Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there a spreadsheet/Googledoc/database that shows what the latest versions of mods are? I'm putting together a pack, and just spent an hour looking up each individual mod to see if I could move the pack to something higher than 1.7.10 (Would really like to use the new worldgen settings).

Sadly, while the majority of the mods I'm working with have gotten to 1.9.4, two of the critical mods and one of the 'would really, really like it' mods are still at 1.7.10.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Is there a spreadsheet/Googledoc/database that shows what the latest versions of mods are? I'm putting together a pack, and just spent an hour looking up each individual mod to see if I could move the pack to something higher than 1.7.10 (Would really like to use the new worldgen settings).

Sadly, while the majority of the mods I'm working with have gotten to 1.9.4, two of the critical mods and one of the 'would really, really like it' mods are still at 1.7.10.
What are the 3 mods you're talking about? Just curious.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What are the 3 mods you're talking about? Just curious.

Ex Nihilo is in alpha testing for anything above 1.7.10, and CoFH (and the associated Thermal mods) are hanging at 1.7.10. Those are the critical ones - although I might be able to work around the Thermals. I'd really like to include Galacticraft as some end-game material/reward. (The idea is that the player is sent to create a colony base on a resource-scarce world. GC would be included as a chapter of 'You finished the job, now you can prepare to leave this mud-ball!') JABBA also seems to have stalled at 1.7.10, but replacing that one would be almost cosmetic.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Ex Nihilo is in alpha testing for anything above 1.7.10, and CoFH (and the associated Thermal mods) are hanging at 1.7.10. Those are the critical ones - although I might be able to work around the Thermals. I'd really like to include Galacticraft as some end-game material/reward. (The idea is that the player is sent to create a colony base on a resource-scarce world. GC would be included as a chapter of 'You finished the job, now you can prepare to leave this mud-ball!') JABBA also seems to have stalled at 1.7.10, but replacing that one would be almost cosmetic.
Make some custom recipes to replace Ex Nihilo? EnderIO/IC2/IE(Release it faster BluSunrize!) could replace the Thermal mods. What if at the end of the pack the player learns that their planet was destroyed and they decide to create their own planet in a block using RFTools? Storage Drawers can replace JABBA

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

What with all the anti-Curse drama around here, please don't take this the wrong way.

I have found the absolutely easiest way to check mod versions is to use Curse to build a pack, even if you don't intend to use it. They seem to have the largest repository of mods, and when you build a profile (to start a pack) you name it and select the desired Minecraft version from a dropdown list. Then you select the Forge version you want to use from it's drop list... It only shows versions compatible with the MC version selected.

After you save the profile right click on the profile icon (NOT the play button) and select the "Get More Content" button. The list of all mods compatible with the MC and Forge versions is listed.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell if you've already selected a mod is to mouse over it and see if a Green "Install" or a Gray "Installed" button appears (if Gray you already have it). As you build your temporary pack just list all the mods and their current versions, checking the descriptions for the Developer's support sites (if included).

In order for some kind of spreadsheet to exist AND be up-to-date someone would have to be in contact with all of the active Mod Developers and keep a list of them, all their mods, if they've stopped supporting a mod whether they passed it on to someone else or not, etc. Curse has all this data because the mods contact THEM with new versions.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Make some custom recipes to replace Ex Nihilo? EnderIO/IC2/IE(Release it faster BluSunrize!) could replace the Thermal mods. What if at the end of the pack the player learns that their planet was destroyed and they decide to create their own planet in a block using RFTools? Storage Drawers can replace JABBA

If I did the custom recipes, I'd basically be re-making ExN. The world isn't exactly a Skyblock type, but pretty darn close. (The 1.7.10 preset I'm using for pre-alpha/quest tree development: 2;7,44:1,90x9;6;decoration - Yes, I'm evil.) Storage Drawers is a distinct possibility.

What with all the anti-Curse drama around here, please don't take this the wrong way.

I have found the absolutely easiest way to check mod versions is to use Curse to build a pack, even if you don't intend to use it. They seem to have the largest repository of mods, and when you build a profile (to start a pack) you name it and select the desired Minecraft version from a dropdown list. Then you select the Forge version you want to use from it's drop list... It only shows versions compatible with the MC version selected.

After you save the profile right click on the profile icon (NOT the play button) and select the "Get More Content" button. The list of all mods compatible with the MC and Forge versions is listed.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell if you've already selected a mod is to mouse over it and see if a Green "Install" or a Gray "Installed" button appears.

I'm new at this, so no preconceptions here. :D The primary reason I haven't migrated modpack launchers is inertia. All the pre-alpha work I've done has been through the vanilla MC launcher. I won't say it's been completely smooth sailing, but I can definitely appreciate both the tenacity and the enthusiasm that 'veteran' pack-makers have for their projects.

N

Nimbus125

Is there a way to move Items, Power, and/or Liquids with only 2 faces of a block? Been playing Sky Factory 2 and have a automatic mob farm with Cursed Earth, Open Blocks Fans, and a MFR Grinder. Currently, I have it being powered from below, a chest behind importing into my ME Network, and a Liquid Transfer Node on the side with a block inside the farm to block off light. What concerns me is that the block inside the farm will lower efficiency both from losing spawning space and from making mobs get trapped on it unable to reach the grinder. Is there a way to get around this 3-side problem, or a Microblocks-esque block that actually blocks out light so I don't have to worry in the first place?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So there is this weird thing happening on my server running Infinity 2.5.0

Every time I go near people, they get a poison effect for a second. Just long enough to take them down a heart.

