Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am playing the FTB Infinity Evolved version 2.5.0 modpack for Minecraft 1.7.10 on PC and I ran into a problem. I found the stronghold in my world but it spawned with a Mine. As a result, I have been unable to find the actual end portal room and I suspect it does not exist. I had read that there might be another stronghold in my world at another location so I went off to look for it. I am now 21864m away from the original stronghold location and when I toss up an Eye of Ender, it gleefully heads off in the direction of the original stronghold. I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or if I've just not been patient enough. I was hoping I could get a few questions answered.

1. Is there another stronghold somewhere in my world?

2. How far away should I expect to have to travel before my Eye of Ender seeks the 2nd stronghold?

3. Is my suspicion warranted that the end portal room in the original stronghold is somehow destroyed by the interception of mine and stronghold spawns?

If anyone has any helpful answers or tips, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

thetis
There are always 3 strongholds in a world. They spawn roughly forming an equal sided triangle around the spawn. So if one does not work, head from it to the spawn. Then turn 60 degrees left or right and head out looking for another one.

And yes, worldgen in modded MC can sometimes mess things like strongholds up(probably vanilla too). But often the portal room can be a real PITA to find. Many times it isn't even connected to the rest of the dungeon... And the Eye of Enders wont fly to the exact spot of the portal room. Pay good attention, but if you cannot find it at all then just try one of the other strongholds.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
There are always 3 strongholds in a world. They spawn roughly forming an equal sided triangle around the spawn. So if one does not work, head from it to the spawn. Then turn 60 degrees left or right and head out looking for another one.

And yes, worldgen in modded MC can sometimes mess things like strongholds up(probably vanilla too). But often the portal room can be a real PITA to find. Many times it isn't even connected to the rest of the dungeon... And the Eye of Enders wont fly to the exact spot of the portal room. Pay good attention, but if you cannot find it at all then just try one of the other strongholds.
I could drop a "illuminati" joke...wait I already did it... oh well

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

T

TheDeviantOne

Hello everyone,

I recently started playing skyfactory 2.5. I have learned the basics to move myself up to the point where you have a sieve and a cobble generator. I have grinded myself a couple of stacks cobblestone, gravel, sand and dust. Also I have sieved up to a stack of iron ingots and some other materials. Probably enough to make a start to a next step.

So actually what I am seeking for is my next step in progression. I don't need any exact guide. All I need is someone to tell what is smartest to move on to. I myself thought ofautomizing the processing of ores if possible yet. This would save a lot of work. I don't mind doing research for how to build things so I don't need any guide. Just tell me wether it is automizing something, build any mobspawner or machines or whatever is best for me to do next.

Thanks in advance for your help.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I recently started playing skyfactory 2.5. I have learned the basics to move myself up to the point where you have a sieve and a cobble generator. I have grinded myself a couple of stacks cobblestone, gravel, sand and dust. Also I have sieved up to a stack of iron ingots and some other materials. Probably enough to make a start to a next step.

So actually what I am seeking for is my next step in progression. I don't need any exact guide. All I need is someone to tell what is smartest to move on to. I myself thought ofautomizing the processing of ores if possible yet. This would save a lot of work. I don't mind doing research for how to build things so I don't need any guide. Just tell me wether it is automizing something, build any mobspawner or machines or whatever is best for me to do next.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Secure a food source. If you can automate it, even better.

T

TheDeviantOne

Secure a food source. If you can automate it, even better.

Thank you, I didnt even think of that because I got apples for days. But still a nice idea. After I got that done what would you recommend me to do?

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me, in Iguana Tweaks, exactly in what config file and exactly what I need to change to be able to change the mining levels of certain ores? In the default config files, I can't find anything about any mining level. I never needed to change mining levels, so I never do it, and I really can't find it out how it is possible to change mining levels. English is not my native language, so maybe just me who don't understand what I have to do.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the FTB Infinity Evolved version 2.5.0 modpack for Minecraft 1.7.10 on PC and I ran into a problem. I found the stronghold in my world but it spawned with a Mine. As a result, I have been unable to find the actual end portal room and I suspect it does not exist. I had read that there might be another stronghold in my world at another location so I went off to look for it. I am now 21864m away from the original stronghold location and when I toss up an Eye of Ender, it gleefully heads off in the direction of the original stronghold. I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time or if I've just not been patient enough. I was hoping I could get a few questions answered.

