Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7.10 with TiC and Iguana Tweaks, what is the harvest level of Applied Energistics 2 quartz?

Im lucky enough and already find some charged quartz, and mined it with an iron pickaxe, but it can't mine the normal quartz.
Now I have a bronze pickaxe but still can't mine normal quartz.
It just doesn't make sense that a pick that have redstone level (bronze pickaxe) still can't mine normal quartz. But why a pick that is lover in tier (the iron one) can mine the rare charged quartz? Is this normal? I can't find anything in the config files about changing the quartz harvest level.
I like to make a grindstone. As far as I know the AE2 grindstone is an early game ore doubling thingy, but if I can't mine quartz even with a pickaxe that can mine redstone, it renders the grindstone totally useless. And of course I don't want to waste the charged ones to make a grindstone...
I'm pretty sure it's obsidian.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's obsidian.

Thanks.
I just don't get it. The precious charged one can mined with just an iron pick. But the COMMON plane quartz need obsidian level? That nonsense, because it totally renders tha grindstone useless, especially with IguanaTweaks, when you even have to boost the pick first.
I think that must be the opposite. You use charged quartz at later for fluix crytals. And it is not an early game thing, like the grindstone supposed to be.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I tried to set up my MFR autospawner in The Last Millennium void dimension. Everything is set up, it's got power and mob essence via tesseract, but nothing spawns. I watch the idle timer go down, then the work timer go down, but no mobs are spawning.

Set up is simple one. 9x9 room, autospawner in the floor, surrounded by conveyor belts to push mobs towards diamond spikes.

Any suggestions? Or is there a 0 mob cap limit in this dimension?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I tried to set up my MFR autospawner in The Last Millennium void dimension. Everything is set up, it's got power and mob essence via tesseract, but nothing spawns. I watch the idle timer go down, then the work timer go down, but no mobs are spawning.

Set up is simple one. 9x9 room, autospawner in the floor, surrounded by conveyor belts to push mobs towards diamond spikes.

Any suggestions? Or is there a 0 mob cap limit in this dimension?
If you have placed the Spawner flush with the floor and then put MFR conveyors on top of the floor, then you have effectively blocked all the possible spawn locations.

The spawner spawns(the mobs feet) in a Y-level of +1 to -1. So you want the spawner up with at least one free unobstructed block(no conveyors etc.) between it and the floor to have max efficiency. Additionally you want to make sure that the +1 layer has enough headroom to allow for the height of the mob. So spawning Endermen you will need at least 3 blocks space above the spawner.

If you don't set up the spawner with every possible spawn location being a valid free space, the spawner will fail when it tries to spawn in those locations, and thereby spawn less mobs per minute.

M

mariamolly

So I'm trying to craft a Leadstone Jetpack but I cannot craft the Leadstone Flux Capacitor. I put the components in the Crafting Station but nothing happens. Am I missing something? It's the one that uses Electrotine, Sulfur, Lead and Copper ingots. I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved on Expert mode.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So I'm trying to craft a Leadstone Jetpack but I cannot craft the Leadstone Flux Capacitor. I put the components in the Crafting Station but nothing happens. Am I missing something? It's the one that uses Electrotine, Sulfur, Lead and Copper ingots. I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved on Expert mode.

What pack? Some recipes change and others are removed in the config files of certain packs. If you are playing Infinity Evolved:Expert you will find quite a few things removed and/or changed, as well as the ability to craft "Creative" items if you are masochistic enough... :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What pack? Some recipes change and others are removed in the config files of certain packs. If you are playing Infinity Evolved:Expert you will find quite a few things removed and/or changed, as well as the ability to craft "Creative" items if you are masochistic enough... :D
he mentioned the packname dude in the sentence you quoted :p

Reactions: Piripács

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
There are certain issues (ID fuck ups) with certain crafting recipes. If you can't craft it for realzies (make sure all the parts are correct and not just look-a-like) just cheat in one for yourself and get rid of the crafting components manually

M

mariamolly

Yeah, I'm using IE:Expert. The recipe shows up on the NEI just like everything else but it doesn't work on the table. I tried a different recipe (redstones instead of electrotine) and still nothing.

