Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm pretty sure Forge dynamically assigns modded block IDs based on worlds, so IDs are not consistent amongst worlds.

Don't quote me on this though
I think you're right... IIRC Dynamic block IDs were introduced in 1.7 while maintaining the static ID setup, then Dynamic IDs were removed in 1.8.

I would have thought that two worlds created with the same roster of mods would have the same assignments, though...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Nope. It's different every world made

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th

The Dynamic Block ID system is based on load order... The only guarantee is that Vanilla MC occupies the first block of IDs (the same ones they had in Vanilla).

The only way to assure that two worlds have identical IDs is to try and load mods in the same order, but then you might run into problems if one mod is off by a version. Best practice in my mind would be not to trust that a block has the same ID that it had before a change is made. That's why I delete all worlds when I start a newer version of a pack.

Call me paranoid... I know you want to :D

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nope. It's different every world made

The Dynamic Block ID system is based on load order... The only guarantee is that Vanilla MC occupies the first block of IDs (the same ones they had in Vanilla).

The only way to assure that two worlds have identical IDs is to try and load mods in the same order, but then you might run into problems if one mod is off by a version. Best practice in my mind would be not to trust that a block has the same ID that it had before a change is made. That's why I delete all worlds when I start a newer version of a pack.

Call me paranoid... I know you want to :D

Well, persistence pays off. I narrowed down the range and finally found it at 443. Didn't seem to have any sort of additive relation to other GC ID numbers, though, so it took a little longer than I expected. (But, I can be a stubborn little git at times.)

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods try to download several files from webpages that doesn't even exist!
I don't know what are those files and which mod is doing that, and I really don't care and don't what to bother to find out, because luckily the game works without it.
The problem is; the loading of Minecraft hangs at that point for so long, that it takes about 5 MINUTES to start Minecraft!

First I thought the game is crashed, but I did not see any indication of that in the consol. It just "freezed", and once I already run into this same thing that a mod tried to download a file, and I need to be patient. (At that time it just 1 or 2 minutes.) So I waited. And after about 5 minutes(!!!) the game finally loaded.
Now it's drives me crazy, because I have to open a webbrowser to look for help in a mod that I'm not familiar with.
Problem is, that Minecraft already use 90% of my PC's 4 giga RAM, so I have to close it every time I have to look at the web, because if I not, the system run out of memory and start to swapping like hell and at the end I have to force reboot. So I have to close and reopen MC every time. And that 5 minute...AAARRRGHHHH!!!:mad:
I think I already wasted few hours with this...:(

So, is there a way to set the timeout of that thing to minimal, so it does not try to download a file from a page that doesn't even exist?
I really hope it is possible...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Some mods try to download several files from webpages that doesn't even exist!
I don't know what are those files and which mod is doing that, and I really don't care and don't what to bother to find out, because luckily the game works without it.
The problem is; the loading of Minecraft hangs at that point for so long, that it takes about 5 MINUTES to start Minecraft!

First I thought the game is crashed, but I did not see any indication of that in the consol. It just "freezed", and once I already run into this same thing that a mod tried to download a file, and I need to be patient. (At that time it just 1 or 2 minutes.) So I waited. And after about 5 minutes(!!!) the game finally loaded.
Now it's drives me crazy, because I have to open a webbrowser to look for help in a mod that I'm not familiar with.
Problem is, that Minecraft already use 90% of my PC's 4 giga RAM, so I have to close it every time I have to look at the web, because if I not, the system run out of memory and start to swapping like hell and at the end I have to force reboot. So I have to close and reopen MC every time. And that 5 minute...AAARRRGHHHH!!!:mad:
I think I already wasted few hours with this...:(

So, is there a way to set the timeout of that thing to minimal, so it does not try to download a file from a page that doesn't even exist?
I really hope it is possible...
I think I have seen this before. If you google it you can find sources for the two APIs/whatever that it is trying to download. Simply DL them manually and put them in your installation and you will not experience the loading pause any longer.

EDIT: It is the "commons-codec-1.9" and "commons-compress-1.8.1" it is trying to download, right?

Last edited:

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have seen this before. If you google it you can find sources for the two APIs that it is trying to download. Simply DL them manually and put them in your installation and you will not experience the loading pause any longer.
Meanwhile I look closer to the consol and already try google it, but those files are NOT APIs.
Once I have that problem too, and yes, what you say is fix that, but this is not that case.
Now this files are some TXT files and they are doesn't exist anywhere else, and the webpage that I see in the console does not exist.

My only hope if I can lower the timeout, so it doesn't take 5 or more minutes...
(Or try to find another mods to play with...:D)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Meanwhile I look closer to the consol and already try google it, but those files are NOT APIs.
Once I have that problem too, and yes, what you say is fix that, but this is not that case.
Now this files are some TXT files and they are doesn't exist anywhere else, and the webpage that I see in the console does not exist.

My only hope if I can lower the timeout, so it doesn't take 5 or more minutes...
(Or try to find another mods to play with...:D)
Could you give us the piece from the console log that says what these files are? If it's possible to find out which mod is doing this, then it may be possible to locate a source for the files and do something similar to what @rhn suggested.