It doesn't hurt me, and I'm not carrying anything that would cause the status effect (that I know of).

I've got ruby armor, band of aura/mana, a pendant for fire resist, and the belt of flight.

Any ideas why? My friends don't like me visiting anymore :p

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a way to move Items, Power, and/or Liquids with only 2 faces of a block? Been playing Sky Factory 2 and have a automatic mob farm with Cursed Earth, Open Blocks Fans, and a MFR Grinder. Currently, I have it being powered from below, a chest behind importing into my ME Network, and a Liquid Transfer Node on the side with a block inside the farm to block off light. What concerns me is that the block inside the farm will lower efficiency both from losing spawning space and from making mobs get trapped on it unable to reach the grinder. Is there a way to get around this 3-side problem, or a Microblocks-esque block that actually blocks out light so I don't have to worry in the first place?
im pretty sure sky factory has ender io and its conductis can move power items liquid M.E all in 1 block space

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Have you tried ender io facades? They allow pipes to connect to machines, and block light.

Reactions: Nimbus125

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If I did the custom recipes, I'd basically be re-making ExN. The world isn't exactly a Skyblock type, but pretty darn close. (The 1.7.10 preset I'm using for pre-alpha/quest tree development: 2;7,44:1,90x9;6;decoration - Yes, I'm evil.) Storage Drawers is a distinct possibility.

So: Bedrock, sandstone lower slabs (no spawns), 90 blocks of water, and one block of ... Oak Saplings?!? On water???

They grow? So ... you get wood, and you can place the wood down, and ... I take it you are stuck floating in the water, trying to punch enough wood to put wood down to where you can climb out of the water???

90 blocks, so diving down to the slabs, and breaking them, no, they're not wood slabs, never mind.

Welcome to the Extremely Vile Interests Locum.

Reactions: Lethosos

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

Every time I go near people, they get a poison effect for a second. Just long enough to take them down a heart.

It doesn't hurt me, and I'm not carrying anything that would cause the status effect (that I know of).

I've got ruby armor, band of aura/mana, a pendant for fire resist, and the belt of flight.

Maybe something from Witchery? Do you have any custom mods installed?

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
If I did the custom recipes, I'd basically be re-making ExN. The world isn't exactly a Skyblock type, but pretty darn close. (The 1.7.10 preset I'm using for pre-alpha/quest tree development: 2;7,44:1,90x9;6;decoration - Yes, I'm evil.) Storage Drawers is a distinct possibility. ...

I just need to say this sounds amazing and I'm excited to see what you put together.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

You have the disease. It will only infect them once and then it may mutate. They will also be contagious to the people around them. There's a reddit post on the topic that details the mechanics. I can't get a link at the moment since I'm at work, but you can probably find it by searching something about "red and green flashes infinity server reddit"

Reactions: Everlasting2

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So: Bedrock, sandstone lower slabs (no spawns), 90 blocks of water, and one block of ... Oak Saplings?!? On water???

They grow? So ... you get wood, and you can place the wood down, and ... I take it you are stuck floating in the water, trying to punch enough wood to put wood down to where you can climb out of the water???

90 blocks, so diving down to the slabs, and breaking them, no, they're not wood slabs, never mind.

Welcome to the Extremely Vile Interests Locum.

The no spawns is covered mostly by the 90 blocks of water. Also means that any unlit parts of your platform are likely to spawn something. The slabs ensure that once you get gravel/sand, you can't pillar down to check out the ocean floor by chucking blocks off the side of your platform. (At the moment, I don't know of a way to accomplish this outside of a flatland, unfortunately.)

Decoration gives you a random scattering of lily pads, not oak saplings (swamp biome). Detection quest for 20, and you get a compost barrel. (Enough for two blocks of dirt.) You turn in one for a sapling and proceed from there. Blocks can be placed on lily pads (and you can dive under and place blocks on the bottom surfaces of those first blocks), so there's your foundation.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

EnderIO is good at making the most of a single face of a block, and as others have mentioned, its facades are opaque. If you've gone the CoFH route instead, Thermal Dynamics has flux-plated itemducts and fluiducts, which can carry RF as well as items or fluids. Should work well enough for your use case.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You have the disease. It will only infect them once and then it may mutate. They will also be contagious to the people around them. There's a reddit post on the topic that details the mechanics. I can't get a link at the moment since I'm at work, but you can probably find it by searching something about "red and green flashes infinity server reddit"

Ahh got it. Interesting little bit of code there :p

Now if there was any mention of a cure....

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019

Check this website: http://modlist.mcf.li/

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7.10 with TiC and Iguana Tweaks, what is the harvest level of Applied Energistics 2 quartz?

Im lucky enough and already find some charged quartz, and mined it with an iron pickaxe, but it can't mine the normal quartz.
Now I have a bronze pickaxe but still can't mine normal quartz.
It just doesn't make sense that a pick that have redstone level (bronze pickaxe) still can't mine normal quartz. But why a pick that is lover in tier (the iron one) can mine the rare charged quartz? Is this normal? I can't find anything in the config files about changing the quartz harvest level.
I like to make a grindstone. As far as I know the AE2 grindstone is an early game ore doubling thingy, but if I can't mine quartz even with a pickaxe that can mine redstone, it renders the grindstone totally useless. And of course I don't want to waste the charged ones to make a grindstone...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Also, Extra Utilities has the Blackout Curtains.