Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So I know the best/easiest way to get shiny metal is to use cinnabar and ferrous ore. What can I use to get ferrous?

Botania's orechid would make some, but on such a rare occasions it may as well not.

Suggestions?

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th
I will point out the orechid will also create shiny ore on occasion. Another option is the MFR Laser, which can also directly get shiny ore, and you can use lenses to focus on certain ores, I think it's light blue for shiny, but NEI can tell you which colour laser focus is needed for each ore.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
This is probably Modder 101 stuff here, but does anyone know a quick way of finding out the OreDict name for an item? I need to make two silicons equivalent in order to get some recipes to work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is probably Modder 101 stuff here, but does anyone know a quick way of finding out the OreDict name for an item? I need to make two silicons equivalent in order to get some recipes to work.
When ingame you can press Ctrl and hover over the item in NEI.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Can anyone point me to a middle-tier Railcraft guide, something that addresses automating rail networks as well as the more advanced rail options? I've built a reasonably large network, but I'm still struggling with how to make the jump to the next tier of complexity. Electric rails? Laser rails? Ticketing system? And how do I use the water tank to automatically refill the steam locomotive?

I've read most of the Railcraft wiki, and at least two different Getting Started guides. Ideally what I'd like to find is something that provides sample rail network construction, like setting up a loop to pick up and deliver, and how to implement the signaling system.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When ingame you can press Ctrl and hover over the item in NEI.
Which version of NEI do you need for that - because CTRL doesn't change anything I can see. I can see the item ID numbers without hitting anything special, but the config file seems to want a text name like itemSilicon.

Can anyone point me to a middle-tier Railcraft guide, something that addresses automating rail networks as well as the more advanced rail options? I've built a reasonably large network, but I'm still struggling with how to make the jump to the next tier of complexity. Electric rails? Laser rails? Ticketing system? And how do I use the water tank to automatically refill the steam locomotive?

I've read most of the Railcraft wiki, and at least two different Getting Started guides. Ideally what I'd like to find is something that provides sample rail network construction, like setting up a loop to pick up and deliver, and how to implement the signaling system.

This looks like it might be of interest:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of NEI do you need for that - because CTRL doesn't change anything I can see. I can see the item ID numbers without hitting anything special, but the config file seems to want a text name like itemSilicon.
Shift? I thjnk that brings up oredict.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
But asb3pe originally asked for a way to unify oregen. I just mentioned that mod, maybe he interested in it, cause I don' know other way of oregen unifying, just what I posted already, with cofh worgen through config files.

Yes, that is correct, my question was oregen. Still, I do appreciate people taking the time to reply, so thanks. :)

And I do think my solution lies in learning CoFH worldgen config files. I hope someday I'm motivated enough to tackle such a daunting task. LOL

It's a dilemma because even tho my modpack is complete now in terms of mods, and seems to be running perfectly... I don't want to "waste" time exploring and building in a new world if I have any intention of changing the wordgen. So now my game is on hold, because of my "Minecraft OCD" with all the different ore blocks, until I spent the time to learn CoFH. ugh.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Shift? I thjnk that brings up oredict.

Its probably shift then :p I just press it at this point out of instinct, don't really know what key it is any more :p

P

Pc_Pyro

Good night, I have a problem where my client freezes when it starts up, the modpack is infinity evolved, it freezes at 7/7, 1/9 and 3/3 when it's loading the mods, I have tried re-installing it, reducing the ram and downgrading the java version.

Q

Quantum_Tag

I am playing FTB Infinity Evolved, and I lost all of my items due to some kind of black hole node from Thaumcraft. Fortunately my personal server had done a backup a half and hour prior to this event. How can revert to said last save? I do not mind going back due to me not doing much for a certain period of time before my untimely catastrophe. I lost an Item Bag with almost 20 Diamond Blocks and countless other rare metals and I would just hate to see them permanently gone. Please Help!!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there something that will make a block from liquid faster than a casting basing?
There's a mod that does it in conjunction with thermal expansion, I forget what its called. I believe you have to "fuel" it with frames made (cheaply) from sticks for each block though.

You can also just use the casting basin's a bit more quickly by using something besides the tap. Filling the basin with any fluid pipe (such as ender io's conduits) results in a much faster block because the filling part is virtually instantaneous in comparison.

edit: I believe this is the mod I was talking about.

http://www.modsminecraft.org/thermal-casting-mod/

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
im playing the Project Ozone 2 pack and it has the ability to craft creative portable tanks and also have project E.So im using liquid bedrockium for EMC but im not crafting it quick enough. Some of the items need ~45K of an item to craft a certain item and one of those items are emerald blocks which is ~150K EMC i need ALOT of bedrockium lol. I just set this up in a different dimension so it doesnt affect FPS and ill just make bunch of casing basins.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I am playing FTB Infinity Evolved, and I lost all of my items due to some kind of black hole node from Thaumcraft. Fortunately my personal server had done a backup a half and hour prior to this event. How can revert to said last save? I do not mind going back due to me not doing much for a certain period of time before my untimely catastrophe. I lost an Item Bag with almost 20 Diamond Blocks and countless other rare metals and I would just hate to see them permanently gone. Please Help!!

I'd hazard a guess that there's a folder where your server store these backups. Look for files time-stamped around the time of the backup. They will probably have 'level.dat' and 'player.dat' as part of the name, possibly with an identifying suffix. (Minecraft itself uses '.dat_old', but your server backup might be more specific.)

Use those files to replace the corresponding files from the time of the disaster.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
I'm playing on a server that's using the Wired In mod pack, and really enjoying the Apple&Milk&Tea mod. Which got me wondering; is there a directory somewhere for modded Minecraft servers that feature more Japanese mods? I've seen references on Reddit to mods like Bamboo, Maple Tree, and Monster Girl, and I've browsed the forums at http://forum.minecraftuser.jp, but what I'm looking for is something like a server list. Any pointers?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
im playing the Project Ozone 2 pack and it has the ability to craft creative portable tanks and also have project E.So im using liquid bedrockium for EMC but im not crafting it quick enough. Some of the items need ~45K of an item to craft a certain item and one of those items are emerald blocks which is ~150K EMC i need ALOT of bedrockium lol. I just set this up in a different dimension so it doesnt affect FPS and ill just make bunch of casing basins.
if anyone is playing this pack and wondering the same thing look up a block called the Auto-Caster, it does exactly what i wanted, its alot faster fully augments and doesnt kill your FPS like my old setup lol

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It's a dilemma because even tho my modpack is complete now in terms of mods, and seems to be running perfectly... I don't want to "waste" time exploring and building in a new world if I have any intention of changing the wordgen. So now my game is on hold, because of my "Minecraft OCD" with all the different ore blocks, until I spent the time to learn CoFH. ugh.

Club, welcome. I originally wanted Mystcraft in my modpack (way back when) because I didn't want to deal with mod ore/world gen in my overworld (no retrogen existed back then, and I had a lot of overworld already explored before I started looking at mods).

Turned out that restricting worldgen effects to non-overworld dimensions was ... lets say "limiting on what mods could be included" :)