2. How far away should I expect to have to travel before my Eye of Ender seeks the 2nd stronghold?

3. Is my suspicion warranted that the end portal room in the original stronghold is somehow destroyed by the interception of mine and stronghold spawns?

thetis

All what the others are saying isn't true. This is from the OFFICIAL Minecraft wiki:

"There is a limit of 128 strongholds per world (1 per world in Console Edition, and 3 per world in Pocket Edition)."

"All strongholds are located at random positions within rings, each ring with a certain radius from the origin – the point at x = 0, z = 0, not the world spawn, which may be a couple of hundred blocks away. Strongholds also may extend further in or out of that area. The strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (for instance, each stronghold in a ring of 3 is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin). The game will not generate a stronghold partially above-ground: any portion above the ground layer will be replaced with air blocks, leaving a cutaway. Strongholds may generate at bedrock level, cutting the bedrock."

"In the Computer Edition, they generate in rings with the strongholds evenly spaced around the circle until the total of 128 is reached."
The 1st ring has 3 strongholds within 1408–2688 of the origin
The 2nd ring has 6 strongholds within 4480–5760 of the origin
The 3rd ring has 10 strongholds within 7552–8832 of the origin
The 4th ring has 15 strongholds within 10624–11904 of the origin
The 5th ring has 21 strongholds within 13696–14976 of the origin
The 6th ring has 28 strongholds within 16768–18048 of the origin
The 7th ring has 36 strongholds within 19840–21120 of the origin
The 8th ring has 9 strongholds within 22912–24192 of the origin

"Strongholds primarily generate underground, and prefer to generate in biomes above sea level but will spawn underwater if necessary. Whole rooms can be flooded if the stronghold is intersected by a mineshaft or ravine. Very rarely, floating rooms can be found in the ocean. Portal rooms (and other parts of the stronghold) can be overwritten by ravines, caves, abandoned mineshafts, dungeons, or parts of the stronghold itself, forcing a player to find one of the other strongholds."

So yes, they can destroyed by mines or other things...

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
All what the others are saying isn't true. This is from the OFFICIAL Minecraft wiki:

"There is a limit of 128 strongholds per world (1 per world in Console Edition, and 3 per world in Pocket Edition)."

"All strongholds are located at random positions within rings, each ring with a certain radius from the origin – the point at x = 0, z = 0, not the world spawn, which may be a couple of hundred blocks away. Strongholds also may extend further in or out of that area. The strongholds are spawned at roughly equal angles from the center point of the world (for instance, each stronghold in a ring of 3 is in the region of 120 degrees from the others, measured from the origin). The game will not generate a stronghold partially above-ground: any portion above the ground layer will be replaced with air blocks, leaving a cutaway. Strongholds may generate at bedrock level, cutting the bedrock."

"In the Computer Edition, they generate in rings with the strongholds evenly spaced around the circle until the total of 128 is reached."
The 1st ring has 3 strongholds within 1408–2688 of the origin
The 2nd ring has 6 strongholds within 4480–5760 of the origin
The 3rd ring has 10 strongholds within 7552–8832 of the origin
The 4th ring has 15 strongholds within 10624–11904 of the origin
The 5th ring has 21 strongholds within 13696–14976 of the origin
The 6th ring has 28 strongholds within 16768–18048 of the origin
The 7th ring has 36 strongholds within 19840–21120 of the origin
The 8th ring has 9 strongholds within 22912–24192 of the origin

"Strongholds primarily generate underground, and prefer to generate in biomes above sea level but will spawn underwater if necessary. Whole rooms can be flooded if the stronghold is intersected by a mineshaft or ravine. Very rarely, floating rooms can be found in the ocean. Portal rooms (and other parts of the stronghold) can be overwritten by ravines, caves, abandoned mineshafts, dungeons, or parts of the stronghold itself, forcing a player to find one of the other strongholds."