Reactions: rhn

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give us the piece from the console log that says what these files are? If it's possible to find out which mod is doing this, then it may be possible to locate a source for the files and do something similar to what @rhn suggested.
No, I don't give you anything... :D
First, because I gone mad, and deleted the whole installation.
Second, it was a very-very-very old thingy; Minecraft 1.4.6...
But it was a link to a Dropbox page...

I appreciate that you guys try to help me. Sorry that I wasted your times.
I learned that it is better if I don't mess with really old and already DEAD;) things.

R

Redje

Hi there
I have an issue in the Ftb inifinity skyblock evolved pack.
Basically, i have two save : one in creative mode and the other one in survival
In my creative one, the craft of the refined iron ingot in the induction smelter is working, but not ANYMORE in my survival world
The craft isnt working anymore since the 1.2.0 update
I hope you can help me with this :)

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
If you sow the fruit in the desert and wait, it will grow into a full plant. The fruit regrows after rain (even though it doesn't rain in the desert). I use these plants to make cactus green as my ordinary cacti are turned into fuel. They also look nice scattered around my part of the base. (Also it might not need desert to grow, just sand, I haven't tried growing it anywhere else)
I know this was posted three years ago, but I wanted to ask you the same question. I've had a weird instance where it seems Saguaros won't give fruit at all, even after a rainstorm. It may be due to Local Weather and Storms by Corosus, but idk honestly.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hi there
I have an issue in the Ftb inifinity skyblock evolved pack.
Basically, i have two save : one in creative mode and the other one in survival
In my creative one, the craft of the refined iron ingot in the induction smelter is working, but not ANYMORE in my survival world
The craft isnt working anymore since the 1.2.0 update
I hope you can help me with this :)

You might want to drop that over in the bug reports area: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/infinity-evolved-skyblock-1-7-10.237/

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
I know this was posted three years ago, but I wanted to ask you the same question. I've had a weird instance where it seems Saguaros won't give fruit at all, even after a rainstorm. It may be due to Local Weather and Storms by Corosus, but idk honestly.

I've planted Saguaros in all kinds of biomes, they seem to grow fine as long as they have sand. And I do get fruit, even though I rarely harvest it, it's just easier to pick berries. One thing I have noticed is that the planted Saguaros always grow straight, I haven't figured out why I can't get the branched version.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Have you tried harvesting a recently generated saguaro in a Minecraft instance that has Local Weather and Storms installed? It overrides the vanilla rain system. I'm thinking of regenerating the map with that mod removed.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The no spawns is covered mostly by the 90 blocks of water. Also means that any unlit parts of your platform are likely to spawn something. The slabs ensure that once you get gravel/sand, you can't pillar down to check out the ocean floor by chucking blocks off the side of your platform. ... Decoration gives you a random scattering of lily pads, not oak saplings (swamp biome). ...
Ahh, the "6" is not a block ID, but some flag. Never mind.

What does the 6 flag do? Please tell me it doesn't magically make a mountain. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ahh, the "6" is not a block ID, but some flag. Never mind.

What does the 6 flag do? Please tell me it doesn't magically make a mountain. :)

*refrains from making a joke about amusement parks*

I had wondered where you came up with the oak saplings. ;) It wasn't until I was back in my playtesting that I realized that it came from the '6'.

In this case, 6 is the biome ID - forces it to be a swamp, which provides the lily pads. If I get this thing up to 1.8 or higher, I have a seed that starts you out in the right biome, and I figured out how to set the noise/sea level/oregen to keep everything nicely flooded. Doesn't have the evil slabs, but oh well.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On TiC for 1.10.2 I had a fully repaired Rapier (all wood). I replaced the crossbar with flint, and the handle with stone. I set out to get some cactus (just a few meters from the house and suddenly I hear the sound o a tool breaking (while doing nothing. I open my inventory and noitice that my rapier has the broken sprite... thatsweird.jpg

I go to my station and as I try to put some wood to repair it, I notice that the output still shows the tool as broken. Upon closer inspection I notice the durability is 0/0...

Bug or some weird interaction with the materials?

Edit: NVM, it's WAI. The stone handle takes durability... I'm a twat...

Last edited:

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
I've planted Saguaros in all kinds of biomes, they seem to grow fine as long as they have sand. And I do get fruit, even though I rarely harvest it, it's just easier to pick berries. One thing I have noticed is that the planted Saguaros always grow straight, I haven't figured out why I can't get the branched version.
You tried with the Local Weather and Storms Mod installed? It overrides the vanilla rain and storm system, so it may be messing up the fruit growth and stuff like that.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so as I've said, the problem with the 0/0 tool was the total of modifiers making an unusable tool. So I replaced the blade with cactus (Rapiers: cactus blade, flint guard, stone handle). It outputs a tool with 60 durability. But since it was brken before, it's still broken.

No problem, I think. Just repair it with cactus... It shows an output weapon (on the Tool Station) that is still broken... Is this intended?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Sounds like a bug to me... can you recreate it?