M

mariamolly

There are certain issues (ID fuck ups) with certain crafting recipes. If you can't craft it for realzies (make sure all the parts are correct and not just look-a-like) just cheat in one for yourself and get rid of the crafting components manually
Ok, I think that will be the only way. Is there a command to spawn items? I'm googling it but it only shows stuff from other packs. I know about a NEI cheat mode but have no idea how to activate it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Ok, I think that will be the only way. Is there a command to spawn items? I'm googling it but it only shows stuff from other packs. I know about a NEI cheat mode but have no idea how to activate it.

To activate NEI Cheat Mode, go to an inventory screen and click the 'Options' button (usually left of center at the bottom). Hit the 'Inventory' button (top one), and then select 'Cheat Mode' (two clicks on the second button on the next screen). Be sure to put it back into 'Recipe Mode' after you've gotten the thing.

Last edited:
M

mariamolly

To activate NEI Cheat Mode, go to an inventory screen and click the 'Options' button (usually left of center at the bottom). Hit the 'Inventory' button (top one), and then select 'Cheat Mode' (ywo clicks on the second button on the next screen). Be sure to put it back into 'Recipe Mode' after you've gotten the thing.
Man this pack is complicated af for a first timer haha. I managed to get the damn item.

Thank you very much for the help everyone that replied.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Man this pack is complicated af for a first timer haha. I managed to get the damn item.

Thank you very much for the help everyone that replied.
Given that it's called "Expert Mode", what made you play it as a first timer?! ;p Glad you managed to get it though. Makes me wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
he mentioned the packname dude in the sentence you quoted :p

Sorry, just having coffee 2 1/2 hrs. later... Not awake yet :oops::rolleyes:

[Edit - 1 34oz. Mug of coffee later]
I'm awake now, and I think I remember something about some recipes having to be made in a Vanilla crafting table and failing in the other variations... Or I'm thinking of another FtB pack.

Last edited:

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
They probably just forgot to change it.

They meant for AE2 to be fairly late game
I don't think so. The Grindstone is NOT a late game thing.

This is from the AE2 website:
"The Quartz Grindstone provides a low tech solution for getting more out of your mining trips. It is much cheaper than its more high-tech counter parts of other mods..."

In the past I don't have problem with mining quartz in early game, it is just in the 1.7.10.
I don't know what is boni doing, but as IT evolves, I find more and more nonsense and annoying things in this mod by default. :p
Anyway, can someone tell me, in Iguana Tweaks, exactly in what config file and exactly what I need to change to be able to change the mining levels of certain ores? In the default config files, I can't find anything about any mining level. I never needed to change mining levels, so I never do it, and I really can't find it out how it is possible to change mining levels. English is not my native language, so maybe just me who don't understand what I have to do.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Most of AE2 is late game. As I recall the grindstone is the only part that is early game.

That's what makes it so unusual that regular Quartz is apparently a higher mining level. If you're supposed to be able to use the grindstone early-game, you'd think that it would be possible to get it with early-game tech.

Reactions: Piripács

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it doesn't. In packs that use iguana tweaks... You already have a method to double ores very early thanks to the smeltery. Rendering that grindstone obsolete. Whereas a pack without iguana tweaks it's a viable method for early ore doubling.

T

Thetis

I am playing the FTB Infinity Evolved version 2.5.0 modpack for Minecraft 1.7.10 on PC and I ran into a problem. I found the stronghold in my world but it spawned with a Mine. As a result, I have been unable to find the actual end portal room and I suspect it does not exist. I had read that there might be another stronghold in my world at another location so I went off to look for it. I am now 21864m away from the original stronghold location and when I toss up an Eye of Ender, it gleefully heads off in the direction of the original stronghold. I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or if I've just not been patient enough. I was hoping I could get a few questions answered.

1. Is there another stronghold somewhere in my world?

2. How far away should I expect to have to travel before my Eye of Ender seeks the 2nd stronghold?

3. Is my suspicion warranted that the end portal room in the original stronghold is somehow destroyed by the interception of mine and stronghold spawns?

If anyone has any helpful answers or tips, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

thetis