So yes, they can destroyed by mines or other things...

Yes, that is the case since 1.9, but Infinity is 1.7.10. See the history section in the wiki ;)

Reactions: rhn

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I didnt even think of that because I got apples for days. But still a nice idea. After I got that done what would you recommend me to do?
You sound like you new to modded skyblocks. If you really don't know how to progress in modded skyblock, I recommend you to play the first Agrarian Sky.
It's a bit old, but it has the Hardcore Questing Mode, and it is teaching you from the very begining to how you progress in a modded skyblock.
I learned literally everything from that pack, how to play a modded skyblock.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

thetis

Based on what others have said, it seems to me that the easiest way to ensure that the other strongholds are 'closer' is to go to the opposite X and Z coordinates from the one that you located. That is, if 'your' stronghold is at (672,y,-717); head off to (-672,y,717). With the standard 'triangle' arrangement, that should put you somewhere between the other two, but it's easier to find than calculating 60 degrees from anything.

T

TheDeviantOne

I recently started playing Sky Factory 2.5 and I am just making progress by following the books of achievements. I am just half way the stone age. Everything till somewhere half way farming age seems quite simple. But is there anything I should make or build which the book is not noting?

T

Thetis

Thanks for the help guys. I found another stronghold and the end portal. I had been going in the wrong direction by a long way. I went back towards to original stronghold and then went east instead of north and found the new stronghold quickly. Woohoo!!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just had something weird happen. I decided to make a new world to test my pack, and figured I could include a layer of Galacticraft oil under the sandstone easily enough. Looked up the item ID: 818. Added it into the preset between the bedrock and the slabs. Came up with ExNihilo Platinum Gravel - which is ID number 744.

Color me confused...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Just had something weird happen. I decided to make a new world to test my pack, and figured I could include a layer of Galacticraft oil under the sandstone easily enough. Looked up the item ID: 818. Added it into the preset between the bedrock and the slabs. Came up with ExNihilo Platinum Gravel - which is ID number 744.

Color me confused...
well something is adding to it try adding the differnce (74)to 818 (so 892)and seeing if the oil spawns then (i think thats a default tendency in modded from something common ,tooo common to be remove-able )there is also the chance that the number that actually be use will be different across other instances or other worlds

so to be crystal clear try using 892 in place of 818

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
well something is adding to it try adding the differnce (74)to 818 (so 892)and seeing if the oil spawns then (i think thats a default tendency in modded from something common ,tooo common to be remove-able )there is also the chance that the number that actually be use will be different across other instances or other worlds

so to be crystal clear try using 892 in place of 818

Seemed logical enough - but apparently entering anything over 821 (which gave me Aluminum Ore Sand) gets set back to 0 (air) I might try some random selections to see if I find something identifiable from GC and work from there.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

Color me confused...
I'm pretty sure Forge dynamically assigns modded block IDs based on worlds, so IDs are not consistent amongst worlds.

Don't quote me on this though

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't think so. The Grindstone is NOT a late game thing.

This is from the AE2 website:
"The Quartz Grindstone provides a low tech solution for getting more out of your mining trips. It is much cheaper than its more high-tech counter parts of other mods..."

In the past I don't have problem with mining quartz in early game, it is just in the 1.7.10.
I don't know what is boni doing, but as IT evolves, I find more and more nonsense and annoying things in this mod by default. :p
Anyway, can someone tell me, in Iguana Tweaks, exactly in what config file and exactly what I need to change to be able to change the mining levels of certain ores? In the default config files, I can't find anything about any mining level. I never needed to change mining levels, so I never do it, and I really can't find it out how it is possible to change mining levels. English is not my native language, so maybe just me who don't understand what I have to do.

As I recall, this was a change adde
I'm pretty sure Forge dynamically assigns modded block IDs based on worlds, so IDs are not consistent amongst worlds.

Don't quote me on this though

I think you're right... IIRC Dynamic block IDs were introduced in 1.7 while maintaining the static ID setup, then [Edit:] Static IDs were removed in 1.8.

Last edited: