mad:)

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Please help my crash log https://jpst.it/ML_-
It from ftb infinity skyblock help?

Get rid of your resource pack and use the default one

Try what Moasseman said, and play without any texturepack, resourcepack.

Are you playing on a laptop?

I foud this in your crashlog, and I think this is the core of your problem:
"OpenGL: Intel Bear Lake B GL version 1.4.0"

This kind of onboard GPU isn't designed for gaming.
And I alwas thought my 4 year old graphic card, an nVIDIA GTX650 is so outdated, but it can support OpenGL 4.3. You really need a better GPU...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In the forgecraft2 season 10 series, Dire used a handheld item on some of his processing machines that seemingly increased the speed at which they were working. Anyone know what mod this is from?
You're thinking of either the Acceleration Staff from Roots or the Acceleration Wand from NotEnoughWands. Dire uses both.

Reactions: Everlasting2
D

dshadowwolf

In the Modules.cfg you have to set the "Override" to TRUE. And next time you start Minecraft it generates a bunch of new config files, and in those files you can set everiything. Like harvest levels of ores (this is what I needed), blocks. Or the default harvest levels of the materials. Or you can set anything how the bonus modifiers work. Or even change the names of the harvest levels.
So in one of those config files I found the harvest level of Quartz and changed it a way that I think it must be; mine the normal Certus Quartz with lower tier pick, and the Charged one with higher level pick, not the opposit way, what is the default.

Ah, see... I did not know that because I kinda like the default mining-level setup and have always just turned off that set of tweaks. Thanks for the information!

stry67

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on a private Infinity Evolved server. Im using normal mode and..did tinkers crossbows get nerfed in regards to draw speed? I made a crossbow entirely with signalum and heat string and the draw speed is over 5 seconds where as Hyptonized made the same one on a vid posted in Dec and his draw speed was under .5 second. If so, is there now a better alternative combination for a faster draw speed?

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I know they did nerf the thermal foundation metals. But I recall direwolf needing to put w ton of redstone on his crossbow (ie:es) to get a fast drawspeed. And this was pre-nerf